Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PS Vita Crashing problem

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
lordbone

PS Vita Crashing problem

Post by lordbone »

About a year ago, I had a problem with my vita (viewtopic.php?f=23&t=35212), that unfortunately did not work out. Since FW 3.10 came out, the freezing behavior changed a bit, and now it's crashing and restarting itself. The video below shows what exactly happens EVERY TIME I put my vita into manual sleepmode (or let itself go into auto sleepmode). Since I have an error code and a log now, I decided to try asking again, if anybody knows a solution to this problem. Basically I cannot just "put down" the vita while playing a video game, since it restarts every time and closes the game, losing every progress I haven't saved. You can imagine this is not really acceptable in a hand-held device.

What I tried already:
- Restore factory settings
- Format/use a different memory card
- Rebuild database (before and after factory reset, and card formatting)
- Use the Vita in airplane mode (no connections)
- Disable every possible setting in the settings

I tried contacting Sony a few months ago, after the usual "have you tried turning it on and off" message, they said to bring it to a Sony Center or whatever it's called in your country. Since I don't have one near my city, and don't have money to make them repair it anyway (since the device is 3 years old and there is no warranty anymore), I want to keep that for last-last-last-last resort. Every help or idea is appreciated!

P.S: The crash only happens when it enters sleep mode, if I press the power button to turn off the screen, and turn it back on before the PS button goes black, it works just fine. Also There are 0 problems even if I play 8 straight hours on it, only when I enter sleep mode.
P.S2: I looked up the error code C2-14185-9, and they say it's a GPU crash problem? I don't know if that helps.

Advertising
Hutchy

Re: PS Vita Crashing problem

Post by Hutchy »

If it's a hardware problem there really isn't much you can do. Maybe update to 3.18? I don't think any real changes happened but who knows with a problem like this. Another thing you could do is wait for 3.30 which has been said to have actual changes.

Did you ever shut off your vita when updating or did it do anything weird while doing it?
Advertising
PSP-3000 lightspeed ME 1.8 && darkspeed pro-c2 6.60
PsVita 32gb 3.01 tn-v7.1
Toshiba satellite A10
One heck of a p4 desktop
If it aint broke, you're not trying.
lordbone

Post by lordbone »

As you can see from the error report, I'm already on 3.18 with no changes.
I always make extra care when updating firmwares to have enough battery life or plug them into power, and I don't remember it did anything on any updates that was unusual. I'm not sure if it's a hardware problem, since it's only doing this on sleep mode, and everything else functions properly. I forgot to mention that I used a few psp game exploits to use vhbl and tn, but since It's in the psp emu I doubt it could have an effect like this. But then again I'm no expert on the ways of consoles.
Melon Bread

Post by Melon Bread »

I forgot to mention that I used a few psp game exploits to use VHBL and tn, but since It's in the psp emu I doubt it could have an effect like this. But then again I'm no expert on the ways of consoles.
From my experience even if this was an issue the worst that would happen would be that you get kicked out from the PSP side
ruyor
Retired Mod

Post by ruyor »

It looks like a hardware issue to me. You said the error code is a GPU crash, so it probably crashes when put into low power mode if I had to guess. Not really anything you can do for that without sending it into Sony or replacing the motherboard.
PCH-1001 - 3.60 - VHBL+PBubbles+HENkaku
PCH-1001 - 3.60 - VHBL+PBubbles+HENkaku
VTE-1001 - 3.60 - VHBL+PBubbles+HENkaku
My PSPs
01g:TA-079v1
01g:TA-086
02g:TA-085v1
02g:TA-085v2
04g:TA-093
09g:TA-095
05g:TA-091
lordbone

Post by lordbone »

The reason I thought it is not a hardware problem, because one of the FW updates "half-fixed it". It just hanged before and drained the battery, now it crashes and restarts. But then again, what do I know. Anyways thanks everyone for the replies, I guess I'll just wait for the next FW update and hope it magically fixes the problem.

Return to “General”