Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

AnyLanguageStudy v3.0 U2 (Unofficial update)

Submit your entry for the competition here.
check http://wololo.net/genesis for detailed rules
ASKidwai

Re: AnyLanguageStudy v0.6 (by Nakano)

Post by ASKidwai »

nakano wrote: You're welcome. There are vocabulary lists with romaji support too so those would be beginner friendly. I recommend to start with kana (for Japanese ABC) and vocab_jlptN5 (for common words). In addition, set range to 10 so that it will only ask 10 words at a time. However, if you want to learn Japanese grammar, I suggest buying Japanese for Busy People I Revised 3rd Edition (kana version; use my app to learn the kana first.).
Thanks. But I think that the Kana version should be or easier to understand. it is kinda overwhelming for me. Like the symbol for 'me' and in the sentence, it used 'heart' as an example. If possible, make it load a sound for how the word is pronounced.
nakano wrote: As for interpreter, I'm using Zack's LuaPlayer Euphoria V8. It's good, but I would hope a better support for Japanese Osk and Japanese string storing.
Right. I find LPE good as well.
Advertising
toBsucht
VIP

Post by toBsucht »

Thank you for rt in the first post :oops: . Maybe psp user better have to know that it´s shrinked with EasyPBPRX_1.0.0.3.
Advertising
the-green

Post by the-green »

Excellent work nakano..good job... ;) it's really usefull for me..
nakano

Post by nakano »

ASKidwai wrote:Thanks. But I think that the Kana version should be or easier to understand. it is kinda overwhelming for me. Like the symbol for 'me' and in the sentence, it used 'heart' as an example. If possible, make it load a sound for how the word is pronounced.
Yes, sometimes it gives an example sentence, which doesn't quite fit to what is asked. This is due to Lua's weak support for UTF-8 string comparison. If application cannot match with a Japanese string, it uses the English string instead. Hmm... I can still add a support for audio sentences. I did consider doing this, but thought that no one wants to create audio files. I can do a few example audio files, nevertheless.
the-green wrote:Excellent work nakano..good job... ;) it's really usefull for me..
Nice to hear that; keeps me better interested in updating.
Genesis 2011 projects:
* AnyLanguageStudy
* Company (Card Game)
Grabiel

Post by Grabiel »

Nakano:

Thanks for this great software, i been looking for some thing like this for years, specificaly, looking for a chinese kind of software, so i created a few lists based on my chinese language course.

Sadly i found not all the characters can be displayed maybe if you check for your self you will see what I meant.

Have a nice day!
Attachments
chinese.zip
(25.64 KiB) Downloaded 269 times
nakano

Post by nakano »

Grabiel wrote:Nakano:

Thanks for this great software, i been looking for some thing like this for years, specificaly, looking for a chinese kind of software, so i created a few lists based on my chinese language course.

Sadly i found not all the characters can be displayed maybe if you check for your self you will see what I meant.

Have a nice day!
Thank you very much for registering and reporting the issue! I actually was planning to release a new update tomorrow, but I am going to delay it because I want to solve this issue properly. However, as for now, here is a quick fix to solve your issue. Open index.lua with Notepad++ and add the middle two lines to the font list.

-- FONTS
ifont = IntraFont.load("flash0:/font/jpn0.pgf", IntraFont.STRING_UTF8);
chn = IntraFont.load("flash0:/font/gb3s1518.bwfon", IntraFont.STRING_UTF8);
IntraFont.setAltFont( ifont, chn );
ifontLtn = IntraFont.load("flash0:/font/ltn0.pgf", IntraFont.STRING_UTF8);

May I add your Chinese word lists to the next release (cantonese or mandarin?)?
Genesis 2011 projects:
* AnyLanguageStudy
* Company (Card Game)
nakano

Re: AnyLanguageStudy v0.7 (by Nakano)

Post by nakano »

Delay has been cancelled and here is the 7th release. New improvements are the following:
* Added a support for audio files with sentences. (kana word list includes 200+ audio files).
* Improved support of non-Japanese word lists.
* Added four Chinese Mandarin word lists.

DOWNLOAD LINKS: signed and non-signed.
Genesis 2011 projects:
* AnyLanguageStudy
* Company (Card Game)
Grabiel

Post by Grabiel »

Nakano:
If you want to include the lists , please be my guest, it will be an honour.
By the way, all the list I made are simplified mandarin chinese or putonhua (oficial language), the pinyin is in this format "sui3" (water) the number after the silabe is the accent, an other way of marking acccents is "shuǐ ", as I use a regular keyboard in spanish I find very dificult to put the second case of accents, but I can do it, do a PSP can show the second case of accents?

I will try the latest release, thanks for your hard work.

Gabriel
nakano

Post by nakano »

Grabiel wrote:Nakano:
If you want to include the lists , please be my guest, it will be an honour.
By the way, all the list I made are simplified mandarin chinese or putonhua (oficial language), the pinyin is in this format "sui3" (water) the number after the silabe is the accent, an other way of marking acccents is "shuǐ ", as I use a regular keyboard in spanish I find very dificult to put the second case of accents, but I can do it, do a PSP can show the second case of accents?

I will try the latest release, thanks for your hard work.

Gabriel
Thank you! Well, I would have liked to include them to this release, but maybe to the next. I think for the next release I will also add HSK level (Basic)Elementary-Advanced word lists for both simplified/traditional Chinese.

Thank's for clarifying. I don't remember seeing number format when I studied Chinese (only a little, though). About your question answer is yes, but it's not pretty. You can see the result with the included word lists. The second case accent is taken from Chinese font and what is left is from ltn0 font (Chinese font doesn't support these "normal" characters so ltn0 must be used. Ltn0 could be used for showing these second case accent characters, but then Chinese characters don't show up, unfortunately.). Due to this, I prefer that number format.
Genesis 2011 projects:
* AnyLanguageStudy
* Company (Card Game)
nakano

Re: AnyLanguageStudy v0.8 (by Nakano)

Post by nakano »

Hello everyone! It's been almost 3 months since I started developing this application. I hope you all have enjoyed the releases as this is probably the final for Genesis. There are still a few features I would like to implement but due to the Lua language in general and current version of Euphoria, it's not possible. Nevertheless, I think AnyLanguageStudy has evolved quite nicely and now homebrew community has an app that not-quite-similar existed before. Thank you all for your comments and feedback; much appreciated!

Download for signed: link
Download for unsigned: link

Changelog for V0.8:
* New Chinese vocabulary lists based on HSK profiency tests and others.
* A possibility to group word lists.
* Remembers the last word list.
* Some code rewrite.
* Fixed a freezing bug caused by a bug in Euphoria V8.
* Now search doesn't only search definition but also translation.

Video
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
Genesis 2011 projects:
* AnyLanguageStudy
* Company (Card Game)

Return to “Submissions”