Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

What's the best FW for cfw/homebrew

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
vicicarus

What's the best FW for cfw/homebrew

Post by vicicarus »

Thank you in advance for any and all help provided,

With some much that has come out for the PS Vita scene, what is the best FW to have for home brew and cool stuff? I currently am on 2.02 office FW and have been using the "UNO" Exploit. I have just been running old school emulators and have installed some of my PS1 games. I know that some times being on a lower FW is best, I am looking for input on what others are doing/using with their PS Vita(s)?
Advertising
Beatnukem

Re: What's the best FW for cfw/homebrew

Post by Beatnukem »

3.18 is considered the "golden" FW as it allows for the biggest set of exploits:
- PSP Kernel Exploit (TN-V, ARK, VHBL etc.)
- Email Writer
- TN-X/PSOne Loader for native PSOne emulation
- Custom Bubbles
- Rejuvenate (although only 333MHz)
- PKG Installer
- And some more stuffs

3.36 seems to be the next 'best' FW which has the advantage of 444Mhz Rejuvenate but the big downside of no native PS One Emu.

Although it seems there is a new exploit coming up soon(tm) that will allow PSOne emu via Bubbles on even higher FW than 3.18. If this actually gets released 3.36 might take the lead.

Hope it helps

http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuid ... A_318.html
http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuid ... A_336.html
Advertising
mindglitch

Post by mindglitch »

Beatnukem wrote:3.36 seems to be the next 'best' FW which has the advantage of 444Mhz Rejuvenate
is 3.36 the only fw to use 444Mhz?
-always use the search function before asking and if you receive help from anyone, say thanks and remember to pay it forward.
[spoiler]#387843 by dgjg0622
Tue May 12, 2015 12:01 pm

Me too,i can't install it, i am not back up, i can't update,I want dead[/spoiler]
Beatnukem

Post by Beatnukem »

mindglitch wrote:is 3.36 the only fw to use 444Mhz?
3.36 - 3.51 will all support 444MHz.

Background: Rejuvenate requires UnityPSM dev app to run. There are several versions of that app, but only UnityPSM 1.06 allows for 444MHz mode. 1.06 requires minimum Vita FW 3.36. so thats that. 3.52 patched rejuvenate.
vicicarus

Post by vicicarus »

Beatnukem wrote:
mindglitch wrote:is 3.36 the only fw to use 444Mhz?
3.36 - 3.51 will all support 444MHz.

Background: Rejuvenate requires UnityPSM dev app to run. There are several versions of that app, but only UnityPSM 1.06 allows for 444MHz mode. 1.06 requires minimum Vita FW 3.36. so thats that. 3.52 patched rejuvenate.

Thank you for the reply,

I remember that I read that I needed some kind of PSN account to run the "Rejuvenate" but that service was discontinued/closed by Sony. I guess my question should be if the tools to upgrade to a "better" FW are still available?
Beatnukem

Post by Beatnukem »

vicicarus wrote:I remember that I read that I needed some kind of PSN account to run the "Rejuvenate" but that service was discontinued/closed by Sony.
There are two PSM apps (the app you need to run rejuvenate) on the Vita:
1. One for PSM developer. This requires an account which is now impossible as you already stated. Plus the PSM app is not DRM free, so no way to install it on an older FW.
2. One for Unity developer. Luckily the PSM app for Unity is DRM free.

So the good news is that you can just download the PSM for Unity App and install it using the PKG installer (which is still available in 3.18). No need for an account. You have to use a very annoying email trick every day tho to 'activate' the app tho (the main reason I don't really use Rejuvenate).
vicicarus wrote:I guess my question should be if the tools to upgrade to a "better" FW are still available?
As for this second question, you can always upgrade your Vita to a higher FW (not necessarly the latest FW). You just need to 'emulate' your own update server instead of going to the official vita update server:
viewtopic.php?t=23013

Return to “General”