Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Don't switch your memory cards

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
Daniel_Davies85

Don't switch your memory cards

Post by Daniel_Davies85 »

Hey all,

This is probably common knowledge for most but unfortunately wasn't for me so I thought I'd share.

I only have 1 Vita memory card which is in my exploited Fat Vita FW 2.61.

I wanted to download a game off PSN using my Slim FW 3.15 but unfortunately the internal memory wasn't big enough.

So, without too much thought I put the memory card out of my Fat into the Slim and merrily downloaded my game (Rainbow Moon btw).

Upon completion of the download I put the memory card back into the Fat, where it belongs, and low and behold; I now need to update my FW to be able to use the memory card.

So, I'm assuming that after that, my choices are to format the memory card with the Fat so that I can use it there but obviously I'd lose everything or leave it in the Slim and buy a new one for the Fat.

I've gone with the second option and have just shelled out £60 for a 64gb coming from Hong Kong, fingers crossed on that front.

Luckily I have TN and my exploit game all backed up on my Laptop so I'm assuming that once the new memory card gets here I can just transfer it all over and go back to normal.

So basically, long story short, don't switch memory cards unless you want to lose your exploit.

Dan.
Advertising
Buzzcut

Re: Don't switch your memory cards

Post by Buzzcut »

Thanks for the heads up. I hope I don't mess anything up when I get an exploit.
Advertising
skyhot004

Post by skyhot004 »

I stopped reading half way i knew what the out come is =_=

And i thought it's would be about switching memory card and get banned
...................Yeah i got nothing to say here
gangstafc

Post by gangstafc »

You shouldnt buy a cheap memory card from china as most of them are probably fakes, or tends to have less memory or has low tranfer speed than it should.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Computers- ... -p/2594416
Daniel_Davies85

gangstafc wrote:You shouldnt buy a cheap memory card from china as most of them are probably fakes, or tends to have less memory or has low tranfer speed than it should.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Computers- ... -p/2594416
I know all the horror stories but to be fair £60 isn't cheap, the same are listed in this country for £80.

It's listed as 100% genuine in original packaging so if its not ill get my money back anyway.

I don't suffer fools on eBay and have never lost a case where I've put it to the resolution centre for a refund so I'm not too worried,

Thanks though.

Dan.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

FYI: There are no fake Vita memory cards.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Kankertje

Post by Kankertje »

fate6 wrote:FYI: There are no fake Vita memory cards.
Wish there were :idea:

Seems like the guy above is yet to figure out that vita uses proprietary cards, not sd cards
Daniel_Davies85

Well that's good news! Is that because of the encryption which only Sony can reproduce (at the moment)?
Kankertje wrote:
Wish there were :idea:

Seems like the guy above is yet to figure out that vita uses proprietary cards, not sd cards
Which guy are you talking about? And why would you want there to be fake cards? How would anyone benefit from that?j

Cheaper, non Sony ones yeah, I can see that, but not fake ones.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Daniel_Davies85 wrote:Well that's good news! Is that because of the encryption which only Sony can reproduce (at the moment)?
The Vita memory cards are uniquely made just for the Vita, SCE did not make the same mistakes as with the PSP.
(The Vita is secured up the wassu 0_o)
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Daniel_Davies85

Well my 64gb turned up from Hong Kong today and it looks and seems genuine,

You only actually get 60gb but at £55 it's less than £1 per gb so I'm pretty pleased, In fact I'm considering buying a second for my Slim.

Return to “General”