Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSP GO Save files: ef0 and ms0 save file sharing

Everything that is PSP-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
Getsu

PSP GO Save files: ef0 and ms0 save file sharing

Post by Getsu »

This place seems dead, but, fingers crossed!
On PSP GOs you have internal and external memory. When you play a game from either one, the save file for that game is only stored in the same location that game is located in, either external or internal. If you move your game to the opposite location, example: internal->external, and your start your game, your save data wont be found because it is in the original location, internal memory.

In the past there was talk about the FW not being able to access both as separate devices when in game and only could access the one the game was playing from. But some suggested that this had been corrected within CFW. I have no clue if its true. And I learned that there are many plugins that can access both while in game.

I myself discovered that you only need all plugins in one location. Mine are within internal memory. But in order to use them within games that are located on the external memory, you need to copy the GAME.txt into the seplugins folder on the external memory card. Since the file is copied from the internal memory and all plugins point to the internal memory ei. ef0:/plugin/plugin.prx, when the game runs the plugins are located and either loaded or ran from the internal memory.

But this may be because they are only loaded and not directly ran from the memory, SO it is loaded before the game begins, and after the game is loaded, it may no longer have access to the internal memory. I don't really know.

But what I'm looking for is a way to either have all the saves in one location, OR a way to automatically copy new or modified saves to the counter part memory location. In other words, when it saves on the external, at some point in time, the plugin runs and checks for changes in save files and the copies (and overwrites if needed) the newest save file to the opposite save location.

Does anyone know of a solution or has the ability to make such a plugin? Thanks!
Advertising

Return to “General”