Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

UVL Discussion thread

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
fate6
Big Beholder

UVL Discussion thread

Post by fate6 »

use this thread to talk about any non-dev/programming related discussion's about the Vita native loader UVL

original thread ====>here
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Nelson93

Re: UVL Discussion thread

Post by Nelson93 »

Since this thread exists I feel like I must echo many of the same excitement that others have already! The allure of being able to access the full potential for the vita is just amazing, and besides that I hope it can be used in ways that were previously not thought of beside emulators and homebrew! I must say I'm cautiously optimistic at this very early stage though :) Still amazing work!
Advertising
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

well its still not the full power of the Vita but iirc it is more then the PSP emu allows us ^___^
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Nelson93

Post by Nelson93 »

I can only assume that the "full" power of the vita can never be truly realised unless we were sony and had full access to every facet of the device. This is still an incredible stepping stone on the ps vita scene and I can't wait to see what comes of this! I'm not expecting as much as others though who would like full dreamcast emulation but I really would love full N64 emulation a lot! Can't wait!!!!! :D
jd20dog

Post by jd20dog »

Nelson93 wrote:I can only assume that the "full" power of the vita can never be truly realised unless we were sony
we will git full access to the vita it will just take a bit more time
user mode is usually the first hack of non open systems without special tools, every thing else is a step past it
and eating thrifty maid noodles because of it......seriously!?! off brand noodles.....ouch i got burned by tech support.....ouch........
wolframio

Post by wolframio »

mmmmm... some advanced users are talking "too much" on the original thread, maybe the original thread should be only to search others peoples that can dev and not to talk about de developing itself.
they can use IM Chat to talk between them.

i dont know if i said in the right form... my English its a little basic!

Regards!
Nelson93

Post by Nelson93 »

jd20dog wrote:
Nelson93 wrote:I can only assume that the "full" power of the vita can never be truly realised unless we were sony
we will git full access to the vita it will just take a bit more time
user mode is usually the first hack of non open systems without special tools, every thing else is a step past it
I assume that regardless if we get a full kernel hack of the vita that even then we have the constraint of having the vita's os that could limit the amount of usable ram, so we potentially could never be able to fully utilise the hardware completely but rather use it to the best of our ability (I say our due to a lack of a better term).
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

wolframio wrote:mmmmm... some advanced users are talking "too much" on the original thread,

I dont see anything that would "give it away" being discussed there ;)
gmol

Post by gmol »

Nelson93 wrote:I hope it can be used in ways that were previously not thought of beside emulators and homebrew!
Yifan Lu said that it's physically impossible to decrypt or run backups using his exploit so theres no way it can be used for anything else than homebrew.

https://twitter.com/yifanlu/status/243552282728349696
https://twitter.com/yifanlu/status/243773920501694464
Nelson93

Post by Nelson93 »

gmol wrote:
Nelson93 wrote:I hope it can be used in ways that were previously not thought of beside emulators and homebrew!
Yifan Lu said that it's physically impossible to decrypt or run backups using his exploit so theres no way it can be used for anything else than homebrew.

https://twitter.com/yifanlu/status/243552282728349696
https://twitter.com/yifanlu/status/243773920501694464
Oh no I really didn't mean it in the way of piracy but rather in the forms of open apps like android that can add functionality :) Like a cross platform messaging client between vita, ios and android would be nice or even a potential port of a decent open source browser :D

Return to “General”