Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSP 1000 Brick - Need advice

Everything that is PSP-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
retroisbest

PSP 1000 Brick - Need advice

Post by retroisbest »

Hi all,
I have a PSP1000,

All i know is that at some point it did have CFW , No recovery menu when right trigger is held down and powered on.

The green power led turns on but no display or sound.

Same symptoms when power cable and no battery is used.

It sounds like it is bricked and i need a pandora battery to fix it.
I do not have a compatible battery to make on or a spare, can anybody suggest where i can buy either a spare battery that i can convert or a service tool battery that i can buy anywhere?

Seems like they are now out of stock everywhere.

Thankyou for all your advice!
Advertising
Butcher

Re: PSP 1000 Brick - Need advice

Post by Butcher »

SImple Brick - no reaction and green led.

Simple - u can do

1. Get some secend friend or if u have secend PSP - Must by only PSP 100x or PSP 200x (No all 200x in mobo have soft mode pandora mkae - most only that MOBO that are perm hacable CFW) on 300x-E100x psp models can do that.

And instal on that PSP need on it CFW and PSPTool program to make on PSP 100x or PSP 200x Softmoded Pandora and on it also witch program Magic Memory Stick to flash FW

or

2. Get any PSP 100x-200x-300x secend use PSP battery or some new chines and make Hard mode PSP pandora and Magic Memory stick on PC

Simple

After that - plug Battery and MMS to PSP - start and u select install FW OFW or CFW wait about 5m max and PSP will run like always normal - after that recoment update to latest FW and CFW

Then if soft pandora re change in PSP Tool on that psp or secend to normal battery then format Card and done if Hard mode Pandora also do that by sticking pins back and format card in pc or psp
Advertising
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

This isn't recommended but will absolutely work in a pinch. If you have the original PSP 1000 battery (most second hand batteries will have a different motherboard) you can simply open it up, and use a x-acto knife or razor to cut this lead.

This will turn your battery into a service battery (Pandora). To revert it back into a normal battery you can use a #2 pencil and draw where you cut, as the graphite is conductive and will re-connect what you cut.

I did this when I was like 14, and I can confirm it does work in a pinch, for more information check this out.
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

dmaskell92 wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 11:00 pm This isn't recommended but will absolutely work in a pinch. If you have the original PSP 1000 battery (most second hand batteries will have a different motherboard) you can simply open it up, and use a x-acto knife or razor to cut this lead.

This will turn your battery into a service battery (Pandora). To revert it back into a normal battery you can use a #2 pencil and draw where you cut, as the graphite is conductive and will re-connect what you cut.

I did this when I was like 14, and I can confirm it does work in a pinch, for more information check this out.

First yes some no orginal Battery have - difrent mobo some like in PSP FAT some like in PSP slim models - but most what have need use FAT or SLIM method - need to check what have inside i have some no orginal and soem look most inside diffrent but have PANDOR method like in FAT to do

And that what friend up show is for Orginal PSP Slim 200x-300x PSP battery inside - PSP FAT orginal have small up mobo and need to PULL 1 pin to not stick to get PANDOORA (SErvice mode)

For PSP 200x i recomend to not cut method - are more good methods to stop ceonection on that line the restore to use normal.

Also u can like i writed use Soft Mode Battery on other PSP - like friends PSP 100x-200x and unbrick PSP
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

It's hard to understand you, I assume you use a translator.

I wouldn't recommend lifting the pin, as some might not be comfortable with soldering to revert the process.

A #2 pencil can be found anywhere, and I'm pretty sure everyone knows how to draw.
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

Or u can broke conection not by damaging but with some stuff that broke conection of transfer on that line and after done remove that stuff and witchout damaging u have fixed no damaged battery.

But maybe first find some one witch PSP 100x-200x witch CFW and do softmoded Battery - or if not have some one to do that or 2psp - only do HArd Mode battery

Return to “General”