Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

RIP PSVITA SCENE

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
jms209

Re: RIP PSVITA SCENE

Post by jms209 »

STLcardsWS wrote:Far from the VITA scene being over, ..

FFS (what is this two threads, when we have seen over 50 homebrew releases in a few weeks)..

Piracy *** who cared about that, Vita never had any good games anyhow, so why you have people excited to steal **** is beyond me. The homebrew and the hacks is what is going to carry the vita scene and the forecast is very healthy.
I find it very funny that people say vita has no games they like to justify it.
Now with the games being free, now they want to play them.
I wonder how fast people who pirate the games, but have no interest in the vita will get bored and move on.

Even when the psp was hacked, I had played most of the games I wanted to.
All that was left were the ones I wasn't sure about.
Advertising
konit_oo

Re: RIP PSVITA SCENE

Post by konit_oo »

xErwin wrote:you are wrong, even if they continue their work nothing would change (piracy is already here, homebrew also) nothing new can be accomplished
No, my friend. I don't know whether you were tracking down the PSP scene some years ago, all the processes there as well as all the new stuff which erupted back then like a volcano after some famous to this forum people enabled piracy on PSP. To obtain a relatively complete idea of what the consequences for the psp were you can just visit some sites which still have in their databases all the HBs and plugins, CFWs, HENs and all that cool stuff. I have one such website in mind but in order not to make it seen as an adv i'd rather keep it for a PM if you want (xx.xx.net was the format). Maybe 500, 800 hbs were written for psp and though Sony had sth against this the console was really thriving. Many people were talking about psp, all around the world and were developing, having fun together. I was still a kid back then but you don't know what a partially big role this played in my life coz I decided to study software engineering in the uni, though I won't probably ever go deep into the hacking stuff.
PS Vita was left behind by Sony, that's the truth guys and it didn't gain the attention the console deserved, to be honest. Vita was neglected after the first year, just take a look at how the FIFA game series progressed with the time. I'll briefly remind you:
1. Fifa Football (a hybrid between fifa 11 and fifa 12, has online support)
2. Fifa 13 (was better then fifa football)
3. Fifa 14 ( they totally cut a cut in the number of teams supported)
4. Fifa 15 a.k.a. Legacy Edition - no multiplayer
5. Fifa 16 - no such fifa
Mortal combat? After a few months they shut down the online servers'. COD, Resistance...
Meanwhile the hardware set up of the Vita is solid, it is capable of wonders, really but that's a potential which's never been unleashed. Vita didn't gain its popularity, was forgotten by it's own creators and it all is sth sad, ofc because of the Money, because Sony made a million mistakes (changed the name, changed the TM XMB, and ofc the GAME SUPPORT) as well. Even I began visiting wololo less. And some days ago we were all stuned by what happened to the scene, it seemed like the story repeats and the Vita will shine as it had to just like the PSP did. For instance, in the last years of the psp there were attempts to enable 3D gaming on it, WORKING attempts, the plugin was optimised 3-4 times and was getting better and better but the hardware wasn't as tough as needed to handle it. Now the vita can be tried to do that, and surely it'll do the job, I'm convinced, whether with psp, psx games or the native vita ones, it can pull that. There was CSPSP I can't say but pbly 10 000 people + were playing it, it had more than 12 mods, i had them all listed the whole collection in a site in my country.
The sad thing comes with the popularity of vita, of the small amount of users, which exponentially reduces in number of people capable of hacking and developing sth to the scene. Thus that's why people like the developers who consider quitting the scene are so valuable for the scene and it's awful that we're on the verge of goodbyeING them. I'm sceptic that without them vita'll thrive, that soon we'll receive more then 2-3 releases and I think that without them somehow the atmosphere won't be the same.
Do you know why I respect these people so much? I do it because they don't do what they do here for money (though they deserve it), they don't do it for fame but the leading bit is that they do it for the people, for you, for me and in the name of curiosity, for the challenge or at least that's how they'll remain in our sub-history.
Betrayers and drama aren't sth new but it gets awful sometimes as is the case with the last week but we as a community shall overcome this somehow.
I wrote that not so much to answer you xErwin but to answer you and show my support to all the people who have been working on the Vita scene. To remind them they're awesome and that we're awesome but ofc it's always up to them what choice they'll make, a fundamental human right, right. :) :) :)
P.S. Sorry for the posts above, I was editing and didn't realised that I'm making new posts, sorry. I've reported all of them except this one.
Advertising
Last edited by fate6 on Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Actually reported posts for merge? I love you....

Return to “General”