Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

So just to be sure...

Half Byte loader is an open source tool to load homebrews on all models of PSPs
Half Byte Loader can be downloaded at http://wololo.net/wagic/hbl
CompletelyIdiotic

So just to be sure...

Post by CompletelyIdiotic »

Hi everyone, thanks for taking a look at the thread.

I have a PSP 3001, I believe (It says 3001 on the bottom. It came in the Dissidia bundle), running 6.37 OFW. I have not done anything before to my PSP like modding, hacking, cfw, etc, so I am kind of worrying about doing this. Is there any risk to putting HBL for 6.37 on my PSP? Is it confirmed to work on PSP 3001?

May seem basic, but I'm kind of worried that I will mess up my only PSP. Thanks for any answers guys.
Advertising
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod

Re: So just to be sure...

Post by Disturbed0ne »

I'm almost positive that half byte loader doesn't write to flash (the main thing that bricks a PSP) so you're pretty safe using it.

A good idea before trying anything is to read up about it as much as possible and look at threads on what you're thinking about adding to see other peoples results (just make sure they've got the same model PSP that you do).

I'm not sure if there's anything that will tell you your specific mother board while your PSP is 6.37 OFW though. (I could be wrong as I don't have that firmware)
Advertising
DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT THE NAME OF ANY NINJA RELEASE GAME! I WILL NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME AND IF YOU PERSIST THEN I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE STAFF!
I AM A RETIRED MODERATOR!
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

HBL is 100% safe to use. It doesn't modify anything on the PSP and doesn't allow any homebrew to do critical modifications.
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
"just not into this RA stuffz"
grewolf

Post by grewolf »

On top of that you can access your psn account ( if you have one ) with out any worries :) And it will not void your warranty because you are still on sony's Official Firmware. Hbl is the most safest way to play homebrews other than signed homebrews off course.
Proud to be Pinoy
frillybob

Post by frillybob »

You cannot void your warrenty beucase they have no way of detecting it.
Unless you mess with the flash1(this deals with system settings and PSN accounts you will not break psn compatibility. IF you do it'll ask you to press O at a blue screen then just reactivate your PSN account! :P
Please pray for frillybob. Get updates from here > viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2974
His brother mainly posts for him now! :)

Return to “Half Byte Loader”