Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Solved] [PSX] Gundam Battle Assault 2 on PSP?

Discuss here techniques/plugins/etc... related to ISO Loading and PSX Games
Forum rules
No Piracy Talk allowed here! Any post containing illegal contents and/or contents that is against the forum rules (including but not limited to links for illegal iso downloads) will be deleted, and the poster will be warned.
Ethan Weegee

[Solved] [PSX] Gundam Battle Assault 2 on PSP?

Post by Ethan Weegee »

So I've looked this up and have found nothing. I have pretty much lost hope of playing Gundam Battle Assault 2 again. However I decided to post here and look for an answer.

I want to play Gundam Battle Assault 2 on PSP, however, it crashes way too much (always on street mode and mostly but not always on VS CPU) and I can't get it to work 100%. Occasionally it works, but it crashes on street mode and isn't very playable without the extra unlockable characters. I am on 6.60 CFW. I have ME and Pro C2 installed. ME delivers more promising results but still crashes. Pro crashes after the intro. I have POPSLoader and have tried many POPS, but none work like I want them to. Does anyone know how I need to configure the game? Which POPS works? I would not like to downgrade, by the way.
Advertising
Last edited by Ethan Weegee on Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Devices
PSP 2001 6.60 FW w/ Pro C2 and ME
...That's it.
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: [PSX] Gundam Battle Assault 2 on PSP?

Post by fate6 »

IDK but could try changing the games ID I guess, I recall that fixing some crashes in Digimon World 2003 years ago.
As to what to change it to IDK :/
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
esmjanus

Post by esmjanus »

Try using pops 3.40 or 3.30.
Ethan Weegee

Post by Ethan Weegee »

fate6 wrote:IDK but could try changing the games ID I guess, I recall that fixing some crashes in Digimon World 2003 years ago.
As to what to change it to IDK :/
Okay, I'll try changing it to Gundam Battle Assault 1.
esmjanus wrote:Try using pops 3.40 or 3.30.
I have already tried POPS 3.40. However I haven't tried POPS 3.30. If it matters, POPS 6.60 and 3.40 usually gets the farthest before crashing. Also, if it matters, I can sometimes get into a fight, and sometimes, after the fight, it doesn't crash and actually goes back to the menu. (In VS CPU mode)

UPDATE: Now it returns me to the XMB when I select a POPS, but the original from flash doesn't. Just to be sure I didn't corrupt my POPS, I tried it on a game that works perfectly (Armored Core) and it booted fine. I'll just recompile the game, and change the ID while I'm at it.

UPDATE 2: I remade the EBOOT and set the compression level to 0, and the game ID is for Gundam Battle Assault (01226) but when I ran it with the original POPS from flash it crashed my PSP; black screen, no buttons work. On 3.30 POPS, it still boots me out with:

The game could not be started.
(80000004)

Now, Armored Core kicks me out to the XMB on 3.30 with the same error.

UPDATE 3: All of that was tested on 6.60 ME, I launched PRO C2 and the game boots on 3.30.
UPDATE 4: Wow, it works on 3.30 with PRO CFW! (Street mode and VERSUS CPU) I'm going to test it a bit more before I wave victory flags.
UPDATE 5: I exited the game and launched it again, and it still works fine. I am assuming it is perfect now. I'll come back if there are any issues. Also, is there a way to play multiplayer? My brother and I love this game but he lost the disc at a friend's ._. which is why I wanted it on PSP (to play). If it isn't possible to play multiplayer, then I'll just figure out how to get it working on Wii. I already searched the multiplayer topic, but lots of old threads came up. If anyone can tell me how to play multiplayer or if it is possible, I'd be grateful. Relevant information: Both PSPs are 2001, Pro C2 6.60.

Also just wanted to say that I couldn't beat street mode with Deathscythe because of Neue Ziel >_<
Devices
...That's it.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

There is a way of playing PS1 via adhoc but it doesn't exactly work very well and definitely wont work on 6.60, IRShell has an option for it if you want to look it up but I advise against it.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Ethan Weegee

Post by Ethan Weegee »

fate6 wrote:There is a way of playing PS1 via adhoc but it doesn't exactly work very well and definitely wont work on 6.60, IRShell has an option for it if you want to look it up but I advise against it.
That's too bad. Guess I'm setting it up on my Wii again. But it probably won't work there. >_<
Anyway, thanks for the help! It works (near) perfectly! (Near meaning the game froze once) I beat street mode now, and have all my... I just noticed Big Zam is missing ._.
Devices
...That's it.

Return to “ISO/PSX Games Loading”