Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[W.I.P]UsbServer

The biggest PSP Homebrew competition ever.
More info at http://wololo.net/genesis

Do you like this project idea?

Yes, But i think i don't need it
19%
Yes, I find it really useful
72%
No, But it always good to have it just incase
5%
No, It a wast of time
3%

Total votes: 94

thecobra
HBL Collaborator

[W.I.P]UsbServer

Post by thecobra »

Hi all,
I decided to try and join this season Competition. I decided to work on the project that a lot wish for(including my self) but has not been made. That is using your PSP as your PC wifi adapter and connecting to the internet on your PSP with your PC internet Connection. All of this due by USB Connection and so far i have the one of using your PSP as the internet base for PC about 75% complete.
Well i just posting here to see if anyone has any recommendation of a open source Sock v5 Proxy server written in java. i want to use java since we can use it on linux and on windows with no problem.

Also here how i am working on the project:
  • Make The PSP Communicated with the PC SERVER(Done)
  • Make the PSP Parse the Command Sended by the PC Server(Done)
  • Make the Server Parse the intrusion of the clients(50% I need to add some feathure and bug fix some bugs)
  • Create a better gui for the psp(Soon to be work on)
  • Create a better gui for PC Server(This will be last)
  • Add ability to get internet on the psp using the pc connection(This also be last since it a bit harder then the other way around)
So if you have any suggestion then let me know. i try to consider it and implement it in a future version of the program.

P.S. Sorry if this Message does not make sense, i almost half asleep writing this.

I Am hoping to have this done (Atleast the first release) by the end of this week. I am on my spring break so i would have some spare time at work to do it. :)

Edit: Here are some image of the GUI for it( it not meant to be to beautiful since you would only see it for a few minute at most.)
Main Menu

PSP to PC internet Connection:LOl, i just got informed of the typewrite error in the system by MoD. I fix that before a release. Thanks MoD
Advertising
Last edited by thecobra on Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cheap & Fast VPS Server from DigitalOcean
PSVita 3.xx eCFW <Thank to wololo Community>
PSVita 1.67 vHBL Dead :(
PSP FAT 6.60 - CFW pro
Flameaim
Banned

Re: [W.I.P]UsbServer

Post by Flameaim »

this is for u can make ur psp a pc server by connecting a usb to pc?
Advertising
leojava

Post by leojava »

I didn't understand: this is a plugin to let you surf the internet from the PSP trough the USB cable using the PC Internet Connection?
If so, I'll love your entry!! :mrgreen: :D
thecobra
HBL Collaborator

Post by thecobra »

Flameaim wrote:this is for u can make ur psp a pc server by connecting a usb to pc?
It a Yes and No answer. Your PSP will run in Usb Server Mode( if you select the option to turn your PSP into a usb wifi modem) which the PC will connect to and redirect all the internet traffic send by the PC thru the PSP wifi using the USB as a mean to communicated with each other. So basically this option will turn your PSP as a PC Wifi Adapter.
leojava wrote:I didn't understand: this is a plugin to let you surf the internet from the PSP trough the USB cable using the PC Internet Connection?
If so, I'll love your entry!! :mrgreen: :D
The Second Option of the program is basically what you said. It will run a background plugin that will patch all the network function(the one needed to go online) and will redirect all the internet traffic from the PSP to the PC Server. It basically turn your PC as a Internet gateway for the PSP. This all done by USB

P.S i hope this make it clearer for People, if you any question just let me know.
PSP FAT 6.60 - CFW pro
leojava

Post by leojava »

Ok! I understood the second option of the program;
But now I have a question on the first :mrgreen: , cause i had understood that it has only the second feature;
The first option is that, if I have a wifi router on my desktop, I can use the PSP with your plugin instead of a usbkey on my notebook?
thanx :)
Mexicouger

Post by Mexicouger »

This is a bit off-topic suggestion, but can you add the option to enable the PSP wlan automatically? My WLAN is broken, and I am very limited with that problem
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod

Post by Disturbed0ne »

Mexicouger wrote:This is a bit off-topic suggestion, but can you add the option to enable the PSP wlan automatically? My WLAN is broken, and I am very limited with that problem
If your switch is broken there you won't be able to turn it on and off with a plugin. It has to be manually turned on or off.
DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT THE NAME OF ANY NINJA RELEASE GAME! I WILL NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME AND IF YOU PERSIST THEN I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE STAFF!
I AM A RETIRED MODERATOR!
EvilClown007

Post by EvilClown007 »

Good idea!
PSP 3004: 6.31 HBL -> 6.35 PRO -> 6.2O TN-C -> 6.20 TN-D -> 6.20 PRO-B4
>>>http://psphomebrew.webs.com/<<<
tehrzky

Post by tehrzky »

good idea... if this thing will happen... so many possibilities you can do with this plugin... not only on surfing also you can play mulitplayer through usb with dedicated server.. (just like xlink but new and upgraded plugin) ...

isnt sending too much data in and out through usb can cause overheating?
thecobra
HBL Collaborator

Post by thecobra »

leojava wrote:Ok! I understood the second option of the program;
But now I have a question on the first :mrgreen: , cause i had understood that it has only the second feature;
The first option is that, if I have a wifi router on my desktop, I can use the PSP with your plugin instead of a usbkey on my notebook?
thanx :)
Yeah, that basically is what the first option is for.
Disturbed0ne wrote:
Mexicouger wrote:This is a bit off-topic suggestion, but can you add the option to enable the PSP wlan automatically? My WLAN is broken, and I am very limited with that problem
If your switch is broken there you won't be able to turn it on and off with a plugin. It has to be manually turned on or off.
I look into that later on but keep on mind that it would not be on my top priority but if possible i try to integrated it.(i probably would just have to patch some functions in the wlan department :) )
tehrzky wrote:good idea... if this thing will happen... so many possibilities you can do with this plugin... not only on surfing also you can play mulitplayer through usb with dedicated server.. (just like xlink but new and upgraded plugin) ...

isnt sending too much data in and out through usb can cause overheating?
So far i haven't had any issue with my usb overheating. i mean wifi usb key pass data by the usb and i never heard of them getting overheated in a normal room. I think the only think that maybe get a bit overheat if stayed on for to long is the PSP wifi card. beside that, there no big problems
PSP FAT 6.60 - CFW pro

Return to “PSP Genesis Competition 2011”