Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Vita root exploit bounty?

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Re: Vita root exploit bounty?

Post by Xian Nox »

openvita wrote:what about a cfw that only supports signed homebrew and only a few devs having the key?
Why would this be any different from the current situation?
Advertising
openvita

Post by openvita »

sorry i´m not that good in writing in english.
wololo said it´s not good to do a contest for a root exploit because sony is not makin money at the moment.
But after communicating with our "usual" partners (including pspgen for example), we found that for now the general public would be against a full hack of the vita. There's a trend among the lines of "let's give Sony a chance for a little while" before we actually start organizing such contests. Sony is in a really bad shape now, we don't want to promote anything that would make things worse, for a while. Not that I would be against seeing a hack tomorrow, but by funding a contest we would be adding fuel to the fire, and we've agreed that now is not the right time yet.
but i think if the devs actively prevent piracy, for example with a app loader / cfw or whatever with a added security system that prevents the vita from running pirated games it would not hurt sony but boost sales.
Advertising
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

The goal is to open the system, not to close it in a different way. Hackers who work on full root access have to live with the idea that it will open the doors to piracy. Those who cant live with the idea should work on simpler things such as vhbl.
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
NORATIO

Post by NORATIO »

I will tell you something; some people mignt remember me, i was part of Dreamcast scene, releasing the Gameboy Emulator and at that time it was big deal.

Dreamcast was selling like crazy just like XBOX the day people with no money was able to hack them. What make Shenmue one of the biggest game; Echelon releasing it on the scene and friends/cousin with money heard about it and freaking buy the game. It was good for the Sega and same for Xbox; this is how they became no1... Homebrew.. So no don't talk about being against piracy, we are all against. How to get nes, snes, n64, psp, or vita portable when i away? We need to be able to play backup of our games. Nothing to do with piracy. The machine i buy, i want to be able to free it like a jailbreak iOS device so I can be free of freaky itunes.

I tell u; tomorrow you fully unlock vita; you sell twice vita as 3DS. Right now its a flop, its an incredible machine that need a boost; an exploit so people are interrested in, just like divx.. Who define the standard pr make it popular? Hackers, mkv? Hackers, h264? Hackers, xbox360? Hackers, windows 7? Hackers...

Thanks for releasing exploits. An old boy from the dreamcast, and xbox360 scene
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Thanks Noriato. I think we all agree. At least, I personally agree that a system sells more if it is hackable (but I am not sure this is what Sony wants)

I want to emphasize that here the issue is more about getting sponsors onboard than about our personal ideologies. Since the people who could spend money on such a contest are not convinced it is the right time yet, I am waiting as well.
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
openvita

Post by openvita »

i think it´s the tight time now because later some major exploits may be patched.
npt
VIP

Post by npt »

Wololo,
As you know, I am most certainly in when the time comes. I have a mixed bag of feelings regarding things, and since you and I will be running the thing when it happens, I guess I'll keep my feelings (personal ones not "Official contest rules" etc) to myself for the moment. Let's see just how Sony acts; oh wait - just like m0skit0 said, we know how they'll act. :D Not giving anyone **** at all, but we all know how they react - even to things like VHBL which are fairly 'console white-hat' harmless, IMHO. So, Wololo let's keep talking, and see how this thread grows, who has what to say, and I imagine we know where we'll end up.

Cheers to the scene, and everyone who is working feverishly right now... on whatever it may be. I have faith in PSP+PS3+etc scenes coming together for vita native arm kernel mode, etc etc. And WITHOUT any BS fscking dongles!!!

Cheers /talk folks, Cheers good friends,

Talk to everybody soon.

npt

p.s. Yes of COURSE a system sells more if it's hackable... in my opinion and it seems like in a lot of others.

:geek:
FrEdDy
HBL Collaborator

Post by FrEdDy »

wololo wrote:Thanks Noriato. I think we all agree. At least, I personally agree that a system sells more if it is hackable (but I am not sure this is what Sony wants)

I want to emphasize that here the issue is more about getting sponsors onboard than about our personal ideologies. Since the people who could spend money on such a contest are not convinced it is the right time yet, I am waiting as well.
Of course, this does not means hackers are sleeping, hacking isn't about winning competitions, imho.
I already said what I think about the PSV, it could be a good console, if Sony wanted it to be one. For now it's just a closed gaming system with no games that make it worth 250+€, probably hacking it now would mean dooming it from a normal user point of view, personally, I can't wait to write my own code for that hardware.
https://github.com/freddy-156
<@n00b81> FREDDY CUTTIES
sean13128

Post by sean13128 »

Wow I thought this thread had died on me. To come back and see all this is truly exciting. I completely get your point now wololo. thank you for the clarification.
chingy213

Post by chingy213 »

Hi,

Will Wololo still support VHBL exploit for 1.67 systems that dont have the motorcross game installed??

Im slowly geting bored of my games...(want snes roms)

Return to “General”