Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

If you like God of War and haven’t played Chains of Olympus, you are missing out

Everything that is PSP-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
reddingtongomes

If you like God of War and haven’t played Chains of Olympus, you are missing out

Post by reddingtongomes »

Just picked up my PSP 3000 again and jumped into my save game from 2017. The game is phenomenal in so many ways. The controls are tight, remapped dodge is smart and convenient with both shoulder buttons allowing you to still maneuver with the analog stick. I never really thought about the the limitations of the PSP controls and learned how the developer Ready at Dawn took the time to remap the controls intelligently. The visuals are top notch for the system. It feels like a PS2 game in so many ways and has the epic level design without any compromises. Destructible objects, cloth simulations, dynamic lighting, multiple enemy types, fun simple to complex puzzles, fun quick time events, outstanding visuals and character animation, including lip sync, fantastic camera animation overall, fixed camera angles are dynamic and zooms exactly when they need to and it’s a non issue when playing frantic fight scenes, suburb voice acting and music, multiple offensive and defensive weapons and abilities, it’s all at a super high level for any game and the fact that it is on the PSP is just another reason why this console was ahead of its time and should be treasured.
Advertising

Return to “General”