Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[HELP] Disable volume down button

Everything that is PSP-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
Monk9899

[HELP] Disable volume down button

Post by Monk9899 »

My volume down button is stuck and behaves like it is constantly pressed, so i am unable to increase the volume and it is stuck at 0.
I don't want to open up my psp, so is there a plugin which can disable the button in both vsh as well as game?
Advertising
:ugeek:
zakaiya

Re: [HELP] Disable volume down button

Post by zakaiya »

To my knowledge i dont know if such a plugin exists. Your best bet is to open up your psp and see if you have to reposition the button because its stuck in place. I ran into a similar problenm with my psvita trigger grips, the right side got stuck this morning and i was forced to open it up. turns out the spring kept getting jammed when i pressed down causing it to atay in plave once pressed. i opened up the grip realigned the spring and bam. it was working flawlessly and smooth.
Advertising
codestation
Big Beholder

Post by codestation »

zakaiya wrote:To my knowledge i dont know if such a plugin exists.
It exists, but i think that i never published it because it only covers a very specific use case (hardware button is stuck).

My PSP has a failure in the home button so it presses randomly. I made a plugin so make the impose driver to ignore those button presses until a button combination is made (i am too lazy to open my PSP and try to fix it :lol: ).

I don't have a working PSPSDK right now so i can't compile the plugin for you so you can:

a) download a pspsdk and compile it yourself (there is a tutorial in this forum that explain the setup of the sdk).
b) ask nicely to somebody on the PSP IRC channel to make you a favor and compile it.

The only change that you need is to modify the line 49 so it skips the event when the VOLDOWN key is pressed:

Code: Select all

if(!(curr_but & PSP_CTRL_VOLDOWN) ) {
Or bind the VOLDOWN event to a button combo so you can still use VOLDOWN:

Code: Select all

if(!(curr_but & PSP_CTRL_VOLDOWN) || ISSET(curr_but, PSP_CTRL_LTRIGGER | PSP_CTRL_START)) {
In the above example the VOLDOWN keypress is procceed only if the LTRIGGER AND START button are also pressed (you can customize it).

I guess that the plugin could be expanded to read the button to press and the optional button combo from a config file, but currently i don't have time to develop psp plugins anymore.
Attachments
imposeblk.zip
Impose block plugin
(6.06 KiB) Downloaded 271 times
Plugin list
Working on: QPSNProxy, QCMA - Open source content manager for the PS Vita
Playing: Error: ENOTIME
Repositories: github, google code
Just feel the code..
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

I just compiled and zipped it so the source is still in there :3

EDIT: I did the first option of just making it ignore the button BTW
Attachments
imposeblk.7z
(7.44 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Monk9899

Post by Monk9899 »

Thank you very much codestation and fate6.
I'll probably compile another version with a button combo, also my home button misbehaves occasionally(but not too often) so i'll add an exception for that too, and reupload if anyone needs one.
I'm hoping to get a vita soon once the price cut reaches my country, so i don't want to open up my psp unnecessarily.
again, thanks a lot :D
I might do the expansion with config file later if that's okay with you.

PS :
My institute has a filter to block most website so i use a vpn and when i try to login via vpn, the stopforumspam filter prevents me from logging in. So I have to go to the library to be able to post here. Any suggestions for this? Thanks.
:ugeek:
playerG1

Post by playerG1 »

fate6 wrote:I just compiled and zipped it so the source is still in there :3

i test it on my 1000 660 PROB-10 but it doesn't work, my vol- button still works as normal as i activate this plugin in vsh
codestation
Big Beholder

Post by codestation »

playerG1 wrote:

i test it on my 1000 660 PROB-10 but it doesn't work, my vol- button still works as normal as i activate this plugin in vsh
It works on a game? I don't remember if the sceImpose_Driver driver also loads in the XMB. If isn't the case then an additional hook is needed.
Plugin list
Just feel the code..
playerG1

Post by playerG1 »

codestation wrote:
playerG1 wrote:

It works on a game? I don't remember if the sceImpose_Driver driver also loads in the XMB. If isn't the case then an additional hook is needed.
it doesn't work on either ISO or Homebrews. i test both prx compiled by fate6 & me, same result.

Edit:

i just download the compiled prx from your signature, this one with HOME button works in GAME. i don't know how to test HOME button in VSH but HOME button works in music player.
codestation
Big Beholder

Post by codestation »

I remember now, seems like i was hooking the impose function who brings the exit game screen so it only can check for the home button and thats why won't work with other buttons.

SInce i got your hopes up i am modifying the plugin to solve your specific button problem.

brb....

EDIT: i am back.

Got my pspsdk back and made a mod of my original plugin. This should block the voldown button. I put the hook just after reading the data from syscon so it should affect ALL the psp functions who read the buttons.

Thx to the uOFW team, that reverse of the sceCtrl module helped me to find the correct function to hook.
Attachments
buttonblk.zip
button blocker
(9.03 KiB) Downloaded 437 times
Plugin list
Just feel the code..
playerG1

Post by playerG1 »

codestation wrote:I remember now, seems like i was hooking the impose function who brings the exit game screen so it only can check for the home button and thats why won't work with other buttons.

SInce i got your hopes up i am modifying the plugin to solve your specific button problem.

brb....

EDIT: i am back.

Got my pspsdk back and made a mod of my original plugin. This should block the voldown button. I put the hook just after reading the data from syscon so it should affect ALL the psp functions who read the buttons.

Thx to the uOFW team, that reverse of the sceCtrl module helped me to find the correct function to hook.
thanks, works in VSH and GAME. i try VOL+ and it also works.

Return to “General”