Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Perfect dumping of PSP discs with video partitions? (Hi from Redump!)

All the Help you need is here
dizzzy

Perfect dumping of PSP discs with video partitions? (Hi from Redump!)

Post by dizzzy »

Hi guys, I'm dumping discs for redump.org preservation project. We preserved PERFECT dumps of discs for our dat.

We use PSP Filer as a rule for all our PSP dumps because the app dumps all game UMDs perfectly.

However there are a few oddities which we are unable to dump perfectly with PSP Filer because they have video partitions.

Take for example Stealth / WipeOut demo UMD disc:

Dumping this will only result in the demo being dumped - not the perfect, full UMD disc. We are aware of the dumping method with UMD Killer to get the video part as well, but then we're left with two ISOs, one for each part of the disc - and therefore - not a perfect, single iso dump (further discussion here).

I would like to get in touch with the PSP Filer dev hoping he can implement perfect dumping for discs like Stealth/Wipeout for the sake of perfect preservation, who should I reach out to? Thanks in advance :)
Advertising
Butcher

Re: Perfect dumping of PSP discs with video partitions? (Hi from Redump!)

Post by Butcher »

The Demo of this gamne is for ages on NET sites many. The film Also . So what point of dumping? . Also is for ages Homebrew one the best that rip any UMD from UMD in PSP to ISO on Card and all dumps work 100% .
Advertising
dizzzy

Post by dizzzy »

Thank you for your reply. Redump is for perfect preservations, not imperfect scene hacks. I don't mean to be demeaning, but this seems like the easiest explanation.
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

I dumped many of my orginal games many years ago on PSP to ISO to play faster on CFW PSP then have UMD and games by Homebrew UMD ripper was all games work . I have only 2 Video UMD in my orginal collection and tested how will look and work also years ago to ISO and 100% completed dump and worked in ISO. (But never in my all PSP carrer not watched any movie on PSP xd)
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

I don't mean to be "that guy" but isn't hosting this content illegal?
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
dizzzy

Post by dizzzy »

Redump.org does not host roms, it only hosts checksums as a database. So for example, you can know if you backed up your own disc correctly or identify software revisions as well. It's a great tool for collecting.
simonizer

Post by simonizer »

I don't really see the point in doing this.

It's not like UMD has been a successful video format since it was only available for PSP. And since the film is available on Blu-ray Disc (in much better quality), you can always convert it for mobile devices and watch it on PSP/PS Vita/smartphones etc.

Can't you just connect a PSP via USB and rip the ISO with a PC? Good luck getting in contact with the developer of PSP Filer, because the last version was released almost 9 years ago.
dizzzy

Post by dizzzy »

I want to be perfectly clear that I don't care about watching the film. I only care about doing a perfect dump of the disc image for preservation.

If anyone knows the developer and can put me in touch that would be great. "Just buy the Blu-Ray bro" or "download scene release, it's good enough!" is not helpful towards my goal.. I tried to make this clear, so I'm reiterating again.
simonizer

Post by simonizer »

Well, if you want to contact him, his donations page is still online: http://www.geocities.jp/mediumgauge/
His mail adress is right there. But you should already know that, since the link is in the changelog of PSP Filer.
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

Tray normla that best PSP hombrew to rip or use buil in CFW modern option work perfect to rip any UMD to ISO on PC or Card etc

Return to “Tutorials”