Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSP 2000 serial port in conjunction with TV out cable

Everything that is PSP-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
ste2425

PSP 2000 serial port in conjunction with TV out cable

Post by ste2425 »

Hi all

I'm planning a project where I have an Arduino communicating with my PSP via the serial port used to communicate with the headphones remote control.

I intend to use the debug SIO methods in PSPSDK demo'd here: https://github.com/pspdev/pspsdk/tree/m ... /debug/sio

However here is the tricky bit, id like to use this along side the TV component cable which both share the same port.

Looking at the following pinout it appears the tx and rx for the serial coms are separate pins and not re-used for the tv out cable thankfully.

However does anyone know if the PSP will still communicate over serial whilst the tv cable is connected, i see it has sense pins (pin 3) to detect the cable is connected. I'm hoping it doesn't as this will put a halt to my idea before its even begun!

If it doesn't disable serial i could 3d print a connector to expose the rx tx lines as well as the lines needed for the cable.

Thanks for any input!
Advertising
JWhite001

Re: PSP 2000 serial port in conjunction with TV out cable

Post by JWhite001 »

I have had something similar when I plugged the connectors in the wrong sockets on the tv. I made a custom cable to get more cable length and after that, I always confused the red audio with the red video(i marked them finally). But ofc there is a noticeable disturbance in both audio/video when that happens. You can try to fiddle around with that and see what happens.

The base of my cable comes from china, which cost $1,50 or something like that. Have been using it for years.
Advertising

Return to “General”