Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Need help utilizing CPS1, CPS2 and NeoGeo roms in Retroarch library

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
skullmonkey

Need help utilizing CPS1, CPS2 and NeoGeo roms in Retroarch library

Post by skullmonkey »

I managed to scan my SNES, NES and SEGA folders. Game scrapper finds the games and put them with nice icon at the top, BUT I have been struggling with MAME/ARCADE roms. I simply cannot understand why from 150 zip files it only recognise 2-3 and they are separated in different categories. Can someone point me on how this exactly works? The file is fine, it can be played if its loaded directly from Load Content but the scraper simply dont add it to library.

Any help will be appreciated.

tnx,
S@
Advertising
milko

Re: Need help utilizing CPS1, CPS2 and NeoGeo roms in Retroarch library

Post by milko »

All that really matters is that you have the proper database downloaded (which should just come with the program) and that your romset matches what RetroArch is looking for.

How the scanning works are that RetroArch takes your file and runs it through a hash function. That means that if a single bit or byte in your ROM is different from what RetroArch is expecting, the hash will end up being different. So a single difference in the ROM header will throw it off. Even though the ROM might be clearly Super Mario Bros, if there is a single difference between your ROM and the ROM in the database, RetroArch can’t identify the ROM.

RetroArch looks for CPS1 ROMs [link removed by mod] from the No-Intro romset. If that’s not the romset you have, the scanning probably isn’t going to work for most of your games.
Advertising
Last edited by NNNRT on Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed link to piracy site
dividew

Re: Need help utilizing CPS1, CPS2 and NeoGeo roms in Retroarch library

Post by dividew »

Except for the RetroArch Emulator and the library provided from the same emulator can I use the same library for another Emulator, for example, if I install another emulator (Mednafen,higan) and use the Retroarch library.

Return to “General”