Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[POLL] PS Vita vs. Nintendo 3DS

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum

Which of the following portable consoles do you prefer?

Sony PlayStation Vita
79%
Nintendo 3DS
21%

Total votes: 58

NNNRT

[POLL] PS Vita vs. Nintendo 3DS

Post by NNNRT »

Well, we were talking about that in the banning thread & I thought of making a poll for this. :)
I wrote:I ban you because I just taught people a f***ing lesson at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlan7WGHJZQ in the comments. :lol:
So Xian Nox wrote:I ban you because you just spammed your crappy comments out there.
NNNRT wrote:The 3DS for people with no money, babies, or noobs, & the PS Vita generally/world-wide.
This prejudice... Can't... resist... urge... to rant... :lol:
NNNRT wrote:How doesn't the PS Vita have games?!
It simply doesn't have games that would interest me.
Uncharted? Watched a playthrough of it on YouTube, nice cinematic game with no replay value. Oops, I already watched it, don't see any reason to play it unless I want to murder myself with platforming fails.
FIFA & similar: I enjoyed playing football while I was able to, I never enjoyed watching it, and football games are terrible, unless we're talking about their physics fails. Also, same game is available for the 3DS.
PS All Stars: DoA > All stars. Very similarly named game is available for the 3DS.
WipEout: I don't need a Vita if I want a WipEout game. I might as well play it on my PSP.
LBP: not my taste at all. Feels too childish. (I might be wrong, it just doesn't feel alright for me.)

3DS games that I'd be interested in:
The Professor Layton series. Awesome little thing.
Cave Story 3D
Harvest moon
that whatever cat petting game they had. Super fun =^_^=
*checks nintendo website for 3ds game list*
wait, it has DoA and BlazBlue as well? o.O
Also, 3DS has Monster hunter. Vita is not getting one afaik. God's Eater 2 was supposed to be a PSP/PSV release as well.
And there's also DS games I've been wanting to play but haven't had the chance to so far.

Only Vita-exclusive titles I'd be interested in are P4 and PSO2. The first one has a PS2 version anyways; Sega sucks because of the way they treated previous Phantasy star titles, so I'm not going to play PSO2. (What I mean by that: they never updated the EU and NA PSP2 servers, they pulled PSP2 off the NA PSN just cause, they're abusing copyright in a way I don't approve of. In general, they're being douchebags.)

In this sense for me the PSVita has no notable titles.

*reads more of your comments*
PSV has better hacks? Go hide somewhere please.
The skype app, you say. A half-assed port inferior even to the J2ME skype which has text message and voice calls iirc. :lol: The Party app is a ripoff of the xbox one. (Wait, MS actually made something innovative? :shock:)
Overall, the Vita is a nice not exactly portable console, but has very little that would set it apart from the rest of the PS line. It would have been better if they kept it as a successor to the PSP instead of making it a "but it can only do everything" kind of device.
I'd buy a 3DS simply because it has different titles. Also, I think it's slightly smaller, so fitting it in a pocket won't be as hard as fitting the Vita in one.
Then I wrote:I ban Xian because: :mrgreen:
1- I was comparing the PS Vita with the 3DS, so that's what you expect about the Vita.
2- There are some 3DS games which the PSP also has, so work for the Vita, such as Monster Hunter & Cave Story (well, with an exploit). PSP on Vita still has better graphics than the 3DS.
3- There is Skype on the Vita... Is there for the 3DS? Same for other downloadable apps.
4- There's Party, Messaging, Near, better browser, mail, all these apps, wherever they came from, they aren't on the 3DS.
5- Games: Compare FIFA for the Vita with that for the 3DS, the Vita wins, with graphics, gameplay, & controls. And for the other games those are only the ones I mentioned, there's PlayStation Mobile & Jetpack Joyride don't forget.
6- By better hacks I meant that the whole PSP environment was ported to the Vita (well, most of it), there are homebrews & plugins, more than the 3DS has.
7- Nintendo payed a couple million dollars for Sony's 3D screen, & eventually put it on the 3DS instead of the Vita having it.
8- I agree that the 3DS is more lightweight & portable, but the Vita remains portable.
9- The Vita has more controls & more features, other than the 3DS's 2 screens with one being in 3D & the ability to switch it on & off.
10- The Vita has a better overall. That's not my personal preference, I'm just comparing. With all these in one device, I'd prefer the Vita. I respect your opinion though, you like the games on the 3DS more than those on the Vita. They are gaming devices at last, so no problem. :)
And the Vita has Remote Play & Cross-Controller with the PS3 & PS4, and will play PS2, PS3, & PS4 games shortly. It also has Bluetooth & Ad-hoc connections. :)
So guys what do you think? Vote for the console you prefer & explain why in the comments! :)
Advertising
Last edited by NNNRT on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JeoWay

Re: [POLL] PS Vita vs. Nintendo 3DS

Post by JeoWay »

PlayStation Vita. I had a 3DS XL awhile back. It was a horrible experience. The Originally DS games weren't even full screen. I'm better off sticking to my old and mean pal Sony ;)
Advertising
Intel Core i7 4770K @4.7Ghz
MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard
32GB Corsair Vengeance PRO RAM
Radeon 7950 OC DD (XFX)
Corsair H100i Water Cooling
Corsair HX1050 PSU
Corsair 900D
1TB WD Blue - 128GB 840 PRO SSD
BenQ XL2420TE Gaming Monitor
NNNRT

Post by NNNRT »

JeoWay wrote:PlayStation Vita. I had a 3DS XL awhile back. It was a horrible experience. The Originally DS games weren't even full screen. I'm better off sticking to my old and mean pal Sony ;)
LOL :lol: All this & it's still one of our favorite companies. :P :lol:
Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Post by Xian Nox »

You're making a PSV vs 3DS poll on a PSV forum, y'know? Isn't it kind of, obvious, who's going to win?
Anyways, as I said, your absolute bashing of the 3DS is no good as far as I'm concerned. Both consoles have something better than the other, and the choice is based on taste.
Also, many lolz for your "but the 3DS stole the Vita's 3D screen". :lol:
NaSty13

Post by NaSty13 »

I can only vote for the Vita, ive never owned a Nintendo DS or 3DS, they're just too childish imo. Agreed the vita doesnt have enough 'decent ' games for it atm but hopefully that will change. Even though it doesnt have large variety of games i'd still pick the Vita over the DS any day.
NNNRT

Post by NNNRT »

Xian Nox wrote:You're making a PSV vs 3DS poll on a PSV forum, y'know? Isn't it kind of, obvious, who's going to win?
Anyways, as I said, your absolute bashing of the 3DS is no good as far as I'm concerned. Both consoles have something better than the other, and the choice is based on taste.
I mentioned the 3DS's double screen with one being 3D + a switch for it. ;)
Xian Nox wrote:Also, many lolz for your "but the 3DS stole the Vita's 3D screen". :lol:
But I thought Sony would have put it if Nintendo didn't buy it. :cry: :( :? :|

EDIT: Please vote! :lol:
JeoWay

Post by JeoWay »

NaSty13 wrote:I can only vote for the Vita, ive never owned a Nintendo DS or 3DS, they're just too childish imo. Agreed the vita doesnt have enough 'decent ' games for it atm but hopefully that will change. Even though it doesnt have large variety of games i'd still pick the Vita over the DS any day.
Once the PS4 comes out, the games list will start kickin. Thats only if...
Sony: The PS4's Game Library will also be playable on the PSV.
There should be enough then ;)
but you got to remember, they said this about the PS3 being playable on Vita. F-ing liars.
MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard
Radeon 7950 OC DD (XFX)
Corsair HX1050 PSU
Corsair 900D
NNNRT

Post by NNNRT »

I added:
And the Vita has Remote Play & Cross-Controller with the PS3 & PS4, and will play PS2, PS3, & PS4 games shortly. It also has Bluetooth & Ad-hoc connections. :)
to the OP. :)
JeoWay

Post by JeoWay »

NNNRT wrote:I added:
to the OP. :)
:lol:
MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard
Radeon 7950 OC DD (XFX)
Corsair HX1050 PSU
Corsair 900D
NNNRT