Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Noob lost

Everything that is PSP-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
Catfish

Noob lost

Post by Catfish »

Hello everyone I just got the Dath Vader Psp and was all excited to hack it but I have no idea what I am doing. Every video or forum does a little different or are super old. Is there a hacking psp for dummies or can someone point me to the right spot that explains everything. From setting it up to getting games on it.
Thanks
Advertising
blake1211

Re: Noob lost

Post by blake1211 »

Here is what you need to do.

1.make sure you are on firmware 6.61
-if you aren't on 6.61 yet you can update through the XMB by going to settings>system update>update via internet.

2.once updated download the LME CFW
-release_661lme2.3 (OFW Version).zip extract the zip file and open to the following directory \release_661lme\PSP\GAME\

3.inside the GAME folder you will see two other folders "installer" and "launcher"
-copy both of these to the GAME folder on your memory stick

4.go to the memory stick icon under Game in the XMB and run the installer,press X to install after the restart run the launcher

5.you are now running a LCFW so lets check to see if your PSP can use a the full CFW (this lets you boot directly into the CFW)
-download pspident 0.75

6.extract the zip file,place the PSPIDENT folder into the GAME folder on your memory stick and run it
-look at what it says next to "Motherboard model" find that model in the following image (press x to exit pspident without a screenshot if you don't want one)

thanks to the Z for the image

7.in the chart if the "CFW or HEN/LCFW" row of your motherboard says 6.61ME-2.3 (lighter blue color box) then you can have full CFW. if it's 6.20ME-2.3 (purple color box) then you are done.

8.if you can use full CFW then download the following
-release_661me2.3 (OFW Version).zip

9.you may want to restart the system to get out of the LCFW (press select on the XMB and select shutdown device for a quick shutdown [or at least its faster for me])
-turn the system back on and run the LME installer again then press square to uninstall

10.extract the zip file for the ME CFW and place the "me_installer" folder in the GAME folder (delete the "installer" and "launcher" folders now too)
-run the ME installer and press x to install

you are done and can now delete the "me_installer" folder. let me know if this is hard to understand (im not a very good writer)
Advertising

Return to “General”