Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Tutorial: PSM Setup to Run Demos

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
Avidity_X

Tutorial: PSM Setup to Run Demos

Post by Avidity_X »

Hello, for those who don't know how to generate your publisher key and run game demo's, please read carefully.

Assuming you have already been approved for a publisher license and you have PSM SDK 1.21.02 installed on your desktop/laptop successfully and the dev app installed on your vita!

Make Sure PS Vita is connected to PC via Usb

1. Open PSM Publishing Utility and click on "Key Management" You should see a little icon with a key and + icon at the top (click on it) it will now ask you for a key name (NAME IT ANYTHING YOU WANT) hit OK.

2.Enter Your Sony Entertainment ID email and Put in your Password (Make sure its the psn id you applied for psm with) then click "OK" It will now generate your key.

3.In PSM Publisher Utility under "Application ID List" click on the + icon and by app.xml (browse for the demo app.xml file) It will be located under C:/Users>Public>Public Documents>PSM>sample>demo>(Demo of your choice)>app.xml then hit "OK"

4.Assuming you still have the PS utility open (under device list it will show your vita connected) Below at the bottom click the "Export Device Seed" it will ask to generate seed "Click Ok and save it somewhere" once that is done click on the "gold key icon" with + on it and generate the key (put in your Sony ID and Pass) then hit "OK"

5.Now if you followed the steps Correctly you will have a seed and key next to your vita device under "Device List" In PSM Utility.Now you done with that part

6.Open Windows cmd (Command Prompt) and type this "setx MSBUILDENABLEALLPROPERTYFUNCTIONS 1"
after you have done that hit enter and it will say SUCCESS : Specified Value was saved

7.Now Open Psm Studio and click file then open, go to the demo and "double click" on the .sln file

8.At the top there will be a box that says "Playstation Mobile Simulator" click the box and choose "Playstation Vita ON" (make sure your vita is connected and psm dev app is open before doing this)

9.Now at the top Click "Run" and the game will Now install and launch on your Vita!

Hope This tutorial Helps!

Goodluck :)

Please follow me on twitter @Avidity_X
Thanks
Advertising
atreyu187

Re: Tutorial: PSM Setup to Run Demos

Post by atreyu187 »

Wonder if this can be done on the PSTV as well using the USB? If not need to sort that out. Got three accounts so I scooped up two more PSTV's for dirt cheap.
Advertising
S1NFUL

Post by S1NFUL »

Anyone know why I get this error message when I try to export the seed?

"Failed to generate Device Seed 032...seed.
(-2147418102), 0x8001000A
Timed out during connection."
Current tester of Qwikrazor87's creations & wizardry (3.51 & below)
Former tester of Total-Noob's creations & wizardry (3.01 & below)
Computer Science at Yale University, Class of 2019
Ralph1611

Post by Ralph1611 »

S1NFUL wrote:Anyone know why I get this error message when I try to export the seed?

hmm...

I think i had that when I first was trying it. Try shutting down the system and turning it on again..
taiyaki04
Location: investigating the Ethereal Horizon with the wielder of Jao Shingan

Post by taiyaki04 »

S1NFUL wrote:Anyone know why I get this error message when I try to export the seed?

just a guess but, no internet connection?
i tried running a demo without internet connect, it gave me an error and in the last part it says "timed out during connection". so i guess that is..
i hope K-on! will have a season 3. if that happens, i will cry my heart out with happiness
devices
PSP 2000 fully hackable - 6.60 me 1.6+pro-c
PSVita 3.01 3g/wifi
PSVita 1.81 wifi urbanix tn-c
S1NFUL

Post by S1NFUL »

Tried rebooting the Vita, same issue. And wifi has always been on so I don't think that's the problem. Any other suggestions? Should I run content manager in the background?
Current tester of Qwikrazor87's creations & wizardry (3.51 & below)
Former tester of Total-Noob's creations & wizardry (3.01 & below)
Computer Science at Yale University, Class of 2019
Tymek

Post by Tymek »

Thanks for the info!
I have applied for the Publisher License so I hope I get it soon

UPDATE: As of 04:58 this morning, I've been approved!
taiyaki04
Location: investigating the Ethereal Horizon with the wielder of Jao Shingan

Post by taiyaki04 »

S1NFUL wrote:Tried rebooting the Vita, same issue. And wifi has always been on so I don't think that's the problem. Any other suggestions? Should I run content manager in the background?
uhm, i think content manager is not needed, but try running it... also, try running dev assistant on vita while connected via usb...
i hope K-on! will have a season 3. if that happens, i will cry my heart out with happiness
devices
PSP 2000 fully hackable - 6.60 me 1.6+pro-c
PSVita 3.01 3g/wifi
PSVita 1.81 wifi urbanix tn-c

Return to “General”