Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] NZP 1.0 Soundpack Alpha 0.2 [UPDATED]

Most of the homebrews discussed in this forum can be downloaded here
MooMooMan

[RELEASE] NZP 1.0 Soundpack Alpha 0.2 [UPDATED]

Post by MooMooMan » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:12 am

SCROLL TO BOTTOM OF POST FOR LATEST VERSION
Recently there was a new release of NZP, the 1.0 demo which is no doubt below this thread, and while it is a GREAT rebuild of the whole game, it turns out that soundpack support and various other goods are just not there... And no, using a normal soundpack will not work, the file names and folders are different. So I took it apon my self to create my own soundpack, because let's face it... The game sounds like ****.

And no, this is not done, not by a long shot, but it is a glimpse at what is to come. I guess this is the version 0.1 of the soundpack if you will, many things are unchanged, and the many of the ones that are have issues(mostly being too quiet which I will fix in 0.5 had to bump forward, problem is bigger than it seems).

List of changes :
Some weapons have original sounds from CoD WaW
Zombies have more realistic sounds, again from CoD WaW
Knifing has original sounds, and therefore sounds MUCH better.

List of weapons with new sounds (all just have different shooting sounds, it's much harder to change the reload sounds because a reload "sound" is actually 3 different files :( )
Colt - Perfect Sound, not too quiet, not too loud
Kar 98 - Sounds better, but too quiet
351 "Python" - Sounds perfectly fine
Bar - Original sounds from WaW, but is too quiet and uses the wrong gun, since i could not find the Bar files
Shotgun - The shotguns all actually use one sound, so I changed it from that surprisingly decent shotgun sound to a trenchgun firing, which again, sound much better
Thompson - Original from WaW, but too quiet

Other things I have changed :
Barrier sounds - WAY TOO LOUD, I seriously don't know what happened, but keep your volume lower when rebuilding those things, I need to work on that!
Grenade throwing "priming" has original sounds from WaW.
As I have stated before, some zombie moans have been changed, however, I could not change them all because the new build of NZP uses far more zombie moans, even more than Waw, so I must tamper around a bit to fix those.

And just to make this clear ONE LAST TIME. This sound pack is for the NEW NZP build only! You can find the build below this thread. Do not use this soundpack on any other version of NZP, it will **NOT** work!

I hope you guys enjoy, I spent the better part of 3 hours scr..ing around trying to figure out what to convert the original sounds to and this and that blah blah blah.
Download for the prebuilt game with the soundpack : http://www.mediafire.com/download/p08g2 ... ortable.7z

Download to the soundpack that can be spliced into an existing copy of NZP : http://www.mediafire.com/download/f8117 ... m/sound.7z

Hope you guys like it. The game feels much better with the different sounds and whatnot. Please report any issues not stated above, as I plan on improving this in the following weeks.

Also, due to the fact that many of the new sounds are much bigger than the old ones, NZP may not run on the PSP 1000 anymore, but I am unsure as I do not own a 1000, so if anybody wants to test with one they can. For best performance of NZP please enable high memory layout in the recovery menu, it really helps.
*--UPDATE--*
I am now going to release version 0.2, as I have made many fixes, and yes, that includes the barrier sound issue where it's too dang loud.
List of changes :
Mystery box from WaW
Radio music is the main menu theme from Black Ops
End game theme is from original WaW soundtrack, yes I was able to fit it in! :)
Barrier building is now 50% quieter - Much more pleasing on the ears
Round Intro/ Outro sounds from Black Ops/WaW

Download links to 0.2 :
Full game : http://www.mediafire.com/download/i1ga4 ... able0.2.7z
Standalone soundpack : http://www.mediafire.com/download/appoe ... /sound2.7z

To do :
Fully fix barrier sounds
Figure out how to disable the 3 sound reload and use one sound file for reloads
Find correct sounds for the Bar
Find suitable replacement for sounds in main menu
Put original Black Ops main menu theme as PSP homescreen overview of the game

Also, this is not really sound related, but I may work on a workaround so custom maps for the older NZP builds work on the NZP, if anybody could help, that would be great.
Advertising
Last edited by MooMooMan on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ps Vita 1000 3.60 HenKaku
PSP 3000 03g 6.20 LME 2.3 Perm (Black)
PSP 3000 03g 6.20 LME 2.3 Perm (Silver)

MooMooMan

Re: [RELEASE] NZP 1.0 Soundpack Alpha 0.1

Post by MooMooMan » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:17 am

And before anybody comments "It's easy to change sounds, nobody needs this!"

The PSP has very little RAM to work with. 64MB on the 2000 and 3000, and 32MB on the 1000. This makes it very hard for a game like NZP to exist, and being careful about what you try to put in the game is VERY important.

The sad fact of the matter is that NZP only accepts certain sound formats, 16bit streams, and very small file sizes. (Less than 5MB)

It also only accepts wav files for the majority of things the game is going to be using.

So please keep that in mind when it seems like I didn't change much, it's not as easy as it seems! Thanks guys! :P

If anybody would like to help me, just PM me and we can work together. I hate doing this **** alone.
Advertising

Joel16

Post by Joel16 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:33 pm

Since you were saying this needed to be part of a blog post on another thread. Just so you know we (I) did write a top 10 PSP homebrews of the year (2014) a while ago, and this took number 1.
"Forever in darkness, a guardian devil."

MooMooMan

Post by MooMooMan » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:12 am

sauske_firekid wrote:Since you were saying this needed to be part of a blog post on another thread. Just so you know we (I) did write a top 10 PSP homebrews of the year (2014) a while ago, and this took number 1.
Haha, awesome! This game really deserves it. Have you tried the soundpack? I am starting to fear that the PSP section is too far gone for work like this...

Joel16

Post by Joel16 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:56 am

MooMooMan wrote:
sauske_firekid wrote:Since you were saying this needed to be part of a blog post on another thread. Just so you know we (I) did write a top 10 PSP homebrews of the year (2014) a while ago, and this took number 1.
Haha, awesome! This game really deserves it. Have you tried the soundpack? I am starting to fear that the PSP section is too far gone for work like this...
No I haven't tried it cause I'm quite busy with my life ATM. Yeah the PSP scene has quieted down a lot recently, but that shouldn't stop you from doing what you like. Some day, some guy's gonna dig this up, and he's gonna be happy you took your time out to work on this. I'm sure it wont be just one person. In fact certain people still work on PS2 and other older console homebrews, so why give up on the PSP?

Edit: Just tried it on PPSSPP, sounds pretty good :)

MooMooMan

Post by MooMooMan » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:11 am

sauske_firekid wrote:
MooMooMan wrote:
No I haven't tried it cause I'm quite busy with my life ATM. Yeah the PSP scene has quieted down a lot recently, but that shouldn't stop you from doing what you like. Some day, some guy's gonna dig this up, and he's gonna be happy you took your time out to work on this. I'm sure it wont be just one person. In fact certain people still work on PS2 and other older console homebrews, so why give up on the PSP?

Edit: Just tried it on PPSSPP, sounds pretty good :)
Big issue I discovered though, it works GREAT on PPSSPP, a real PSP.. Not so much. I think I added too many larger sound files, and now the PSP is constantly grabbing files because it can't hold them all at once. :/ I might have to take down 0.2 and leave it at 0.1 ... I guess the devs did this for a reason, even with 64MB of unlocked RAM, the game is still being a pain in the ***. Maybe I should try 6.60 and not 6.20 and use "force high memory layout" and see if that will help. I'm not sure whether NZP is using all 64 or not, it doesn't seem like it is.

Is there any way to check?

Joel16

Post by Joel16 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:58 pm

MooMooMan wrote: Is there any way to check?
Well if it has PSP_HEAP_SIZE_MAX(); or PSP_HEAP_SIZE_KB(-1);

And it has PSP_LARGE_MEMORY = 1 or something like that in the makefile then yeah its using the full 52 MB I believe that's available. Since some of it is used in kernel.

MooMooMan

Post by MooMooMan » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:43 am

sauske_firekid wrote:
MooMooMan wrote: Is there any way to check?
Well if it has PSP_HEAP_SIZE_MAX(); or PSP_HEAP_SIZE_KB(-1);

And it has PSP_LARGE_MEMORY = 1 or something like that in the makefile then yeah its using the full 52 MB I believe that's available. Since some of it is used in kernel.
How would I find out if it uses that?
Also, I'm going to trim some of the sound files so the PSP isn't so bogged down, hopefully I can get it to use all 64MB... But that would kill PSP 1000 support, so I would have to keep two versions up. Oh well, I can do it.

Return to “Homebrews”