Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[BETA][RELEASE] ScanLine v0.1

Plugins for PSPs running on 6.XX
Omega2058
Developer

[BETA][RELEASE] ScanLine v0.1

Post by Omega2058 »

This is a simple tool to create a scanline effect for PSP games and homebrew. I'd recommend trying this on an 'actual' PSP first instead of a Vita eCFW since it's in beta stages.

I made this per the request of this thread: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45810

I completed this simple POC in under 2 hours with some modifications after googling for information since I had free time before bed. It has a 'shaky' effect from the scan-lines being drawn too (not really intended, but oh well).

Tested on 6.60 PRO-C (PSPGo).

Disclaimer:
Be warned that I'm not a graphics person and I did the best I could and it definitely needs improvement. Chances are that some games might run really slow. Or the scan-lines may/may not be produced in certain situations (I haven't tested it that much).

There's no button functionality yet for toggling.

How to use
---------------
place 'ScanLine.prx' in your plugins folder and enable it in your game.txt file.

Source: https://github.com/BernardJacobs/ScanLine
Binary: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v1inxz9abyzvt ... e.zip?dl=0
Advertising
Joel16

Re: [BETA][RELEASE] ScanLine v0.1

Post by Joel16 »

Nice to see that you're still working on the PSP :)
Advertising
"Forever in darkness, a guardian devil."
Omega2058
Developer

Post by Omega2058 »

sauske_firekid wrote:Nice to see that you're still working on the PSP :)
It was simple so why not, even though it's horribly broken and inaccurate. I'll still be around for a while though.
braders1986

Post by braders1986 »

Awesome! :o

Really appreciate you taking the time to create this. To be honest, when I created the original thread I didn't think it was going to happen.

Being pretty rough at the moment doesn't matter. You proved it's possible to do, so I look forward to a more polished version ( if you get the time to work on ) in the future.

Thanks again ;)
Omega2058
Developer

Post by Omega2058 »

braders1986 wrote:Awesome! :o

Really appreciate you taking the time to create this. To be honest, when I created the original thread I didn't think it was going to happen.

Being pretty rough at the moment doesn't matter. You proved it's possible to do, so I look forward to a more polished version ( if you get the time to work on ) in the future.

Thanks again ;)
For sure mate and updates will be made, but it will be slow as I transition to my new job. The main thing to do is add a toggle using the 'Note' button, fix the slowness issue in games (I already know why), then finally make it compatible with emulators as well without breaking everything. (:
Casavult

Post by Casavult »

Sounds good! I'll be given this a try! I'd love to play some PSP rpgs with that NES look. 8-)
• PS4Pro 2TB OFW • PS3 3k 1TB OFW • PS3 Slim 2k 500GB 4.84.2 DEX Rebug • PS3 Slim 2k 250GB 4.84.2 CEX Rebug •
• PSV 1k 32GB 3.60 HENkaku • 3x PSP 2k (TA-085v1) 128GB 6.60 ME-2.3 • PSP 2k (TA-085v2) 32GB 6.60 ME-2.3 •
GBOT
Developer

Post by GBOT »

Nice job ;)
Github
Twitter

Can't give enough crepes
Mithrot

Post by Mithrot »

EDIT: I decided to bite the bullet, installed PSPSDK and built the plugin from the author's github. I've uploaded it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/s7ljpdra4 ... anLine.prx

Unfortunately, I gotta be honest: this plugin sucks ***. I admit it's possible I could have scr..ed something up on my end, but the screen is just glitchy and broken instead of producing proper scanlines. Re-reading the thread, I realized that the author admitted this was a rough work-in-progress, but I guess it was abandoned 2 years ago. I was hoping to use this plugin to make PS1 games look better, but instead I feel a deep sense of disappointment.

Regardless I don't the plugin deserves to be lost to the internet, so I've uploaded in case anyone is curious. Cheers. :D

---

ORIGINAL:
Hello everyone. This is a shot in the dark, but I found this plugin especially cool to use even in 2018, but the link is dead. Would someone who somehow has the plugin be kind enough to reupload? Thanks in advance. :)

Return to “Plugins”