Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

AnyLanguageStudy v3.0 U2 (Unofficial update)

Submit your entry for the competition here.
check http://wololo.net/genesis for detailed rules
Kassad

Re: AnyLanguageStudy v0.8 (by Nakano)

Post by Kassad »

Thanks for this new version! :D

I still following the development of this hombrew, it is very very useful (i learn a lot of kanas with it ;) )
Advertising
d01v

Post by d01v »

i hope korean language soon be made, im checking always the update of this app this was really helps for my little boy thanks
Advertising
nakano

Post by nakano »

Thank you both!

Korean? I looked quickly, but I didn't find any extensive word lists for KLPT or TOPIK (If you know where to find these, it would be nice.). But I think I can parse/add a few other useful lists for Korean language before the deadline. I don't study Korean self, though.

Next week I have exams and after that one school project must be finished. This means the release might be near the deadline of Genesis. Look forward to it! Next release would also include a better international support for Asian students who want to study Korean-Chinese, for example. Another feature that I would like to do is add a custom Japanese OSK. I think it's the only way to search hiragana/katakana strings. I tried to modify LuaPlayer Euphoria source code (which worked), but then noticed that it returns non-UTF8 characters. Let's see if a custom OSK can do any better (until yesterday I thought that searching hiragana/katakana with custom OSK couldn't be done with Lua; I hope to be wrong.).
Genesis 2011 projects:
* AnyLanguageStudy
* Company (Card Game)
flofrucht

Post by flofrucht »

Thanks for the quick release, gonna test it on my Go :)
twitter.com/flofrucht
PSPDev and scener
d01v

Post by d01v »

nakano wrote:Thank you both!

Korean? I looked quickly, but I didn't find any extensive word lists for KLPT or TOPIK (If you know where to find these, it would be nice.). But I think I can parse/add a few other useful lists for Korean language before the deadline. I don't study Korean self, though.

Next week I have exams and after that one school project must be finished. This means the release might be near the deadline of Genesis. Look forward to it! Next release would also include a better international support for Asian students who want to study Korean-Chinese, for example. Another feature that I would like to do is add a custom Japanese OSK. I think it's the only way to search hiragana/katakana strings. I tried to modify LuaPlayer Euphoria source code (which worked), but then noticed that it returns non-UTF8 characters. Let's see if a custom OSK can do any better (until yesterday I thought that searching hiragana/katakana with custom OSK couldn't be done with Lua; I hope to be wrong.).

your idea was great. this was a nice educational app. btw just a noob question. just starting to learn this. is this a good example of KLPT? http://www.klpt.org/english/b-klpt/bklpt.pdf
nakano

Post by nakano »

flofrucht wrote:Thanks for the quick release, gonna test it on my Go :)
Thanks Flofrucht! Someone said it works with Go and another one it doesn't. I am not sure which is the verdict, though.
d01v wrote: your idea was great. this was a nice educational app. btw just a noob question. just starting to learn this. is this a good example of KLPT? http://www.klpt.org/english/b-klpt/bklpt.pdf
It would be very difficult to compile a word or grammar list from that because it has no English text and I can't read Korean. This would be a good list but it's rather short. It's also missing roman letters so I am not sure how beginner friendly it is, but I think I can find something for both beginners and advanced students. The easiest way to edit a word list is if it's in Excel format.
Genesis 2011 projects:
* AnyLanguageStudy
* Company (Card Game)
d01v

Post by d01v »

It would be very difficult to compile a word or grammar list from that because it has no English text and I can't read Korean. This would be a good list but it's rather short. It's also missing roman letters so I am not sure how beginner friendly it is, but I think I can find something for both beginners and advanced students. The easiest way to edit a word list is if it's in Excel format.
i gonna look for more with eng - kr text. now that i have a little idea about klpt im going to study this first. if i have a question i will post it here. its my pleasure to help you. :D good luck to this project.
Kassad

Post by Kassad »

nakano wrote:
Thanks Flofrucht! Someone said it works with Go and another one it doesn't. I am not sure which is the verdict, though.
It works, signed and unsigned version. I have a go and I test every release for see if it works or not, and advise to nakano if i found any bug.

Juhmm, talking about bugs.. i think that yesterday found some. Sometimes i don't know if something is realy a bug because i don't realy know japanese :? , but other times i found thinks like...
I'm with kana and it ask for "く" (ku) (for example, i don't realy remember in what kanas fail) and when it show me an example where it uses other kanas but not "ku", it does it 2 or 3 times.

I'm thinking that I should take notes of the things that I consider bug, for post it here and solve the problems (if it are realy bugs, i didn't know japanese at all, i'm studing it ;) (and your homebrew helps a lot))

EDIT FOR ASK SOMETHING:
You use any voice synthesizer like loquendo for the voice examples? I want to do more of it for improve the homebrew and i need know where you get that voice for avoid diferences between my loquendo voice and your voice. :D
nakano

Post by nakano »

Kassad wrote:
nakano wrote:
It works, signed and unsigned version. I have a go and I test every release for see if it works or not, and advise to nakano if i found any bug.
Thanks for confirming!
Kassad wrote: Juhmm, talking about bugs.. i think that yesterday found some. Sometimes i don't know if something is realy a bug because i don't realy know japanese :? , but other times i found thinks like...
I'm with kana and it ask for "く" (ku) (for example, i don't realy remember in what kanas fail) and when it show me an example where it uses other kanas but not "ku", it does it 2 or 3 times.
I agree. It's a little confusing. It's not really a bug. Sometimes Lua just cannot compare Japanese words (or find the specific word) so it will try to compare English words. When this happens く may bring any English word that has "ku". But I think this "bug" was with other kana. For example, katakana 'va' will always result a word that has no 'va'. This is mainly because there isn't any Japanese example word with 'va'. I have recently learned new things about Lua and I now think I have managed to make the comparision more accurate. I hope to deliver the new version before next week.
Kassad wrote: (if it are realy bugs, i didn't know japanese at all, i'm studing it ;) (and your homebrew helps a lot))
I am glad the homebrew is useful. I also use it for learning new kanjis/vocabulary.
Kassad wrote:
EDIT FOR ASK SOMETHING:
You use any voice synthesizer like loquendo for the voice examples? I want to do more of it for improve the homebrew and i need know where you get that voice for avoid diferences between my loquendo voice and your voice. :D
Yes, it's not me speaking. I used Japanese voice Kyoko. It's a good voice for single words.
Genesis 2011 projects:
* AnyLanguageStudy
* Company (Card Game)
Kassad

Post by Kassad »

Ok, thank you for response.
I have found somethings that i think that is bug:
  • -> Katakana diphthongs on: Kana-> show hiragana - mode 1 and 2
    Also, after the bug explainde before, when right key pressed it shows the example in hiragana (wich it doesn't have so much sense put an example in hiragana if it is asking me a katakana diphthong).

-> In kana -> show hiragana - mode 2 (I don't know if bug on the other modes): When ask for "je" and show the example, "je" character isn't used in the example. (the example is ippon (いっぽん)(one long object)
    (I understand now why it made this bug with your explaination in the post before.)

-> Sometimes, when the example is showed on the screen, the advise of "Press CROSS to continue" is "flikering" (it blinks very fast)
I will post more strange things that i could find and i can think that it can be a bug.

Return to “Submissions”