Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

The Stupidity of PSN

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
VivaLaVita

The Stupidity of PSN

Post by VivaLaVita »

I want to but Soul Sacrifice on PSN for $9.00 (75% off PS+) But since last month that was a free game, and I downloaded it last month, it will only allow me to get the game as free. Meaning that when I cancel PS+, which will be soon, I'll no longer be able to play the game.

I WANT TO BUY THE dang GAME!

I called Sony to tell them my situation, the woman said, "I understand your situation, but we can't fix it in any way, you'll have to wait for your PS+ subscription to end and then buy the game."

Me: "But then it will be $17.99! I want to buy it for the $9.00 PS+ discount price, as a current PS+ Member!" (Which I am)

She said as long as the game is in my downloads history, I can never purchase this game in digitally while also being PS+ member. since I played it for free in the past (like 2 months ago people!)

I asked here if she could remove it for me so I could pay for it. She said that was impossible.

Obv Sony will only do that when they want to remove an exploited game from a users downloads list.

Sorry sunz a peaches!

So I can buy this game for 17.99 only, even though it says that the PS+ member price is $9.00 to own the game fully, it will never let me make that transaction and sony flat out told me that they will not help me.
Advertising
RandQalan

Re: The Stupidity of PSN

Post by RandQalan »

Look at it like this you stay a + member they make money if you leave they make money that should answer why they will not fix it for you

The company has been $$$$$$$$ hungry for a long time now

Why do you think I do not like the PSP emu on Vita exploits S makes money and still pull the plug think about how much they have made on games that people use to run the PSP umu on vita

For all that do use it I do understand but well the company really is making money on something they could improve it more
No incentive to make it better they make plenty off of just PSP stuff people use to get exploits
Advertising
eighthdayregret

Post by eighthdayregret »

I hate to say this, as everyone is entitled to their opinion (and my opinion may be biased, since I own a PSP, too), but I personally would keep the PS+ subscription. I'm a broke-@$$ penny-pincher, and I'll tell you that the free games I've gotten in the almost year since I've been a PS+ member were a good enough value for me to renew my PS+ subscription up until sometime in 2015, and I'll be buying at least another year at some point before it expires.

I look at it this way: I already have a PSP, so, really, I have a device that does more, homebrew-wise, than my Vita is capable of at the current time (since I'm on OFW 3.01). Everything the Vita can do as far as hacks, my PSP does without any rigamarole and probably better for now. While I admit that playing Kingdom Hearts on that beautiful OLED is amazing, it's not worth losing access to new games for the Vita. Not at all.

I dunno. Give your Vita a chance to thrive on its own. When I first got mine, I specifically focused on the Uno exploit because I didn't have money for Vita games. Now that I'm a little more financially stable (not by much) and can afford to buy games for it, I mainly use the exploits to port CWCheats for PSP games (having two devices makes that sooooo much easier).

Plus, if you have a PS3 or 4 (or are planning to get either of them), you can stockpile games for those systems, too. I've "purchased" every PS3 and PS4 game that's been given away free since I got my PS+ membership, so when/if I ever get a PS3, I've already got something like 50 games for it.

PS+ is an incredible value. Just within the first few months of signing up I got Disgaea 3, the Instant Game Library games, BlazBlue, a bunch of PS3 games... Not to mention all the games I got dirt cheap (UMvC3 for $9, what?!?).

But then again, you may not feel the same way I do if you don't already own a PSP.

The one thing I will say, though, is that it can be pretty frustrating to by a game and then see it show up on PS+. I pre-ordered Soul Sacrifice when it came out, and even though it's one of my favorite games for the Vita, free woulda been much better than $40.

There is one thing that a lot of people don't consider about PS+, though. There is a hidden cost in the service in that they're all digital games you're getting, so your memory card will fill up fast (already filled both a 32 and 8 GB myself since April 2013).
Depending on your point of view, that may be a good reason to ditch the service, but to me, having PS+ saves me AT LEAST a couple hundred buck a year, so it makes up for having to spend $80 on a new memory card.

I also am kind of a stickler for physical releases, though. The great thing about PS+, in that respect, is that I can essentially try the full version of the game for free before I plunk down some hard-earned cash on the cartridge, so if it sucks, I don't feel cheated.
Luckily for me, though, either I have great taste in Vita games, or the games available for the system are a lot better than I hear/read around the interwebz, because, other than a couple PS Mobile games, I've highly enjoyed literally all of the 50-something games I have for the Vita.
Even Frobisher Says, strangely enough. I even bought the DLC for it.

It's a matter of preference, I guess, as to whether or not to keep your Plus membership, but those are my two cents on the subject.
Vita WiFi/3G - 8GB - 32GB - OFW 3.36 - PS+
GoW PSP-2000 - 2GB - 8GB - 2x16GB - 2x16GB - 6.61 ME-2.3
VivaLaVita

Post by VivaLaVita »

I see your point(s) that is fine, we just have different taste, nothing to see there. The problem is sony's incompetence and there lack of customer care. not PS+
skyhot004

Post by skyhot004 »

God i'm lucky that i didn't download last month gravity rush then (PS plus benefit)
Cause i got retail before (not discounted)
If i download my full retail game will be gone right??
...................Yeah i got nothing to say here
dboyz

Post by dboyz »

I bet once your PS+ expired, Soul Sacrifice's price is already back at its retail price 35.99 =/
we forgive but we never forget
Rah718

Post by Rah718 »

I've had a similar experience with those POSs. This once again illustrates what horrible service Sony has. The mix of draconian security measures and clueless customer service reps makes it hard to willingly support this Corporation in the future. My Vita will probably be the last purchase from them.
pcpformypsp

Post by pcpformypsp »

"My Vita will probably be the last purchase from them."

Yeah, right.
VivaLaVita

Post by VivaLaVita »

Rah718 wrote:I've had a similar experience with those POSs. This once again illustrates what horrible service Sony has. The mix of draconian security measures and clueless customer service reps makes it hard to willingly support this Corporation in the future. My Vita will probably be the last purchase from them.
ik what you mean. Al they simply had to do was allow me to pay them 9.00 dollars via w/e idc. and I could have been given a voucher or they could have allowed me to download it in someway. if they cared they could surely do it. case in point is how much they manipulate the PSN and useless FW upgrades for freaking PSP hack.

Imagine if all of these useless FW's actually focused on improving the console rather than be so concerned a a custom PSP emulator. That's all the hack is right now -- a fully functional PSP emulator that the user can control as they could any other Emu software. big effin deal how about some real improvements. like customer service that gives a dang if I have a problem with the PSN.
Dark GOD

Post by Dark GOD »

I can understand why your frustrated and evan mad at them.
But hating on PSN just because of this isn't worth it.

Me for example:
I was exited about that 14 for 14 Sale.
And yesterday I was about to buy a PSN code of $20 to get 2 games.
Killzone and Sly Cooper.

I thought I still had time because it was about 10PM on the 21st for me. But to my great disappointment the date of PSN had already changed to the 22 do to there time zone.
So I missed out on this amazing deal.

I don't think there stupid for it.
It's easy to judge a company when your not at the head of it's throne.
But the people that work there can't make such exceptions that you asked for.
And it's not because SONY doesn't care about it's customers.

The simple truth is:
The iOS and Android market are knocking the consoles out of there position as the dominate gaming platforms.
And with Cloud gaming just around the corner mobile smartphones and tablets will continue to dominate.

SONY like any other company is simply trying to compete to keep there share in the gaming industry.
If you were to run into a similar situation on Microsoft service I believe the answer from there customer service would be the same.
Last edited by Dark GOD on Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General”