Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Tutorial] Installing PSP Type-B drivers without PSPDisp

Everything that is PSP-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
naki-the-curious

[Tutorial] Installing PSP Type-B drivers without PSPDisp

Post by naki-the-curious »

Hi Everyone,

Every now and again I see a thread seeking help to install the psp type-b driver (for remotejoy, usb iso loading etc) and the answer often says to install PSPDisp. Although this is an easy way to install it, it can be annoying to install something that is unrelated to the thing you want to use it for (of course it is related because it shares the driver, but you know what I mean :) ).

This Tutorial will hopefully guide you through the steps required to install the PSP Type-B driver using libusb-win32, which will install the signed driver. This will work on a 32bit and 64bit PC.

You will need:
- your psp, with the app/plugin requiring the driver to work running
- the latest libusb-win32 which can be downloaded here

Steps:

1) Download the latest libusb-win32

2) Unzip the archive, and open the "bin" folder inside the root folder.

3) open "Inf-wizard"

4) Connect your PSP running the app/plugin that requires Type-B. Ignore all promps/warnings that the driver doesn't exist.

5) click next, then highlight the option "PSP Type-B", then click next (if it is not shown, then quit the program and connect the PSP before you start Inf-wizard)

6) on the next screen, don't change anything, just click next

7) When you click next Inf-wizard will prompt you to choose a save location, so just select your desired location and click save

8) On the next screen, click install driver. Accept all prompts from windows. make sure you click the option "install driver anyway", I assure you, its safe. (picture shown)

9) When it has finished, click done and BAM! you've installed the PSP Type-B driver that seems to be dreaded by the community! :) (I think you can delete all of the folders created by the app, because the driver does not need them)

10) Enjoy!

Credits:
Creators of libusb-win
piccolo33 for his tutorial on "The Custom PSP blog", a japanese blog that has helped me out alot (カスタムなPSPblog)
The community here at wololo.net/talk :)

Notes:
Feel free to copy this tutorial to another wibsite, just make sure you put my name in the credits, and add a link to this page.
If I have anything wrong, just comment!

Thanks for reading!
Advertising
Last edited by naki-the-curious on Fri May 03, 2013 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
my stuff
  • PSP 3000 White (03g) - Dual Boot (6.60 Pro-C2 and LME 1.8)
  • PSP 2000 Simpsons Ed. - 6.60 ME 1.8
  • PS Vita Cosmic Red - FW3.01
  • Sony Vaio E-Series Laptop White
  • Samsung Galaxy S4 International (Rooted)
JJS
Big Beholder

Re: [Tutorial] Installing PSP Type-B drivers without PSPDisp

Post by JJS »

You can download the bare driver from http://jjs.at/software/PSP_Type_B_libusb_1.2.2.0.zip

It is the same one that is bundled with PSPdisp. Also you don't have to install the whole of it, just uncheck everything but the libusb driver in the setup options. Then nothing else will be installed.

Edit: Using PSPdisp has the added bonus that the setup program preinstalls the driver. This means that the next time you plug in the PSP, Windows already knows where to find the driver and automatically installs it.
Advertising
naki-the-curious

JJS wrote:You can download the bare driver from http://jjs.at/software/PSP_Type_B_libusb_1.2.2.0.zip

It is the same one that is bundled with PSPdisp. Also you don't have to install the whole of it, just uncheck everything but the libusb driver in the setup options. Then nothing else will be installed.

Edit: Using PSPdisp has the added bonus that the setup program preinstalls the driver. This means that the next time you plug in the PSP, Windows already knows where to find the driver and automatically installs it.
I guess you're right, but I always think its good to have a few options :)
my stuff
JJS
Big Beholder

Post by JJS »

Sure, no problem. Your method has the benefit that it uses the current version of libusb. The one bundled with PSPdisp works fine, but it is not the latest so it misses out on potential bug fixes in the current version.

And it is always good to explain stuff instead of "magic!".
vipermancer

Post by vipermancer »

first sorry im noob here. and i want to use remotejoy for psp. the problem is, my pc never detect that PSP type b. so i search google and come to ur post, and again I have trouble T_T
the problem is :

"5) click next, then highlight the option "PSP Type-B", then click next (if it is not shown, then quit the program and connect the PSP before you start Inf-wizard)"

the "PSP type-B" option is not in the list!! my pc only detect my psp, when i turn it into usb mode.
im using windows xp 32bit (sadly)..
please help me..T_T
naki-the-curious

vipermancer wrote:i turn it into usb mode.
i think this is the problem, since when you put the psp in usb mode the pc detects it as psp type-a. try this:

Enable remotejoylite in the vsh (if you don't know how to use a plugin just reply in this thread ans I will go through it), then reset vsh from vsh menu (select button)

then, connect the usb to the psp, without going into usb mode. the psp will not react, but the pc should recognise a device, and then follow the tutorial from step 5.

good luck! :)
my stuff
vipermancer

Post by vipermancer »

well, i have done this steps :

1. i go to pro vsh menu by pressing select button, then im go to recovery menu ->
2. then Plugins ->
3. then i enable RemoteJoylite.prx [VSH] RemoteJoyLite.prx [GAME] and RemoteJoyLite.prx [POPS]
4. i press back then reset VSH

then, i connect the usb to the psp, but still the pc detects it as psp type-a (my psp always going to usb mode when i connect the usb cable, u say "the psp will not react" but my psp always react T_T)

so i press the O button to back from the usb mode, but in inf-wizard.exe the psp typeb still not exist.

what should i do now :oops:

and for more information. im using system software 6.20 PRO-B4
daho

Post by daho »

have you tried turning off the "USB Auto Connect" Option in system settings in psp ?

sry for my bad english ;//
naki-the-curious

daho wrote:have you tried turning off the "USB Auto Connect" Option in system settings in psp ?

sry for my bad english ;//
yeah, try this and see if it works, if it doesnt then try installing it via the PSPDisp installer (untick everything exept Type-B).
my stuff
zlinkzer

Post by zlinkzer »

I have windows 10. Every time I try to get the drivers to work, it says "The Third-Party INF does not contain digital signature information." Help?

Return to “General”