Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Official Update through hbl

Half Byte loader is an open source tool to load homebrews on all models of PSPs
Half Byte Loader can be downloaded at http://wololo.net/wagic/hbl
cozmo

Official Update through hbl

Post by cozmo »

ok so today I tried installing the XMB Launch Mod on my psp 2000 v3, to install it I should replace topmenu_icon.rco which is found in flash0, when I deleted my topmenu_icon.rco in flash0 the psp turned off before I copy the new topmenu_icon.rco and so my psp got bricked :( , but I can still launch a umd because I had UMD Auto start enabled from before :) , so the umd launches before the topmenu icons appear in the xmb that's why it works.
So my question is: If I buy a patapon umd can I use hbl to launch an official firmware updater.If so then my psp can be fixed by installing a new ofw firmware.
I hope there is someone who can help me here. :)
Advertising
toBsucht
VIP

Re: Official Update through hbl

Post by toBsucht »

I think it should by possibel to launch hbl or tn-a (b) with the Patapon umd but it is importend to get the unpached ver. remember(googel) that :) also you can use a few other UMDs: sukiri hot shot etc. Good luck! Isn´t your psp a full hackabel :( Have you not check it with pspident.
Maybe nothing work so don´t give to much money for this umd... the most hbl/hen user don´t need them anymore so it should be cheap :D
^^semi-brick^^ what does the topmenu.rco do?

edit: I´m not sure if a update via umd with a 6.3x ofw in it can help you

Lucky guy!!!
Advertising
HomeBrews working with Psp 6.xx fw viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2624
ofw (shrunk) HomeBrews viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1879

All Psp homebrews at mfi.re/toBsucht
http://pspinstaller.co.uk
cozmo

Post by cozmo »

my psp has cfw 6.35 pro-b3, I did something in the flash0 that made my psp partially bricked, the problem in the flash0 is that there is no topmenu_icon.rco, but lucky me I can still launch a umd only. Now here's my new problem : sukiri hack doesnt work on 6.35 :(, so if I bought the sukiri umd the hack wont work, there is already a hbl for 6.35 but it can only be launched from the xmb which I dont have access to, if only I can launch hbl from a game then I can fix my psp.
toBsucht
VIP

Post by toBsucht »

yeah i understand your problem. If you have a umd that enabel u to use hbl (maybe pro hen-[unsigned]) you maybe can unbrick your psp.

edit: if you use a unsigned hbl you can start it from a savegame (exploit)
HomeBrews working with Psp 6.xx fw viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2624
ofw (shrunk) HomeBrews viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1879

All Psp homebrews at mfi.re/toBsucht
http://pspinstaller.co.uk
cozmo

Post by cozmo »

I know but I think there are no game exploits which run hbl on 6.35, maybe there is minna no sukiri, but I cant get that game because it is a japanese game and it is not sold in the place I live in. :(
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

HBL needs no game to run. Check the signed version.
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
"just not into this RA stuffz"
Punker69

Post by Punker69 »

why dont use pandora battery :roll:
Mobile App Developer =)
toBsucht
VIP

Post by toBsucht »

Yeah maybe the recovery menu with a pandora batterie can help you cozmo.
I´m sure you can get a lot umd for hbl @ ebay or other e-shops since "hbl" is signed. ~5-10€ depent on the game ;) and luck.
But make sure that the umd is a unpachted... have a look to the www which umd-games (or @ wololo.net/hbl lol) support hbl.

@m0skit0 i think you misunderstand. Cozmo want to run a unsigned ver. to start hbl with a game since he has "bricked(xmb)" his psp.
cozmo

Post by cozmo »

Thank you guys for helping me still I dont have a solution to fix it, but thanks for trying :) .
@Moskito: My psp can run umds when it's bricked because the umd launches before the icons of the xmb appear which are corrupted because topmenu_icons.rco is deleted from flash0.I cant do anything on the xmb, I cant even access it that's why I cant use the signed hbl.
JJS
Big Beholder

Post by JJS »

The process is not as straightforward as you might think:
- The only HBL version that runs on 6.35 is for the Minna no Sukkiri DEMO. It will most likely not work without modification when using the UMD.
- You cannot run an update eboot from HBL. HBL only loads homebrew, nothing else.

This means that you have to:
- Adapt HBL to the UMD version.
- Make a homebrew you can launch from HBL that uses the TN kernel exploit. Then gain flash0 write access and restore your damaged file. Maybe you could run an unencrypted version of the Davee downgrader, but I am not sure if it would also have to be changed to work through HBL.

Return to “Half Byte Loader”