Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PsVita Hacking FAQ

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
J3LACK.EAGLE

Re: PsVita Hacking FAQ

Post by J3LACK.EAGLE »

SMOKE wrote:
PRAILE wrote:So, it's 100% impossible at the moment , HOPE WOLOLO saves the day,
it should take several weeks , shouldn't it?
Wololo hasn't made any exploits since the PSP days. It's all independent devs porting his HBL to the Vita
So wait, they are just porting over his HBL? Does that mean his HBL is the only loader that will load homebrew on the PSP or Vita? Does it mean TN and Coldbird created their own HBL when creating their firmware or they integrated his HBL into their CFW?
Advertising
qwikrazor87
Guru

Post by qwikrazor87 »

J3LACK.EAGLE wrote:So wait, they are just porting over his HBL? Does that mean his HBL is the only loader that will load homebrew on the PSP or Vita? Does it mean TN and Coldbird created their own HBL when creating their firmware or they integrated his HBL into their CFW?
Yeah, they ported HBL from the PSP for the Vita.
HBL uses resources available in user mode, it doesn't have access to kernel, the CFW stuff like Pro CFW and TN-V have access to everything in user and kernel mode.
Advertising
PSP 2001 - TA-085 - 6.61 PRO-C2
PS Vita 3G - PCH-1101 - 3.65 HENkaku Ensō
Alcatel phone - Android 8.1.0
Laptop - Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5974 - Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
digitalkid56

Post by digitalkid56 »

I have a pretty noobish question, and I've tried looking it up in the FAQ's and previous threads..

I have a PCH-2000 PSVita I just picked up while I was in Japan
Firmware: 3.01

I just picked up a FAT PS3, just updated the firmware to 4.55 since it wouldn't let me on the PSN store to download Numblast
I can't connect the PSVita to the PS3 using Content Manager, whenever I establish connection with the PS3, the Vita side tells me to update.
I've attempted Open CMA on the computer side, same thing.. whenever it establishes connection with the PC, forces an update prompt.
Canceling does nothing but take me back to the main menu to attempt connection type again.

So now I'm stuck, I have the purchased Numblast in my account, all the necessary files waiting to be transferred, but can't seem to figure out how to get it to connect without forcing an update prompt. Any ideas? I'm about ready to just update the PSVita to I can connect online and give in to Sony.. Not quite, but almost there. PLEASE. HELP.

PlayStation®Vita PCH-2000 (JDM Model • White) / Firmware 3.50 • (TNV-11)
PlayStation®Vita PCH-2001 (US Model • Black) / Firmware 3.18 • (TN-V Bubble)
qwikrazor87
Guru

Post by qwikrazor87 »

@digitalkid56
Use QCMA.
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=34677
PSP 2001 - TA-085 - 6.61 PRO-C2
PS Vita 3G - PCH-1101 - 3.65 HENkaku Ensō
Alcatel phone - Android 8.1.0
Laptop - Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5974 - Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
digitalkid56

Post by digitalkid56 »

Thanks for the suggestion.. I downloaded, and still same issue occurs when the vita connects to QCMA.
I have both offline mode on, and disable WiFi Monitoring, and the PSVita side stills prompts for Update System Software..
I even restored the Vita back to factory settings, hoping it would format or erase any files letting it know there's an update..
I've not yet setup the Vita for WiFi, and still somehow it knows.. hmmm.. I'm stuck.
PlayStation®Vita PCH-2000 (JDM Model • White) / Firmware 3.50 • (TNV-11)
PlayStation®Vita PCH-2001 (US Model • Black) / Firmware 3.18 • (TN-V Bubble)
J3LACK.EAGLE

Post by J3LACK.EAGLE »

digitalkid56 wrote:Thanks for the suggestion.. I downloaded, and still same issue occurs when the vita connects to QCMA.
I have both offline mode on, and disable WiFi Monitoring, and the PSVita side stills prompts for Update System Software..
I even restored the Vita back to factory settings, hoping it would format or erase any files letting it know there's an update..
I've not yet setup the Vita for WiFi, and still somehow it knows.. hmmm.. I'm stuck.
Have you tried disabling the WiFi on the computer and vita? and try using OCMA not QCMA
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Post by SMOKE »

J3LACK.EAGLE wrote:and try using OCMA not QCMA
QCMA is better and a heck of a lot easier to setup :roll:
Psychicpanda

Post by Psychicpanda »

I have a few questions, and thought this would be a better place to do it then to make a few topics. Sorry if they've been asked before, but if they have i couldn't quite find the right keywords to find them with search, either here or with google.

First, I managed to exploit and install the newest TN version without much problem, but with certain PS1 games it seems to run slow, and theres no sound during some movies. Mainly the later square games. Is this a problem due to the emulation, and I'll just have to live with it, or am i doing something wrong? Most of the things i've read seem to suggest the versions i have should run perfectly. Would the other CFW, Arks, be better if i wanted to play more ps1 games?

If theres no fix for this, is it still possible to use the open cma trick to buy them off the store and put them on that way? Thats probably yes, but since if i'm wrong i get banned from psn, so i'd like to be sure.

And if neither of those work, how do you remove cfw? Just delete the save data or exploit game? From my understanding I didn't actually alter the ps vita firmware at all, just the game, but again just trying to be sure.
Conjo

Post by Conjo »

1.- Yeah, some games have problems with the emulation, there's a thread on that viewtopic.php?f=56&t=38744 and afaik ARk doesn't support audio, I might be wrong.
2.- The OpenCMA+PS3 trick is still working
3.- You didn't even alter the game, just a savedata. About completly deleting it i'm not sure
Playstation Vita (PCH-1010) Firmware 3.60 + HENkaku
Xbox 360 Latest Firmware
Nintendo Wii 4.3U + HBC + USBLoader GX + Nintendont
Psychicpanda

Post by Psychicpanda »

Conjo wrote: 2.- The OpenCMA+PS3 trick is still working
I know its still working, because thats how i got my exploit game on. I was just wondering if PSN would notice if i tried to cnnect it after i installed CFW, but i guess answer 3 answered that.

Thanks!

Return to “General”