Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Just bought a psp and its already hacked.....

All the Help you need is here
alexagius

Just bought a psp and its already hacked.....

Post by alexagius »

Hey guys and gals, new guy here. I recently (aka today) just picked up a cheap psp to hack to play games (gba and s/nes games were my main priority). So i got a 2000 with the hopes of permanently modding it (as the motherboard was one you could permanently mod) and i found it already has 6.20 PRO-B8 installed (hence the low price?), it it worth upgrading to a newer version or is it more hassle than it's worth?
Advertising
smithsf0x

Re: Just bought a psp and its already hacked.....

Post by smithsf0x »

Well the permapatch is nice but you could also start the CFW Launcher via LightSpeed and it took like 3 seconds more. But I would stay on 6.20 PRO-B8 with permapatch or change to 6.20 LME 1.9 with permapatch. But updating is not worth it as you still can't log into PS-Store with your PSP even on 6.61. So stay on your current firmware (never change a running system ;D ) and enjoy CXMB right after the start. : )
Advertising
PSPcfwDUDE

Post by PSPcfwDUDE »

No need to update from 6.20 PRO-B8 - it works well and the usual tasks are done flawlessly (ISO loading, homebrew loading, plugin support etc).
The store is not available anyway (even if you update to 6.61), so there's no need to update from your current CFW.

Make sure to perma-patch it too.
alexagius

Post by alexagius »

Yes it was already perma and i've found no issue installing stuff onto it. I don't think i'll bother to upgrade, thanks.

Return to “Tutorials”