Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

DS3Remapper 0.3

Plugins for PSPs running on 6.XX
RandQalan

Re: DS3Remapper 0.3

Post by RandQalan »

Do not forget to fix those JP games like FF-0 :lol:

BTW Thanks new one works good on games so far :D
Advertising
suloku

Post by suloku »

RandQalan wrote:Do not forget to fix those JP games like FF-0 :lol:
That's why I want to enable DS3 in macrofire, because I think it would be easier, aside from the fact that I have no clue on how to fix those games.

By the way, try to test your remaps in games you know are working or a button testing app, testing in locoroco drove me crazy until I realized it had a strange behavior with DS3remapper.
Advertising
reprep

Post by reprep »

suloku wrote:That's why I want to enable DS3 in macrofire, because I think it would be easier, aside from the fact that I have no clue on how to fix those games.
I can use DS3 and remap its buttons in macrofire 3.0.11 on my psp go. Of course not the additional buttons and right analog sticks.
suloku

Post by suloku »

I've been looking at macrofire's 3.0.11 source code and it does seem to patch all user level pad functions, while DS3remapper patches a more low level function that these user level functions call. That low level function has access to DS3 buttons, while the others don't.

Modifying macrofire in that way is too difficult for me, as it changes the whole basis of the plugin, but I've thought of another way that I think might work, and is actually easier: use macrofire and DS3remapper.

The idea is the following, DS3remapper gets reduced to a simple plugin with just one function: return the DS3 pad status, whitout actually modifying any data, that way there shouldn't be any interferences with macrofire. Macrofire would just call that function from ds3remapper plugin and get access to the DS3 button status. Since macrofire can know those values, it just has to map them accordingly.

I've been talking about all DS3 buttons, but actually what we are really interested is only the right analog stick (and probably L3 and R3, but since those buttons are recognized by the psp, just not used by any game, it should be very easy to add those to macrofire. Problem would be L1/R1, since the psp makes it as if L1 and L2 (or R1 and R2) are pressed in GAME mode (psx mode works differently).

Does someone know an example of how to make a prx library and how to use it? I know custom home makes use of prx common libraries (https://code.google.com/p/prx-common-li ... loads/list) and those are open source, but a simple example would be better since I don't have a clue of how that works.
AmyGrrl

Post by AmyGrrl »

I've been trying to use DS3Remapper v0.3 with my PSPGo. So far I love it. Only tried it with one game so far. Resistance - Retribution. It works great, but I've been having a small issue with it. I remapped the Triggers R2/L2. Then when I press them in game sometimes it will also activate the R1/L1 buttons. For example I have R1 mapped to LEFT for ammo reload. R2 is mapped to R1 for shooting. So when I'm firing a weapon using R2 sometimes it will do an ammo reload by itself. Is this a glitch with the plugin or did I setup the ini incorrectly? Running CFW 6.61 PRO-C2.

L1 = L1
L2 = L2
L3 = DOWN
R1 = LEFT
R2 = R1
R3 = UP

That's what I have setup for the R/L buttons so far.
Last edited by AmyGrrl on Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reprep

Post by reprep »

viewtopic.php?p=361086#p361086 same behaviour. only version i didn't get this error is the TN's first version. it lacks the .ini file and you have to hardcode the remaps into the source file. it also disables the psp's buttons, only ds3 works.
AmyGrrl

Post by AmyGrrl »

Thanks! I figured it was the program that was the problem. I guess I will just have to wait for an update to the plugin to fix the problem. Kinda sucks. But for now I just won't use the R2/L2 buttons. I just love that I can play PSP FPS with dual thumb sticks. I avoided FPS on the PSP because of the controls. Can't wait to go back and play them now.
reprep

Post by reprep »

AmyGrrl wrote:Thanks! I figured it was the program that was the problem. I guess I will just have to wait for an update to the plugin to fix the problem. Kinda sucks. But for now I just won't use the R2/L2 buttons. I just love that I can play PSP FPS with dual thumb sticks. I avoided FPS on the PSP because of the controls. Can't wait to go back and play them now.
did you remap your right analog to anything or just shoulder buttons? i might compile a version of plugin spesific to that game and without error.
AmyGrrl

Post by AmyGrrl »

That was all I tried as I wanted to use the Triggers instead for Main/Alternate Fire. This was the setup I wanted using the Alternate Control option in game. Gives a more precise AIM/Turn. Then I enable the invert look option in the game setup since its easy to turn on/off that way. Everything works great except for R1/L1 getting pressed when pressing R2/L2.

TCCS2RA = true (Maps Triangle, Circle, Cross & Square To Right Analog Stick)
SwAPAN = true (Swaps Thumb Sticks)
L1 = RIGHT (Weapon Select)
L2 = L1 (Alternate Fire)
L3 = DOWN (Interact)
R1 = LEFT (Reload)
R2 = R1 (Main Fire)
R3 = UP (Manual AIM/Zoom)
Attachments
pic_0001.jpg
pic_0001.jpg (51.24 KiB) Viewed 5362 times
reprep

Post by reprep »

thanks, give me some time please. i will inform you.
EDIT: Can anyone test this please? it is only for Resistance Retribution and for the configuration above. Only enable it in GAME.TXT. it will disable internal PSP buttons, only DS3 enabled. It doesn't look for any .ini files. remapping is hardcoded. Please check if the issue remains. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6I815 ... sp=sharing

Return to “Plugins”