Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

IPL inject failed

Everything that is PSP-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
Harbin[G]er

IPL inject failed

Post by Harbin[G]er »

ok i was trying to make a magic memory stick but im always getting ipl inject failed :not enough reserved sector space for IPL so how to fix it
Advertising
PSP 1006| 6.60 ME-1.4| 6.60 PRO-B9
fidelcastro

Re: IPL inject failed

Post by fidelcastro »

what capacity have your card, magic gate is supported, the data are important here, plus a low-level format the card restored to avoid problems, I recomended HDD Low Level Format Tool
Advertising
Halvhjearne

Post by Halvhjearne »

you are properbly using windows vista/7 ...

the program you are using to make the mms is intended to run in xp ... you need to run it in compatibility mode then ... try this:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows- ... lity-mode/
Dr. Evil wrote:I used to use Windows, but it was designed by freakin' idiots.
Now i use linux allowing me to conrol the "lasers" on my "death star" with ease.
I'm Dr. Evil, and I'm aspiring to take over the world.
Harbin[G]er

Post by Harbin[G]er »

fidelcastro wrote:<span>what capacity have your card, magic gate is supported, the data are important here, plus a low-level format the card restored to avoid problems, I recomended [url=<a class="linkclass" href="http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-LLF-Low ... rmat-Tool/]HDD">http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-LLF-Low ... rmat-Tool/]HDD</a> Low Level Format Tool[/url]</span>
oh yea forgot about them well i have a 8gb ms pro dont know whether it is magic gate but im sure its unsupported
Halvhjearne wrote:you are properbly using windows vista/7 ...

the program you are using to make the mms is intended to run in xp ... you need to run it in compatibility mode then ... try this:
<span><a class="linkclass" href="http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows- ... </a></span>
i tried it in xp mode but still it didnt work :(

EDIT: nvm got a friends psp and used his memory card
but thanks for ur effort :)
PSP 1006| 6.60 ME-1.4| 6.60 PRO-B9
Halvhjearne

Post by Halvhjearne »

Harbin[G]er wrote: i tried it in xp mode but still it didnt work :(
.. did you remember to tic off “Run this program as an administrator” as well?

you need that as well as the xp compatibility mode .. tic off both and then try again.
also its best to use a "genuine" magic gate supported card for this ...

edit: it would also be nice to know how you are trying to make this ... which program are you using and how ... are you doing this with a cardreader or through the psp itself?
Dr. Evil wrote:I used to use Windows, but it was designed by freakin' idiots.
Now i use linux allowing me to conrol the "lasers" on my "death star" with ease.
I'm Dr. Evil, and I'm aspiring to take over the world.
some1
HBL Collaborator

Post by some1 »

Harbin[G]er wrote:a 8gb ms pro dont know whether it is magic gate but im sure its unsupported
Yea 8gb memory cards don't work to make magic memory sticks.
way to keep a secret malloxis...erm jeerum
Hmm, a demo user mode exploit doesn't seem as important anymore, I wonder why... xP
codestation
Big Beholder

Post by codestation »

some1 wrote:
Harbin[G]er wrote:a 8gb ms pro dont know whether it is magic gate but im sure its unsupported
Yes they do ;) , i have used mine for a long time as a magic MS. Just use the ipl that comes with timemachine since its smaller (the old one requires that the partition starts @ sector 489, while the TM one just requires that the partition starts @ sector 42).
Plugin list
Working on: QPSNProxy, QCMA - Open source content manager for the PS Vita
Playing: Error: ENOTIME
Repositories: github, google code
Just feel the code..
some1
HBL Collaborator

Post by some1 »

codestation wrote:
some1 wrote:
Yes they do ;) , i have used mine for a long time as a magic MS. Just use the ipl that comes with timemachine since its smaller (the old one requires that the partition starts @ sector 489, while the TM one just requires that the partition starts @ sector 42).
Hmm, I've tried injecting an ipl the size of one sector to my 8gb memory card and that didn't even work, I had to format the card, I was too lazy to reverse the damage :p
way to keep a secret malloxis...erm jeerum
Hmm, a demo user mode exploit doesn't seem as important anymore, I wonder why... xP
Yoti
VIP

Post by Yoti »

some1 wrote:Hmm, I've tried injecting an ipl the size of one sector to my 8gb memory card and that didn't even work, I had to format the card, I was too lazy to reverse the damage :p
I have an TM's IPL on my 2*4gb PhotoFast-5400. Works like a charm =)
IF SOMEONE HAS AN 07G PSP-3000 PLZ CONTACT ME VIA PM.

Do not forget about adb kill-server. Really.
vonny

Post by vonny »

codestation wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:51 pm
some1 wrote:
can you please explain how this is my only lead on fixing my psp i made an account just for this

Return to “General”