Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

updating my vita issue

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
Dmon1Unlimited

updating my vita issue

Post by Dmon1Unlimited »

Hi, apologies if this thread is not appropriate.

Due to uni work, I haven't really been keeping up with the news, with my vita gathering dust. I am currently on the 3.01 king of pool game exploit (British account).

Here is my problem.
I (unfortunately) ended up where I have two accounts, one is my regular account, the other has the king of pool game and various ps1 games that I love. If memory serves, I usually had no problem switching back and forth between accounts (take card out/deactivate/reformat my vita/insert card/activate).

Right now, when I plug in my memory card (that has the exploit game), I try and activate my vita again (I need to do this in order to run the game), but it requires me to sign in to PSN. upon doing this, I then get a message that I need up update.

===================================================================================

So to summarize, I cannot run the game without activating my vita. I cannot activate my vita without signing into PSN. I cannot sign into PSN without updating
Am I doing something stupid or is my game now useless to me? :(

I like this exploit game just like my previous UNO :oops:
Advertising
Dante69

Re: updating my vita issue

Post by Dante69 »

You can activate it using a PS3 I heard without losing the exploit.Here's what you need to do is to have any game on the PS3 that can be sent to the Vita
now on PC you will need OpenCMA installed and working. After you have all of that then it will be simple but might take a few tries to get it to work. Connect the Vita to the PC with opencma running, then unplug the Vita but do not press ok on the Vita when it says the Vita is disconnected from the PC,instead connect the Vita with the PS3 and it should let you transfer things.

Then transfer any game that can be played on the PSVita and the PSVita should be activated with the same profile on the PS3.
Advertising
Last edited by Dante69 on Sun May 25, 2014 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dmon1Unlimited

Post by Dmon1Unlimited »

Dante69 wrote:You can activate it using a PS3 I heard without losing the exploit.

While I DO have a PS3, it is currently 130 miles away :lol:
Dante69

Post by Dante69 »

Dmon1Unlimited wrote:
Dante69 wrote:You can activate it using a PS3 I heard without losing the exploit.

While I DO have a PS3, it is currently 130 miles away :lol:
dang. lol If you get a hold of that then you will be back in business and keep your ecfw. Or you can buy another PS3, which I don't know if you want to do that since you have one already. :P
Dmon1Unlimited

Post by Dmon1Unlimited »

Dante69 wrote:You can activate it using a PS3 I heard without losing the exploit.Here's what you need to do is to have any game on the PS3 that can be sent to the Vita
now on PC you will need OpenCMA installed and working. After you have all of that then it will be simple but might take a few tries to get it to work. Connect the Vita to the PC with opencma running, then unplug the Vita but do not press ok on the Vita when it says the Vita is disconnected from the PC,instead connect the Vita with the PS3 and it should let you transfer things.

Then transfer any game that can be played on the PSVita and the PSVita should be activated with the same profile on the PS3.
Hi, finally got round to trying out your advice but I have an issue but I have an issue with the bold.

My vita is on 3.01, My Content manager is version 3.00.7187.47 , installed on windows7 64bit. I can't remember if I had OpenCMA so I downloaded it (R5) again, put all the files in to the content manager folder (program files x86->sony-> content manager assistant), ran the run.bat file as admin (content manager wasn't running), and then restarted my computer.

I opened content manager and plugged in my vita. I opened content manager on my vita but i get a message asking me to update my vita.

What did I do wrong?

==============================================

edit: so I put my vita in airplane mode and restarted it. This time, it doesn't ask to update. I can get to the screen asking which device to connect to. I tap on PC, and then USB cable, it then takes me to a screen that tells me i need to link my SEN account with my vita. I press okay and entered my log in details but I always get the same error: E-86367c90

I did this both when on airplane mode and when off airplane mode, I get the same error

====================================================

edit 2: okay so I fixed my problem :D

for reference. when I was on the sign in from above. Instead of signing in, I unplugged my vita (from the usb connected to the PC), and put that end into my ps3, from there i pressed okay on the screen of the vita (the one where it mentions being unplugged). and then my device 'database started updating'. A bit worried but, when my vita automatically restarted, my games from my memory card were now on my vita (a good thing), and my firmware was still 3.01 :D

Even though everything was resolved, for some reason I still carried on with your instructions (given I still wasn't signed into my PSN account). So after I did everything you mentioned, I STILL couldn't sign in, but it didn't matter, because I could start playing my games without needing to activate nor update.

I call that a result :D

Thanks for the post, and to the people who (despite not posting) still took the time to read this long post :p
ordi

Post by ordi »

Good to hear that it works, but why do you want to stay on FW 3.01 anyway?
Go! Sudoku and Tekken 2 (idk about Sports Superbike 2) should still be available in the UK store (they are at least in the German store), so check first if they are still available in your region and then update to 3.18 and use these exploit games. :)
Dmon1Unlimited

Post by Dmon1Unlimited »

ordi wrote:Good to hear that it works, but why do you want to stay on FW 3.01 anyway?
Go! Sudoku and Tekken 2 (idk about Sports Superbike 2) should still be available in the UK store (they are at least in the German store), so check first if they are still available in your region and then update to 3.18 and use these exploit games. :)
Main reason being, as a (very weird) student, I feel a lot more reluctant to buy games now even if they're a couple quid (all the small purchases add up) :p

Hopefully a free exploit game will exist one day :p

Fortunately, I seem to have £1.05 in my account. Is this the Tekken 2 you were talking about?
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork. ... N2XX000001

I suppose I wouldn't mind spending and extra 64 pence for it. Only issue is, is this a regular TnV exploit? On one of the Wololo articles, it's mentioned as a ps1 loader. What is the difference? http://www.zload.net/bilder/PSVita/VitaExploitChart.png
Daniel_Davies85

Post by Daniel_Davies85 »

Tekken 2 is just a PS1 loader, so only PS1 games.

TN-V can play PS1 games (sometimes with imperfect sound and various slight issues), and PSP ISO's.
ordi

Post by ordi »

Yes, Tekken 2 is a PS1 loader and it's only useful if you are interested in playing PS1 games. The emulation of PS1 games is almost perfect with the PS1 loader (CDDA audio is still missing at the moment for custom made eboots though) and therefore it's the better alternative compared to the TN-V PEOPS plugin (even though TN has done a fantastic job so far). To add PS1 games to the loader you need a ''normal'' exploit as well and therefore it's not an option to update to FW 3.18 without buying Go! Sudoku or any other 3.18 exploit game, but as the PS1 loader should also work on FW 3.01 it might be worth to buy the game for this low price anyway.
And btw Go! Sudoku isn't that expensive as well and talking about ''free exploit games'' you should read this article: http://wololo.net/2014/09/16/the-patapo ... a-anymore/ ;)

Return to “General”