Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Anyone still building themes?

Post and discuss Custom Themes here
WololoScroob

Anyone still building themes?

Post by WololoScroob »

Hello, trying to revive my old psp 2000.

I just finished upgrading to 6.60 pro - C, noticing small annoyances, like the 1/2 of a second that it shows default waves before my cxmb theme kicks in.

If someone has the time, may I ask for a custom made no waves file for 6.60? The ones I have (from 5.00) don't seem to cut it.

I manually replaced the ones in my flash 0 and it seems like the psp is somehow ignoring them? It boots up just fine and still has that 1/2 of a second where it flashes default waves at me before my cxmb theme loads in.

Also, not so much a priority since I was able to find a relatively similar theme to my old "Simple Design" from the 5.00 days, but how complicated/time consuming would it be to convert a 5.00 theme to 6.60?

A similar topic/request, how complicated/time consuming is it to convert something from cxmb to a flash 0 theme?

I had this question in reddit before so I thought I would add this as a bit of clarification to what I am asking.

---reply to a not included question---

In the days of the 5.00 M-x series of custom firmware, the on screen wave files were contained in the flash0 of the psp unit, I remember people in the past used to hex edit certain I don't remember the file structure anymore, but anyway, there is a folder in the flash0 that contains all the files for things like the umd loading gameboot, or the sounds that is played when cold/hard booting a psp from a dead battery or something, etc etc.

One of those files controls the style and even whether or not waves are even displayed on the screen of the psp, I have some that work for 5.00, but that is so dated as **** I can't even play some of my psn downloads on it anymore.

If someone can edit the same file relevant to 6.60 for me, I would be IMMENSELY appreciative as I already have everything else sorted out in regards to using themes on my psp.

Cheers and Thank You for whatever replies I get in advance.

WololoScroob
Advertising
WololoScroob

Re: Anyone still building themes?

Post by WololoScroob »

No one?
Advertising

Return to “Themes”