Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

To Genesis contestants and Sponsors: judging will begin soon

The biggest PSP Homebrew competition ever.
More info at http://wololo.net/genesis
wololo
Site Admin

To Genesis contestants and Sponsors: judging will begin soon

Post by wololo »

Hi to all.
The Genesis competition deadline was last week's Sunday, the 29th.
We have now a complete list of accepted entries that you can find here: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3030

If your homebrew is not in this list but you believe it should be, please contact me or npt ASAP.

I downloaded all updated submissions, and we are now in the process of pre-reviewing the entries. It basically means that npt, myself, and the other judges are reviewing your latest entries (as they were around the 30th), and making sure they are still following the contest rules. If they don't, we will do our best to contact you and solve the issue.
This process will take a few days, and once we're done, we will start judging "for real", as well as sending this big archive of homebrews to the sponsors (so that they can judge if they have special prizes). The archive will also be made available here for the "/talk audience vote" (one of the prizes included in the contest).

Some questions/remarks I got

Is it fine to keep updating my homebrew even if the deadline was on the 29th?
Yes. The entry we will judge is the one we downloaded already. You can update your homebrew, but the version that will be judged is the one that we already downloaded a few days ago.

Some contestants have updated their homebrew past the deadline, and this is the version you are judging, it's unfair to people who restrained from updating
We downloaded all final entries between the 30th and June 1st. Yes, some people updated their homebrew after the deadline and before we downloaded them. Think of it as pupils who don't put their pencils down in a test when the teacher asks to. They get 2 extra minutes out of a 2 hours exam, it's not gonna make a difference. Here it's the same, 2 extra days in a 4 months contest is not gonna help much.

When will we get the results?
There are several prizes, so the results might not come all at the same time. Keep in mind that there are more than 100 entries, so judging will take a few weeks, I'll do my best to give updates as often as possible

Why didn't you write about my homebrew on your blog?
I've tried to write an article about each entry, but things got out of hands in the last week, where we got more than half of the entries! I am currently busy reviewing all entries and unfortunately don't have time to write about all of them in the blog going forward.
Advertising
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
irfanhb7

Re: To Genesis contestants and Sponsors: judging will begin

Post by irfanhb7 »

How many judges will be there ?
Hope that the best one win(no I am not suspecting ur judging)
Advertising
Languages I know : C , C++ & Java
Boy : There is something wrong with my phone.
Girl : What ?
Boy: It don't have your Phone Number.
nakano

Re: To Genesis contestants and Sponsors: judging will begin

Post by nakano »

irfanhb7 wrote:How many judges will be there ?
There are four main judges.
Genesis Judges and Prizes wrote:the Official judges for the competition are Wololo, Davee, Hellcat, and Lampworker, who have all been involved in the PSP scene for several years. These judges will determine the best entries together, and award the following prizes to the winners:
Genesis 2011 projects:
* AnyLanguageStudy
* Company (Card Game)

Return to “PSP Genesis Competition 2011”