Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Vita Tv and Vita

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
reprep

Vita Tv and Vita

Post by reprep »

i have a Vita and a us psn account tied to it with an exploited game and i plan to buy a Vita Tv. i have a few questions.

1)I plan to buy the Vita Tv mainly to play Persona 4 Golden which saves to the vita memory card (not to the game cartridge) afaik. Will i be able to just insert my vita memory card (the one i am currently using and tied to a us psn account) and Persona 4 Golden cartridge to the Vita Tv and continue from where i left assuming i haven't registered my vita tv to any psn account?

2) what about if my vita is still registered to my old us account and vita tv registered to a new japan psn account? will vita tv ask for formatting memory card if i put my vita's memory card in it? i won't go to psn etc. i will just play cartridge version of persona 4 golden.

i don't want to use a japan psn account both on my vita and vita tv as it will make my us psn account with an exploited game gone forever.

also i don't care about trophies.

all guides talk about i need to be on the same psn account for both vita and vita tv to have trophies but i am still unclear if this is valid too for normal save games or not.
Advertising
Kankertje

Re: Vita Tv and Vita

Post by Kankertje »

reprep wrote: 1)I plan to buy the Vita Tv mainly to play Persona 4 Golden which saves to the vita memory card (not to the game cartridge) afaik. Will i be able to just insert my vita memory card (the one i am currently using and tied to a us psn account) and Persona 4 Golden cartridge to the Vita Tv and continue from where i left assuming i haven't registered my vita tv to any psn account?
No, you wont be able to use the mem card unless you format it, or log in to associated PSN account (which isnt possible on vita tv)
reprep wrote:
2) what about if my vita is still registered to my old us account and vita tv registered to a new japan psn account? will vita tv ask for formatting memory card if i put my vita's memory card in it? i won't go to psn etc. i will just play cartridge version of persona 4 golden.
yeah see above

You can't transfer the save

However vita tv is getting released in other regions soon so this might change (hopefully)
Advertising
reprep

Post by reprep »

thanks for the answer, that is too bad. my dream of playing p4g both at home and on the go just vanished.

just wondering, is it possible to share game saves between a vita and vita tv when both have no psn accounts registered?
Kankertje

Post by Kankertje »

reprep wrote:thanks for the answer, that is too bad. my dream of playing p4g both at home and on the go just vanished.

just wondering, is it possible to share game saves between a vita and vita tv when both have no psn accounts registered?
Hmm I dont know, if the save is kept on game card, it might work, but are there such games ?
reprep

Post by reprep »

Kankertje wrote:
reprep wrote:thanks for the answer, that is too bad. my dream of playing p4g both at home and on the go just vanished.

Hmm I dont know, if the save is kept on game card, it might work, but are there such games ?
yes there are some games which the save is kept on game card, ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 is one of them afaik.

though i believe p4g has the save on vita memory card.
Makara

Post by Makara »

If it's a US cartridge it's also possible that it won't work on a Japanese Vita TV. My UK Rayman cartridge doesn't work, even though it's listed as a supported game. :(
PSP 1003 (black), PSP Go N1003 (white), PSP Go N1000 (black), PS Vita PCH1003 (black), PS Vita PCH1000 (white), PS Vita PCH2000 (all white)
Xbox One, PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, NDS Lite, PS2, Gamecube, N64, SNES, PC Engine GT, Atari Lynx, Gameboy, Amiga 500
vitauser

Post by vitauser »

sorry for this my bro but you cant play Persona 4 Golden because it is game from list of forbbien to ps vita tv
reprep

Post by reprep »

Persona 4 Golden us works on Vita Tv.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CibUSsxX05I

AFAIK Pal version still hasn't been confirmed though.

about my initial problem, i have seen people plugging vita memory cards with us psn accounts and vita tv gives error etc and goes back to the main vita tv menu. But since it goes back to main menu, you can still play cartridge games if i am not wrong. only psn games etc on memory card aren't visible.

so my question remains, if i boot my persona 4 golden us cartridge from a vita tv with my us psn locked memory card in Vita TV, will persona 4 let me use my existing save or will i have to restart? probably the 2nd, but it would still be great to get confirmation from a vita user.
dboyz

Post by dboyz »

reprep wrote:Persona 4 Golden us works on Vita Tv.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CibUSsxX05I

AFAIK Pal version still hasn't been confirmed though.

about my initial problem, i have seen people plugging vita memory cards with us psn accounts and vita tv gives error etc and goes back to the main vita tv menu. But since it goes back to main menu, you can still play cartridge games if i am not wrong. only psn games etc on memory card aren't visible.

so my question remains, if i boot my persona 4 golden us cartridge from a vita tv with my us psn locked memory card in Vita TV, will persona 4 let me use my existing save or will i have to restart? probably the 2nd, but it would still be great to get confirmation from a vita user.
AFAIK, currently Vita TV doesn't support other regions' PSN account except JAP & Asia (HK,SG, etc). So you can't continue your save for sure =/, and your memory card will be prompted to be reformatted.
we forgive but we never forget
VivaLaVita

Post by VivaLaVita »

The name "dboyz" must have certainly come the yugioh card "dboyz", no? Y'kno that stupid flip effect monster. Maybe its a coincidence

Return to “General”