Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

My ISO sometimes crashes my PSP

Discuss here techniques/plugins/etc... related to ISO Loading and PSX Games
Forum rules
No Piracy Talk allowed here! Any post containing illegal contents and/or contents that is against the forum rules (including but not limited to links for illegal iso downloads) will be deleted, and the poster will be warned.
soop

My ISO sometimes crashes my PSP

Post by soop »

I ripped an original iso of Burnout Legends through 6.61 custom firmware. The CFW is permanently installed with Infinity. Very occaisionally, the game would hang, then the PSP would crash about 5 seconds after. The PSP at the point of crashing became completely unresponsive, even the power switch did nothing. At the point I am now though, the game is consistently crashing on one save at the third race of a GP (needed to progress basically). It's annoying enough that I've just given up.

I have tried:
Different memory cards, though I'm sure they're all official. Sony and Sandisk
Different PSPs, including a 2000 and a 3000
Different ISO options in the firmware

None of these makes any difference. The only thing I have left to try is going into the ISO and cutting down the file size by removing some uneeded stuff (iirc Burnout Legends should be somewhere around 200mb, not 500). Are there any other things I can try to get around this?
Advertising
Butcher

Re: My ISO sometimes crashes my PSP

Post by Butcher »

Maybe wrong ripped UMD to ISO . tray if u have orginal game download .iso version of that game to copy and test on PSP what will work perfect or ok . But for 100% sure i have copy of BL USA ISO and 100% work perfect on UMD i have it but never much so played from UMD

And MMS orginal or not is not point of working - thay work that same maybe no if no orginal some have not Magicgate to creat pandora soft files MMS (But i have ton of orginal ,no ,or adapter microsd and on all is like on orginal SONY CARDS)

I riped own years ago tons on 6.60 PRO-C2 own UMD to memory cards - no tested bournaut games but tons of another na used UMD ripper and worked like copes from net
Advertising
soop

Post by soop »

Did you use any special sowftware on the PC? I just literally copied the entire file over using the USB option within the firmware. Drag and drop in Windows 10
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

No i use on PSP PSPripper homebrew . Runs on PSP witch UMD of game then in aplication is only START and ripps UMD to ISO to PSP/ISO folder and like normal shows on XMB to run and play. U can copy it to PC normal by connecting PSP to PC or MC to pc card reader and copy iso file .
soop

Post by soop »

Ok, I think the end result is probably the same. I've tried compressing them into .cso's, so I'll see if that made any difference.
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

Never compres ISO to CSO u get small couple of size of file but 20% bad load time then ISO . Never compres ISO - on 2GB card u can get 1 game load normal - and thats all i have much more capasity of PSP card and never use 1 game at time who plays tons of games at one time.

Install on PSP PSP ripper and rip UMD to MMC and done - load and play takes riping max 5m

Return to “ISO/PSX Games Loading”