Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSM doesn't work with the PSTV folks

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
atreyu187

PSM doesn't work with the PSTV folks

Post by atreyu187 »

So finally got around to trying to run my new PSM account on my PSTV but alas it doesn't work it isn't on the PSTV whitelist. Got the SDK installed and transfered the 1.14 pkg from my CFW PS3 and went to run it only to be greeted with the infamous "This application isn't compatible with the PlayStation TV" which sucks as I got two extra systems. Good thing I didn't update past 3.20 so if this was your plan and don't have a Vita just stop now unless Mr. Gas releases his custom whitelist soon before the end of the month which I don't see happening. Oh well at least I still have eCFW. Just wish I could generate my key to use on a Vita once I get one but don't see that happening as my funds won't allow for it by the end if the month.
Advertising
Kankertje

Re: PSM doesn't work with the PSTV folks

Post by Kankertje »

1.15 patch makes it run on vtv I think

So yeah, 3.35 + only
Advertising
atreyu187

Post by atreyu187 »

Anyone got the PSM Suite 1.15 pkg? I would love to give it a try. Funny thing is the PSTV has it in the settings for PSM and even the update feature.
thatnoobpj

Post by thatnoobpj »

Is there a need to stay on 3.20, now that 3.36 has a WebKit exploit as well?

But yeah, I wish Mr. Gas would just release his whitelist trick... It's been a couple weeks since Major Tom's reveal video. There's not much time left to get PSM sorted out now.
ordi

Post by ordi »

atreyu187 wrote:So finally got around to trying to run my new PSM account on my PSTV but alas it doesn't work it isn't on the PSTV whitelist. Got the SDK installed and transfered the 1.14 pkg from my CFW PS3 and went to run it only to be greeted with the infamous "This application isn't compatible with the PlayStation TV" which sucks as I got two extra systems. Good thing I didn't update past 3.20 so if this was your plan and don't have a Vita just stop now unless Mr. Gas releases his custom whitelist soon before the end of the month which I don't see happening. Oh well at least I still have eCFW. Just wish I could generate my key to use on a Vita once I get one but don't see that happening as my funds won't allow for it by the end if the month.
Hm strange, I'm running the 1.14 dev assistant on my FW 3.20 Playstation TV without any problems. :?:
Unfortunately I couldn't get the PublishingUtility to recognize the Playstation TV, so in the end I installed the BallMaze demo on my 3.18 Vita and then put the memory card with the dev assistant and the demo in the PS TV. I think that's the only way to run the BallMaze demo on a PS TV.
atreyu187

Post by atreyu187 »

thatnoobpj wrote:Is there a need to stay on 3.20, now that 3.36 has a WebKit exploit as well?

But yeah, I wish Mr. Gas would just release his whitelist trick... It's been a couple weeks since Major Tom's reveal video. There's not much time left to get PSM sorted out now.

Yea my exploit game doesn't work on 3.36 nor does TN-X
cheeyee09

Post by cheeyee09 »

I can also run 1.14 PSM Dev app on my PSTV 3.20. Just like ordi, I couldn't deploy demo app from PC, so I first install it into the Vita3.18 and then transfer the MC to PSTV.

Update: I just notice that every time I do the transfer for the MC from Vita to PSTV. After the the db rebuild, I have to connect with wifi to reactivate PSM Dev app with Dev license. Also even on my Vita3.18, if the MC1 was swapped out for another MC2 and then swapped MC1 back, I will have to reactivate the PSM Dev app with Dev license.

Anyone, know when the Dev license verification server will be brought down? I hope the exploit won't become useless when server brought down.
samsara

Post by samsara »

The bad news is: they will take it down, that's why they said to activate your devices before the 10th september.

There are no need for activation of dev licenses when they are going to take down the entire PSM, apps and backends.
atreyu187

Post by atreyu187 »

cheeyee09 wrote:I can also run 1.14 PSM Dev app on my PSTV 3.20. Just like ordi, I couldn't deploy demo app from PC, so I first install it into the Vita3.18 and then transfer the MC to PSTV.

Update: I just notice that every time I do the transfer for the MC from Vita to PSTV. After the the db rebuild, I have to connect with wifi to reactivate PSM Dev app with Dev license. Also even on my Vita3.18, if the MC1 was swapped out for another MC2 and then swapped MC1 back, I will have to reactivate the PSM Dev app with Dev license.

Anyone, know when the Dev license verification server will be brought down? I hope the exploit won't become useless when server brought down.

Maybe my pkg is *** as I just tried reinstalling it in my PS3 to use OpenCMA on it and accidentally installed twice and it gave me an error. Anyone mind posting the link or PM me the link? I don't wanna lose TN-X as its a great PS1 emu and allows me and my kid to play some two player PS1 games while the PS3 is being hogged.

Return to “General”