Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

How to install RemoteJoy with CFW 6.xx

All the Help you need is here
Cruskator

How to install RemoteJoy with CFW 6.xx

Post by Cruskator »

How to install RemoteJoy with CFW 6.xx And play PSP on your PC monitor!

Step one: For Windows 7 ONLY
Open your start menu, Type CMD into the search box, Right click on the program and click "Run as administrator"
Then type in the following line exactly as follows.
Code:
bcdedit /set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
After this it should say "The operation completed successfully"
Then reboot.
This will disable driver signing permanently and allow you to install the proper drivers for remotejoy on windows 7.

Step two:
Download this.
http://psp.dashhacks.com/2011/05/31/...firmware-6-39/
then extract it somewhere on your PC where it is easy to access

Step three:
Put your PSP into USB mode and connect it to your computer.
Then create a folder in your PSP`s main directory named seplugins
Inside of the seplugins folder. Create a .txt file named GAME and another named VSH

Open both text files you have just created with notepad and copy / paste in this.
Code:
ms0:/seplugins/RemoteJoyLite.prx
after createing these two text files, Copy the file RemoteJoyLite.prx to the seplugins folder on your PSP.

The file paths should look like the following:
Code:
PSP: seplugins/RemoteJoyLite.prx
PSP: seplugins/GAME.txt
PSP: seplugins/VSH.txt
Step Four:
Disconnect your PSP from the USB
Press the select button while in the XMB to open your CFW`s menu, Pick "Recovery Mode"
Inside of recovery mode, choose "Plugins" or "install plugins"
You will see two of them, One for video out in the XMB (VSH) and one for video out while playing PSP games (GAME), Enable them both.

Now, Power your PSP down completely after enabling both plugins.

Then download this:
http://psp.dashhacks.com/file/1345
And extract it.

Step Five:
Inside of the file you just download, Navigate your way to.
Custom_Firmware_Extender_2.2/Windows/

And open the folder usb_driver if you have a 32 bit windows, usb_driver64 if you have a 64bit windows. but dont do anything yet~

Now. The big moment, Plug in your PSP via the USB and power it on (For those on light firmwares, just load your fastrecovery)

Your computer should go "NEW HARDWARE FOUND PSP TYPE B" Even when not in USB mode. Now, It will try to update drivers, If it cannot find them on your computer, then navigate your pc to the folder Custom_Firmware_Extender_2.2/Windows/ and directly to the drivers for your operating system.

After the driver is successfully installed. Go to your RemoteJoy Lite folder, And open RemoteJoyLite_en.exe

And Boom! Everything is all setup and you are now playing PSP on your monitor!
If it does not work, Unplug and plug in your USB cord (on rare occasions this is required)

Notes:
~Some custom firmwares require you to hold R when powering it on to access the recovery menu.
~Some games are Not compatible with RemoteJoy and will freeze! Please post what ones do not work for a compatibility list.
~You can connect a dualshock 3 to your computer using MotionJoy and use it to play PSP through RemoteJoy
~Program needs to have a patcher for ISO`s / CSO`s to make them compatible! (Impossible)

Tested Games:

CFW 6.39 Pro B6
Works:
Final Fantasy The Complete Collection
Half-Minute hero
Hatune Miku Project Diva 2

Crashes:
BlazBlue Continuum Shift II <- Crashes at title
Need for speed Undercover <- Crashes at race
Final Fantasy Crisis Core <- Crashes at end of first battle
Advertising
uruwashii

Re: How to install RemoteJoy with CFW 6.xx

Post by uruwashii »

Thanks for the guide. I'm actually hoping to do some streaming of old PSP games, but unfortunately I'm on Windows 10. I got the auto driver to come up but nothing happens when I open the exe file... just waiting. Always waiting... forever and ever.

Any ideas for Windows 10? Has it been done yet?

Edit
Got it working. Driver definitely wasn't installed. Went into advanced startup on the win10 recovery and disabled the forced driver signing, restarted, and reinstalled the Type B driver.

All the menus work, but as soon as I start a game the feed drops and all I get is a white PSP logo.
Advertising
xaldino

Re: How to install RemoteJoy with CFW 6.xx

Post by xaldino »

uruwashii wrote:Thanks for the guide. I'm actually hoping to do some streaming of old PSP games, but unfortunately I'm on Windows 10. I got the auto driver to come up but nothing happens when I open the exe file... just waiting. Always waiting... forever and ever.

Any ideas for Windows 10? Has it been done yet?

Edit
Got it working. Driver definitely wasn't installed. Went into advanced startup on the win10 recovery and disabled the forced driver signing, restarted, and reinstalled the Type B driver.

All the menus work, but as soon as I start a game the feed drops and all I get is a white PSP logo.
When I had the white screen issue I solved it doing the process from scratch. :D

Return to “Tutorials”