Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

joysense tutorial

Plugins for PSPs running on 6.XX
>forces<

joysense tutorial

Post by >forces< »

hi

There have been a lot of tutorials around now, explaining how to install Joysens. However, there is still some kind of mistery about how to actually set it up, so it solves your personal issues with the PSP’s analog nub.

Attention: When editing joysens.ini from Windows, make sure you use a text editor that is capable of reading UNIX style line endings (LF only). WordPad for example is capable, Notepad however isn’t.

ok let's start with the tutorial

download

[spoiler]put this in your browser bar https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D6098609_8 ... nload=true[/spoiler]

1. The cursor/character moves up/down/left/right without me touching the analog

This is the common problem, that people have after they unwillingly dropped their psp, changed their faceplate, etc. However, Joysens is perfectly fit for fixing such an issue with a few simple steps.

First, you need to examine exactly, whether your cursor just moves into one single direction (even diagonally) all the time, or jumps around in random directions.

If it moves in one single direction, the solution is to recenter the analog stick. There are two ways to get this done, one is semi-automatic, the other is manually.
For the semi-automatic method, you have to follow these steps:
[spoiler]Move the analog stick around a little in random directions, then let it rest (don’t touch it)
Press NOTE+SQUARE
Repeat from step 1 a few times
Press NOTE+CIRCLE to save the settings[/spoiler]
For the manual method, follow these steps:

[spoiler]Press NOTE+TRIANGLE so the info output shows on the screens top-left corner
Closely watch the first lines first coordinate pair (enclosed in <> brackets)
Try to read out the maximal and minimal values reached, when the analog stick is not touched
Calculate the average [(max+min)/2] for both coordinate axes
Open joysens.ini in SEPLUGINS folder
In the [SETTINGS] section, set the center value to your averaged coordinate pair (e.g. <-12,10>)
Save joysens.ini and restart your PSP
Now, go check your analog stick if it still moves in the one single direction, or if it starts to go into random directions equally. If it does, go on with the next steps, else repeat the semi-automatic centering method or the manual method.[/spoiler]

If your cursor moves into random directions equally, the solution is to ‘clean out the deadzone’ by setting the adjust parameter. By default, the adjust value is set to 3.0, which is a pretty good value for the average errors that the psp analog nub produces. Since yours doesn’t want to sit still when untouched yet, you have to increase this parameter step by step, until the random movement starts to disappear. You can increase/decrease the adjust value in 0.1 steps by pressing NOTE+UP and NOTE+DOWN. To check the current value, press NOTE+TRIANGLE to show the information text in the top-left corner of the screen. When you found a good value, press NOTE+CIRCLE to save the settings. Note: The adjust value is only saved for the current context, e.g. the current game running or the VSH (the PSP OS interface). To save the setting globally, you have to set the value in the joysens.ini file in the [SETTINGS] section.
To check your analog stick, press NOTE+TRIANGLE and watch the second coordinate pair in the first line, while not touching your analog stick. If everything went right, it should stay at <0, 0> all the time.

2. The cursor/character doesn’t want to move up/down/left/right, no matter how much I push the analog nub

This is the second most issue one can get, possibly also after fixing the first issue. This is due to the analog stick not ’scaling’ correctly, i.e. it returns very small values, even when pushed to the extremes.

This problem again can be solved by an semi-automatic and a manual method.
For the semi-automatic method, follow these steps:

[spoiler]Press NOTE+SCREEN
Move the analog stick around in circles, as you normally would in a game without too much pressure
Press NOTE+SCREEN
Press NOTE+CIRCLE to save the settings[/spoiler]

For the manual method, follow these steps:

[spoiler]Press NOTE+TRIANGLE to show the info output
Move the anlog stick around in circles slowly, watching the first coordinate pair in the first line
Find the minimal and maximal values in each coordinate axis
Open joysens.ini in SEPLUGINS directory
In the [SETTINGS] section, set the min and max parameters to the values you retrieved (e.g. min = <-114, -128>, max = <127, 109>)
Save joysens.ini and restart your PSP[/spoiler]

Now check your analog sticks behaviour if it fits and repeat the steps above if not. You can also check the correct behaviour by pressing NOTE+TRIANGLE and checking the second coordinate pair in the first line. If everything is set correctly, it should give minimal values of <-128, -128> and maximal values of <127, 127> when pushing the analog stick to the extremes.

thanks to
-gdljjrod for spanish version of the last update

i get it all from this web page

http://www.fx-world.org/wordpress/?page_id=65
Advertising
Spintires Mod Maker find thread at oovee forums
read
metro 2033 ✓
2034 ✓
2035 soon
Casavult

Re: joysense tutorial

Post by Casavult »

Nice tutorial. Even though I don't use this plugin, I'm sure this will be helpful for others.
Advertising
• PS4Pro 2TB OFW • PS3 3k 1TB OFW • PS3 Slim 2k 500GB 4.84.2 DEX Rebug • PS3 Slim 2k 250GB 4.84.2 CEX Rebug •
• PSV 1k 32GB 3.60 HENkaku • 3x PSP 2k (TA-085v1) 128GB 6.60 ME-2.3 • PSP 2k (TA-085v2) 32GB 6.60 ME-2.3 •
>forces<

Post by >forces< »

thanks

i find this tutorial in the web because theres no tutorial on youtube
Spintires Mod Maker find thread at oovee forums
read
metro 2033 ✓
2034 ✓
2035 soon
b2p1mp

Post by b2p1mp »

I am trying out this plugin, the PSP game Ghost in the Shell uses the psp's face buttons for aiming. I play FPS games on the PSP with inverted aim. In this game, there is no option to invert the aiming. I am wondering if Joysens for 6.XX can swap the function of CROSS button and TRIANGLE button.

I think I need to add a few lines to this part of the .ini config:

Code: Select all

[ULUS-10020]
remapmodes = 0,1,2,3,4,5,6
smooth = 100
adjust = 3.0
sensitivity = 100
enable = 0
remap = 0
Anyone know how? This is an old plugin and I spent a good half hour looking on google...
Twenty Minutes Into the Future
naki-the-curious

Post by naki-the-curious »

b2p1mp wrote:I am trying out this plugin, the PSP game Ghost in the Shell uses the psp's face buttons for aiming. I play FPS games on the PSP with inverted aim. In this game, there is no option to invert the aiming. I am wondering if Joysens for 6.XX can swap the function of CROSS button and TRIANGLE button.

I think I need to add a few lines to this part of the .ini config:

Anyone know how? This is an old plugin and I spent a good half hour looking on google...
macrofire might be a better plugin for that
my stuff
  • PSP 3000 White (03g) - Dual Boot (6.60 Pro-C2 and LME 1.8)
  • PSP 2000 Simpsons Ed. - 6.60 ME 1.8
  • PS Vita Cosmic Red - FW3.01
  • Sony Vaio E-Series Laptop White
  • Samsung Galaxy S4 International (Rooted)
b2p1mp

Post by b2p1mp »

MacroFire worked to switch X and Triangle for Crash Tag Team Racing. For some reason though, with the same setup, macrofire will not work right on Ghost in The Shell. The menu will not appear in this game for some reason. Thanks for the idea to use Macrofire. Ghost in the Shell is a very old psp game and maybe macrofire just will not work on all games.
Twenty Minutes Into the Future
wombat

Post by wombat »

New link to file
[spoiler]http://pspslimhacks.com/download/431/[/spoiler]
updating my PSP at moment, joystick keeps pushing right, hope this fixes it...

Return to “Plugins”