Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Program To Edit CTFs?

Post and discuss Custom Themes here
MadZiontist

Program To Edit CTFs?

Post by MadZiontist »

I used to edit CTFs/PTFs. But I don't remember the name of the programs used as it's been awhile. What I'm looking to do is edit a CTF that I modded back in the day. I want to edit an XMB category name. What Windows program would I use to do this?

Edit:

I figured it out. Use RCO Editor (bundled with CTFTool) to edit Text Data of the topmenu_plugin.rco file.
Advertising
PSP Star Wars 2001 TA-085v1 32GB 6.60 ME-2.3
PSV 1001 3G 64GB 3.60 HENkaku Enso
PSTV 64GB
delini

Re: Program To Edit CTFs?

Post by delini »

RCO Editor is free? Is there a tutorial to lean it.
Advertising
MadZiontist

Post by MadZiontist »

delini wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:09 pm RCO Editor is free? Is there a tutorial to lean it.
It seems like info and tutorials have become scarce. I was fortunately able to recall what I needed to do, after spending time over the course of a month looking online. Thankfully the lightbulb went off! But I've forgotten as much as I ever knew about editing CTFs. Aside from searching online, you can ask for help in places like here and on Reddit, but it seems as though most of the people that could help with these things aren't in the scene anymore. :cry:

Anyways, yes RCO Editor is free. It can be found bundled with CTFtool for one thing. There's an english version in the "bin" folder. Here's CTFtool v5 Beta 3, which includes a fix offering 6.61 support:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/mdou31guly2vhcl/

Edit: The creator of RCO Editor is ZiNgA BuRgA. If you can hunt him down on some forum, maybe he can help you out. Good luck!
Last edited by MadZiontist on Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSP Star Wars 2001 TA-085v1 32GB 6.60 ME-2.3
PSV 1001 3G 64GB 3.60 HENkaku Enso
PSTV 64GB
fainabuff

Post by fainabuff »

delini wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:09 pm RCO Editor is free? Is there a tutorial to lean it.
I want to know.

Return to “Themes”