Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Is this portable battey charger compatible with Vita..?

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
Miseryguts

Is this portable battey charger compatible with Vita..?

Post by Miseryguts »

http://www.amazon.co.uk/15000mAh-Portab ... ttery+Pack

I've looked at a few product descriptions & can't see a mention of the Vita, just thought I'd see if any of you guys here knew before I buy (got a money off voucher)

Thanks.
Advertising
Last edited by Miseryguts on Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nazar_ops

Re: Is this charger compatible with Vita..?

Post by nazar_ops »

No other charger than the PSVITA one is compatible with the VITA. Unless you're talking about the PSV 2000 which has an micro-usb port and lets you charge the VITA with a micro USB.
Advertising
PS VITA 1000-PCH WIFI Model
PS VITA 2000-PCH Lime Green & White WIFI Model

Check out my YT channel. I do PS VITA commentaries, unboxings and more =)

Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCippbNLSEHdlIGuxVAY8L2w
dboyz

Post by dboyz »

I suppose that charger can work on PS Vita, just use vita proprietary USB cable (the one connecting Vita & its adapter).
I've tried other types of battery pack with my Vita & they are indeed compatible :)
we forgive but we never forget
ZeroSkys

Post by ZeroSkys »

It wont work. I have a portable charger and it didnt work. But it does work if u use this
http://www.amazon.com/battery-adapter-c ... B007Y3L5RI
Not sure if u think its worth it
Add Meh
Miseryguts

Post by Miseryguts »

ZeroSkys wrote:It wont work. I have a portable charger and it didnt work. But it does work if u use this
http://www.amazon.com/battery-adapter-c ... B007Y3L5RI
Not sure if u think its worth it
Wish I'd have read your answer before ordering (dang Amazon's prompt delivery!) & thanks for the link, I certainly would have bought one of those adapters but unfortunately I live in the third world country that is the UK so I'm **** out of luck.
Ironic that the battery pack I bought (it's really great btw) charges all my mates different mobile devices & the 5 different bit's of mobile tech I own but NOT the thing I really bought it for.. the Vita! that will teach me (or to be more more accurate it probably won't)

C'est la vie!
dboyz

Re: Is this portable battey charger compatible with Vita..?

Post by dboyz »

Have you try to turn on the USB charging option on your Vita's settings? Make sure you connect your PS Vita to that power pack while it is turned off (not in standby mode).
Based on my experience, in standby mode whenever your connect your Vita to that power pack/PC, you wont see the battery indicator on your Vita's "XMB"/interface in charging mode but time by time your battery juice will increase (it takes quite an amount of time in comparison with Vita's proprietary adapter).
Just give it a try while turning off your PS Vita first, if the indicator doesnt light up in orange, try in standby mode & check the battery juice after a while (at least give it 30 minutes to notice any changes)
Last edited by dboyz on Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miseryguts

Post by Miseryguts »

dboyz wrote:Have you try to turn on the USB charging option on your Vita's settings?
Do you mean the USB Power Supply option..? if yes then it's already on
Anyway, I've found one of the adapters that ZeroSkys mentions on Ebay UK for under £3 & hopefully that will help.
Last edited by Miseryguts on Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dboyz

Post by dboyz »

Miseryguts wrote:
dboyz wrote:Have you try to turn on the USB charging option on your Vita's settings?
Do you mean the USB Power Supply option..? if yes then it's already on
Anyway I've found one of the adapters that ZeroSkys mentions on Ebay UK for under £3 & hopefully that will help.
Nice, anyway before you buy that adapter, try those methods that I mentioned in my previous post, hopefully it'll help :).
Actually that adapter works by producing "dumb" output current so that any smart devices(eg:mobile phones etc) which are connected to it will recognize those in-coming current as their battery minimal dafault amount of current required for charging. (in facts, any slightest in-coming amount of current can recharge those devices as long as input (charging)>output (usage).
I'm so sorry, I cant find better words for the explanation regarding the custom adapter/converter :cry: (my english's vocabs are so bad)
Miseryguts

Post by Miseryguts »

Hey dboyz thanks for your help, it's much appreciated.. I've tried what you suggest & unfortunately it hasn't made any difference.. have ordered one of the converters from Ebay, hopefully that will.
Dark GOD

Post by Dark GOD »

Reason it's not compatible is because it's only 2Amp.
PS Vita requires 2.1Amp.

Use 2.1 battery bank then it will work without any lame converter.

I posted a review of the one I use here:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=37135

You can use any power bank.
As long as it's 2.1 amp.

Return to “General”