Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Firmware 2.11 is now available !

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
GuitaristMatt

Re: Firmware 2.11 is now available !

Post by GuitaristMatt »

Acid_Snake wrote:I don't even know why they waste their time and money on this useless anti-hacks measures that don't really stop hacks, nor will pose a threat to the actual vita. Where is our vita games? where are the cool features? why do I feel that my money has been wasted on the vita? know why? cause sony has messed up priorities that's why, and until they don't place games and features over anti-hacking, nintendo and microsoft will continue to beat them to the floor
So you (not just you AS, a lot of people) haven't really been paying attention to what's going on with the Vita side of things. 2.11 is not an anti-piracy measure. It fixes issues with games that are causing problems with the Vita OS. Maybe it should have been called 2.10.1 like The Z said, but waiting until there are no features would have helped to destroy Sony's reputation even more. Here's the headline, "Sony Refuses to Fix Broken Games from New Update" and "Sony not supporting the Playstation Vita Anymore?"
bL4Ck84 wrote:other than the small lag when tearing away the "cards" and the lockscreen, i had a rather strange issue the other day, i was moving files via wifi to my PC, after a few seconds my vita prompted me to "not remove the memory card while the system is on", but i didn't touch anything, only after a couple of resets i could make the vita read again the memorycard, but had to force a database rebuild for it to show most stuff i had, and my homescreen layout was gone.
Stuff like that should also be fixed
Advertising
Vita w/henkaku + PSP-2000 6.60 Pro-C2
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Operation Doomtrain translator (Final Fantasy Type-0)
Jd8531

Post by Jd8531 »

GuitaristMatt wrote: So you (not just you AS, a lot of people) haven't really been paying attention to what's going on with the Vita side of things. 2.11 is not an anti-piracy measure. It fixes issues with games that are causing problems with the Vita OS. Maybe it should have been called 2.10.1 like The Z said, but waiting until there are no features would have helped to destroy Sony's reputation even more. Here's the headline, "Sony Refuses to Fix Broken Games from New Update" and "Sony not supporting the Playstation Vita Anymore?"
In his defense he said antihack for one not piracy. It could fix native issues that could possibly be exploitable. And if its not an AntiPiracy measure prove it. With no changelog no one can say for-sure right now including you.
inb4 its not mandatory so it doesnt
Advertising
npt
VIP

Post by npt »

The Z wrote:
npt wrote:Well, glad to hear the exploit still works.

Cheers,

npt

:geek:
Hey npt,

Havent heard of you since months :)
Glad that you still know me, I hope to see you at gamescom '13 ;)
Hey Z,

Yeah, I've been around, just lying low and doing too much Raspberry Pi, gentoo, and hanging with my gf entirely too much. :)

And yes, I do imagine me, Hellcat, gHost, KDSBest, and whatever other sceners we are with shall see you @ Gamescom 2013!

Cheers,

npt
thebudds

Post by thebudds »

Jd8531 wrote:
GuitaristMatt wrote: So you (not just you AS, a lot of people) haven't really been paying attention to what's going on with the Vita side of things. 2.11 is not an anti-piracy measure. It fixes issues with games that are causing problems with the Vita OS. Maybe it should have been called 2.10.1 like The Z said, but waiting until there are no features would have helped to destroy Sony's reputation even more. Here's the headline, "Sony Refuses to Fix Broken Games from New Update" and "Sony not supporting the Playstation Vita Anymore?"
In his defense he said antihack for one not piracy. It could fix native issues that could possibly be exploitable. And if its not an AntiPiracy measure prove it. With no changelog no one can say for-sure right now including you.
2.10 was to stop the hack, 2.11 fixed a lot of problems I guess from not checking if everything else worked other than just the anti-hack measures. :lol:
GuitaristMatt

Post by GuitaristMatt »

Jd8531 wrote:With no changelog no one can say for-sure right now including you.
That's always true, and we all know that the changelogs never tell the whole story.
Vita w/henkaku + PSP-2000 6.60 Pro-C2
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Operation Doomtrain translator (Final Fantasy Type-0)
shadowknight1620

Post by shadowknight1620 »

The Z wrote:
shadowknight1620 wrote:ya on 2.10 my lock screen seemed to be a bit buggy just not smooth like before and the 2.11 update seemed to fix this minor issue otherwise no noticable issue for me.
Same here ^^
I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one to think that I kinda tbought I was just trippin' cause it would only seem to do it when it was locked for a while thanks for the reply

btw awesome work on vhbl :P
ShadowKnight1620 PSP-3001 6.60 PRO-C2 & PSVita 3.36 ARK-2
ImageDownload ShadowKnight1620's CTF
MeloBeast

Post by MeloBeast »

That is funny because mine seemed to have run smoother running 2.10 than it does since i've upgraded.
Whoop That Trick!!!
*get'em*
pauln241

Post by pauln241 »

Hi, this is all looking good, does this mean if I rename I can still use Apache Overkill or do we need a new game to get this to work on 2.10/2.11?
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

you will need to wait for a new game
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
pauln241

Post by pauln241 »

OK, thanks for the reply fate6.

Return to “General”