Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Should I just get rid of this thing?

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
Randysteele992

Should I just get rid of this thing?

Post by Randysteele992 »

I've had my Vita on 2.02 with the UNO exploit and I haven't used it this entire year. I find it useless. Should I just sell it for like a hundred bucks or whatever or just keep it? Would anyone even want it? I doubt it. Could use a suggestion. Thanks.
Advertising
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: Should I just get rid of this thing?

Post by fate6 »

I never understood why make these type of threads
its your Vita do with it whatever you want

if you don't like it then sell it or give it to a friend heck throw it in a fire we honestly don't care
and no amount of posts from random internet people is going to convince you to do anything

this reminds me of the "Halo is dead i'm leaving" threads back on Bungie and halowaypoint
we don't care if you leave just go and stop being a drama llama

EDIT: OK I might have been a bit mean but its not like i'm wrong :?
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Randysteele992

Post by Randysteele992 »

fate6 wrote:I never understood why make these type of threads
its your Vita do with it whatever you want

if you don't like it then sell it or give it to a friend heck throw it in a fire we honestly don't care
and no amount of posts from random internet people is going to convince you to do anything

this reminds me of the "Halo is dead i'm leaving" threads back on Bungie and halowaypoint
we don't care if you leave just go and stop being a drama llama

EDIT: OK I might have been a bit mean but its not like i'm wrong :?
It's cool, I see how it'd be annoying. I took no offence,it's your opinion and I did post this because I wanted to know people's opinions.
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!
codestation
Big Beholder

Post by codestation »

Update it. Buy games. Play those games. Seriously, those pspemu exploits aren't worth enough to lock yourself out of PSN.
Plugin list
Working on: QPSNProxy, QCMA - Open source content manager for the PS Vita
Playing: Error: ENOTIME
Repositories: github, google code
Just feel the code..
snailface

Post by snailface »

Randysteele992 wrote:I've had my Vita on 2.02 with the UNO exploit and I haven't used it this entire year. I find it useless. Should I just sell it for like a hundred bucks or whatever or just keep it? Would anyone even want it? I doubt it. Could use a suggestion. Thanks.
Hold on to it at least until the PS4 launches. Trust me on this.
silkyskeeter

Post by silkyskeeter »

Honestly, depends on WHY you bought the PsVita to begin with. If you bought it just in hopes that it would be openly hacked to death like the PsP was, I would suggest you just sell it now. Because its extremely unlikely that the PsVita is going to be completely hacked for a long time. We will continue to get exploits til the exploits run thin. Then when/if the PsVita gets a higher install base we will get a hardware hack then MAYBE a software hack.

But if you bought the console with the hopes of playing awesome games, that is a hard call. Because this year could make or break the progression of the PsVita as well as the support it will receive. If Ps4 and the games coming out dont raise the install base the PsVita could just slip farther off into nonexistence (even more than it already is). I cant really give you an answer. But as for me; I plan on getting Ps4 so the streaming and possible Gaikai support has me really thankful I didnt sell my PsVita. At first I just bought it because I wanted to see what awesome homebrew apps that would come from the scene (I was really hoping for a hack to make it work as a phone (because I have the 3G version), still hasnt happened yet)and to play psp games that arent on Psn on it. But after I got the last known kernel exploit and played those games (Crisis Core and Birth By Sleep)I got bored of not having access to Psn and updated to get the added features that updating offered. Then slowly feel in love with it and now carry it everywhere I go.

But, if you dont play it now and have no desire to spend any money on games..... the answer is simple, sell it.
Digital artist, gamer, and game dev (in the making)
Randysteele992

Post by Randysteele992 »

silkyskeeter wrote:Honestly, depends on WHY you bought the PsVita to begin with. If you bought it just in hopes that it would be openly hacked to death like the PsP was, I would suggest you just sell it now. Because its extremely unlikely that the PsVita is going to be completely hacked for a long time. We will continue to get exploits til the exploits run thin. Then when/if the PsVita gets a higher install base we will get a hardware hack then MAYBE a software hack.

But if you bought the console with the hopes of playing awesome games, that is a hard call. Because this year could make or break the progression of the PsVita as well as the support it will receive. If Ps4 and the games coming out dont raise the install base the PsVita could just slip farther off into nonexistence (even more than it already is). I cant really give you an answer. But as for me; I plan on getting Ps4 so the streaming and possible Gaikai support has me really thankful I didnt sell my PsVita. At first I just bought it because I wanted to see what awesome homebrew apps that would come from the scene (I was really hoping for a hack to make it work as a phone (because I have the 3G version), still hasnt happened yet)and to play psp games that arent on Psn on it. But after I got the last known kernel exploit and played those games (Crisis Core and Birth By Sleep)I got bored of not having access to Psn and updated to get the added features that updating offered. Then slowly feel in love with it and now carry it everywhere I go.

But, if you dont play it now and have no desire to spend any money on games..... the answer is simple, sell it.
I never expected to have it haacked and all open like the psp. Maybe in like 6 years or something but I never expected anything like that so soon. I don't know... I guess I was just hoping on basically a portable ps3 when I first bought it and at first it was with games like Uncharted, wipeout etc. It was so nice at first. I wanna like it but it's lacking in so much software. I don't know.
Wizardinblack

Post by Wizardinblack »

Randysteele992 wrote:
silkyskeeter wrote:Honestly, depends on WHY you bought the PsVita to begin with. If you bought it just in hopes that it would be openly hacked to death like the PsP was, I would suggest you just sell it now. Because its extremely unlikely that the PsVita is going to be completely hacked for a long time. We will continue to get exploits til the exploits run thin. Then when/if the PsVita gets a higher install base we will get a hardware hack then MAYBE a software hack.

I never expected to have it haacked and all open like the psp. Maybe in like 6 years or something but I never expected anything like that so soon. I don't know... I guess I was just hoping on basically a portable ps3 when I first bought it and at first it was with games like Uncharted, wipeout etc. It was so nice at first. I wanna like it but it's lacking in so much software. I don't know.
If i were you, i think i would wait another year or two before selling it. I also got my vita expecting basically a portable ps3, andhave been a little disapointed. but personally i think that sony is starting to try and pick up their game (im actually pretty impressed with the latest update). also, the games so far have been pretty good quality with some issues, but im sure that as time goes on the quality is going to increase dramatically. like me, just keep telling yourself that its a new console, cause if you get rid of it, then good games come out you are going to be pretty sore about it.
Lenovo ideapad Y510p (Steam: DemonLung0x1a4)
- 2x GeForce GT755m (SLI)

(PSN: WizardinBlack71)
PS Vita 3g
PS4
PS3
PCMGR

Post by PCMGR »

I got my Vita because I was promised good IGC gaems.Should have known better than to trust SCEE -.- (now,now,don't get me wrong,but the US IGC has had more games that I'd like to play)
What do I have:
[spoiler]Nothing to lose.[/spoiler]
VitaGenic

Post by VitaGenic »

Wizardinblack wrote:I also got my vita expecting basically a portable ps3, andhave been a little disapointed.
If you bought your PS Vita with those expectations no wonder you are disappointed LOL. If i recall correctly it was always marketed as "comparable to a PS3"......

Back on topic: If you haven't used your PS Vita in one year and you don't feel like using it then yeah, I guess sell it?

You can't buy/sell/trade stuff on wololo but head over to PS3hax or PSX-Scene and market it as an Uno K-Exploited PS Vita ready to go out of the box. You might be able to get a bit more cash for it because of the exploit on a hacking forum than say, ebay, gumtree, craigslist [insert your local free marketplace here] etc. etc.

BUT you may have to "give" the new owner your PSN account, or explain to them that they will need to purchase UNO on their own PSN account and transfer it.... (letting them know that this is no easy feat for a low firmware PS Vita)

GL with the sale!
PS Vita 3G 16gb 3.18 Talkman Travel Exploit
PS3 CECHA01 60gb Cobra USB
3DS XL White 4.4 Gateway 128gb SD

Return to “General”