Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Genesis homebrew language suggestion

The biggest PSP Homebrew competition ever.
More info at http://wololo.net/genesis
Benjamin999

Genesis homebrew language suggestion

Post by Benjamin999 »

Maybe a little late but I find it very annoying that so many homebrews are submitted in a language other than English (French, German etc.). You can not understand what it is about and what to do. It is very boring and you have no idea what's going on. Perhaps a new rule for the next competition?
You can also include multiple translations in a homebrew and ask people on the forum for making translations ... (I've recently written a Dutch translation for Xplora 2.0)

Sorry but I had to say this...
Advertising
Genesis compo entries: iDrum && Platorm Portable
PSP 1000 5.00 m33-6 && PSP 2000 5.50 GEN-D3 && PSP Go 6.35 PRO-B3 with broken screen...
Halvhjearne

Re: Genesis homebrew language suggestion

Post by Halvhjearne »

Benjamin999 wrote:Maybe a little late but I find it very annoying that so many homebrews are submitted in a language other than English (French, German etc.). You can not understand what it is about and what to do. It is very boring and you have no idea what's going on. Perhaps a new rule for the next competition?
You can also include multiple translations in a homebrew and ask people on the forum for making translations ... (I've recently written a Dutch translation for Xplora 2.0)

Sorry but I had to say this...
... you do realize that it is a coders contest, and not about the spoken language, right?

this means that this isnt to please anyones need of homebrew or language, but rather about the code, witch is same language for all, if you can understand it ...
Advertising
Dr. Evil wrote:I used to use Windows, but it was designed by freakin' idiots.
Now i use linux allowing me to conrol the "lasers" on my "death star" with ease.
I'm Dr. Evil, and I'm aspiring to take over the world.
ultimakillz
Retired Mod

Post by ultimakillz »

the rules do not require a submission to be in english, plus many of the sponsors are non-english sites. i see no reason why non-english submissions are not acceptable. just because YOU dont understand them doesn't mean they should be able to compete, imo.
Halvhjearne

Post by Halvhjearne »

^^ exactly my point ...
Now i use linux allowing me to conrol the "lasers" on my "death star" with ease.
Benjamin999

Post by Benjamin999 »

Okay, maybe I'm a bit wrong. But you can not deny that it is annoying that you do not understand a homebrew.
EDIT: I do not want to offend someone for his language.
Genesis compo entries: iDrum && Platorm Portable
PSP 1000 5.00 m33-6 && PSP 2000 5.50 GEN-D3 && PSP Go 6.35 PRO-B3 with broken screen...
Halvhjearne

Post by Halvhjearne »

Halvhjearne wrote: ... you do realize that it is a coders contest, and not about the spoken language, right?
waratte

Post by waratte »

Halvhjearne wrote:
Halvhjearne wrote: ... you do realize that it is a coders contest, and not about the spoken language, right?
:lol:

@OP
If it bothers you that much, just ask would the developer translate the text.
apolloscow

Post by apolloscow »

If anyone should be complaining it should by not English speakers because most entry's are in English.

Return to “PSP Genesis Competition 2011”