Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Thinking about buying a psp go

Everything that is PSP-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
myth

Thinking about buying a psp go

Post by myth »

I was once a owner of a fully hackable PSP 2000. I am now thinking about buying a psp go, however my memory says that the go can't be fully hacked (as in installing cfw permanently etc) and has a few other Homebrew (not UMD) drawbacks. Would anyone mind listing the most prominent ones,

thanks Myth.
Advertising
Legion

Re: Thinking about buying a psp go

Post by Legion »

The triggers are slightly uncomfortable.
Other than that nothing really bad.
Advertising
ali_ihsan21

Post by ali_ihsan21 »

I would buy my third PSP go today if I could find new or clean second hand but no chance. Guy who sold clean like never used PSP go for 40 $ wanted 70$ for a wreck today.
PSP-1000 6.20 16 GB Pro C-2
PSP-go 6.20 32 GB LME 2.3 White
PSP-go 6.60 24 GB Pro C-2 / LME 2.3 Black
PS Vita Slim 8 GB 3.60 Henkaku
PS TV 3.60 Henkaku 1 TB Samsung Story
Thank you RepRep, Total_Noob, Suloku, Omega2058, TheFlow
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

PSP Go is pretty awkward to hold in my opinion but I don't regret buying mine. You can install the 6.20 permanent patch so it loads CFW on boot up, but until 6.61 infinity is released that's your only option for permanent CFW. Has 16 GB built in which is nice, I've never had to worry about storage space, and the sliding hinges are actually pretty sturdy. Even though it has a small screen I'd probably recommend the Go over any other PSP model.

Bought mine second hand and the user before me scratched the screen to heck. Bought a replacement screen for dirt cheap just to not have a scratched screen... Just sad there aren't any replacement case mods for it.
reprep

Post by reprep »

Best psp model imho. I use it daily, heck i am probably obsessed with psp go. I even wrote a few plugins for it.
myth

Post by myth »

Is there a logical reason why the white seems to be worth more than the black ones? Anyone know if there rarer etc?

Can all go's be downgraded to 6.20? I did that with my 2k and found 6.20 to be more stable than 6.60 and would certianly do that with the go, however the go is a lot newer so are any to new...?

Thanks, Myth
ali_ihsan21

Post by ali_ihsan21 »

myth wrote:Is there a logical reason why the white seems to be worth more than the black ones? Anyone know if there rarer etc?

Can all go's be downgraded to 6.20? I did that with my 2k and found 6.20 to be more stable than 6.60 and would certianly do that with the go, however the go is a lot newer so are any to new...?

Thanks, Myth

Yes white is rare but instead of the 3 former monobloc design it has flaws to keep too much dirt and dust of course black one have the same design too but colour is hiding everything. Take a look at the analog's circle design and you'll understand me.
PSP-1000 6.20 16 GB Pro C-2
PSP-go 6.20 32 GB LME 2.3 White
PSP-go 6.60 24 GB Pro C-2 / LME 2.3 Black
PS Vita Slim 8 GB 3.60 Henkaku
PS TV 3.60 Henkaku 1 TB Samsung Story
Thank you RepRep, Total_Noob, Suloku, Omega2058, TheFlow
satan89

Post by satan89 »

But black shows smudges and fingerprints. A very hard decision indeed :P
I bought a white GO with yellowish brown rubber grips. I prefer it to my old PSP 2000

Return to “General”