Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Release] [Beta] uOFW Custom Module Installer w/ Source

Most of the homebrews discussed in this forum can be downloaded here
Omega2058
Developer

[Release] [Beta] uOFW Custom Module Installer w/ Source

Post by Omega2058 »

Hi, I decided to update the uOFW module installer since the current one is outdated (around a year old-ish) and it installs 6.60 PRO-B10 by default before allowing you to install your own custom modules. Addition features were put in as well.

uOFW Module Installer allows you to install and load your own custom modules to flash0. It's useful if you reverse engineer an official module, recompile it and then want to check if it runs properly. On the other hand you can also make it do whatever you want it to, which can be interesting in some cases.

On the other hand it is also useful if you want to run a custom module after a specific one (For example say you want "dummy.prx" to run before "usersystemlib.prx" in the pspbtcnf module).

This is aimed more towards the technical side of things. A lot of stuff might be misunderstood or not understood at all. So it might not mean much to the average user. D:

The binary as well as the source is provided below. This was patched so it only supports 6.60, with any model.
Changelog:
--------------------
[!] No longer installs 6.60 PRO-B10 when trying to install your own modules.
[+] Colors added to make it easier to read.
[+] Disabled modules are now removed from flash0.
[+] Rebooting back to OFW now removes unused modules in flash0.
Here's a run down of the boot process (Taken from the current uOFW readme).
Boot process:
------------------------
- PXE/Launcher: launcher PBP, starts the exploit -> kernel\_permission\_call()
patches loadexec for it to run our own PXE/RebootEX, and then uses
sceKernelExitGame() to run it.
- PXE/RebootexPXE: patches reboot in order to add the fake "hen.prx" in the
module list (when it is read, it actually reads SystemControlPXE) and patch
reboot's loadcore to be able to run it.
- PXE/SystemControlPXE: patches loadcore, modulemgr, memlmd in order to run
unencrypted modules; patches sceLoadExec (at the time of running
sceMediaSync) and vsh\_module in order to run the installer instead of them.
the list.txt file inside of the "uofw" directory which is inside of the bin folder is your bread and butter for this to work.
The following is an example of what the list.txt looks like if you wanted to replace the official copy of led.prx with your own.
Also it shows how to have a custom module (dummy.prx) run before usersystemlib.prx.
List.txt example:
---------------------------
; Lines starting with ; are comments
[replace]
led.prx
; modules to replace with your own version (don't put the "<>" in the ;file)
; they must be with the same name in the uofw directory and will replace ;in pspbtcnf the module at "/kd/<module>.prx"
;<module>.prx
;[add]
; insert modules
; here, <new_module>.prx is inserted right before <next_module>.prx in pspbtcnf
;<new_module>.prx <next_module>.prx
[add]
dummy.prx usersystemlib.prx
Loading of the list.txt:

I modded a module reversed by Almost (led.prx) that can be tested to see how it all works (it turns the WLAN and MS2 LED's on permanently), just run the Installer and enable it. Also, a picture is provided below.

Led.prx mod test:

Here is a link to the uOFW repo. These are modules you can compile and install using this installer: https://github.com/uofw/uofw
Here is a link to the modules are currently working/nonworking (Some modules listed as working do not work, be aware of that): https://github.com/uofw/uofw/wiki/Curre ... les-Status
Here is a link to the modules which are loaded at boot time: https://github.com/uofw/uofw/wiki/Firmware-Boot-Process
Sources and stuff:
---------------------
*) The folders you need to be looking at respectively are "./Installer" (The installer menu),
"./PXE/SystemControlPXE" (Sets up configuration and applies patches),
"./PXE/RebootexPXE" (The actual Reboot Extender),
"./PXE/Launcher" (The PBP which launches the exploit).

*) The source is pre-set to make it easier for people who wish to try and compile the thing on their own, so if you ever want to make changes to the menu, go to the Installer folder, modify, recompile, gz it, bin2c the gz copy, drag it into the Launcher folder, make clean, make and you're done.
Usage:
---------------------------
*) Copy the contents "inside" of the bin directory into the root of your memory stick.
NOTES:
------------
*) If this installer does NOT work, try again using the original installer included in the binary, otherwise ignore this. This confirms whether it's an issue with the installer itself and will help with bug fixing in the future.
*) Modules which have been installed will still running when launching games/homebrew
*) For those who want to take shortcuts, resetting the VSH/suspending the device won't cause the custom modules to unload themselves
*) Resetting the device will unload everything (Also will put you back in OFW if you don't have CIPL)
*) If you're worried your module won't work and you accidently install it, in most cases the PSP will just freeze up on you so you can try again
*) Until I talk to Felix/artart, this won't be in the main repository.
Credits
--------
The PRO Team and the uOFW team for all of their work thus far to make this possible.
Source: https://github.com/Omega2058/custom-uOF ... -Installer
Binary : Download

Edit: Updated notes (Read the first point please~) . Added links to the uOFW repo, current module list, and modules loaded at boot time. Also, the original installer is now included in the binary.
Advertising
Last edited by Omega2058 on Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
qwikrazor87
Guru

Re: [Release] uOFW Custom Module Installer w/ Source

Post by qwikrazor87 »

Awesome, thanks for sharing. :)
I just tried it out with ctrl.prx from the master branch on uOFW repo, froze my PSP 3000. D:

Edit:
the led.prx you provided doesn't work for me either, just stays on a black screen after rebooting. :?:
Advertising
PSP 2001 - TA-085 - 6.61 PRO-C2
PS Vita 3G - PCH-1101 - 3.65 HENkaku Ensō
Alcatel phone - Android 8.1.0
Laptop - Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5974 - Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
Omega2058
Developer

Post by Omega2058 »

Oops, the led.prx I modded was only for the PSPGO. I meant to use the original in the binary.

ctrl.prx is listed under working status, but it also freezes for me too. Both on the old installer and this one as well. Someone goofed. :(

Edit: Reupped the original non-modded led.prx in the binary, it should work as intended now ( Hopefully D: ).

Edit 2: spelling.
Felix-Dev
Developer

Post by Felix-Dev »

The controller module (ctrl.prx) is indeed supposed to be working. That's quite some odd news both of you provided. I'll look into this issue once I have some free time, expect an update in this thread here as soon as I got some results.
qwikrazor87
Guru

Post by qwikrazor87 »

Felix-Dev wrote:The controller module (ctrl.prx) is indeed supposed to be working. That's quite some odd news both of you provided. I'll look into this issue once I have some free time, expect an update in this thread here as soon as I got some results.
My bad, I just tested ctrl.prx with the original installer and it's working fine now on my PSP 3000, confirmed by reversing the left and right buttons.
Omega2058
Developer

Post by Omega2058 »

Thanks for letting us know about that. Since you made changes, can you try with this installer? I want to smooth out all the bugs if any exist.
qwikrazor87
Guru

Post by qwikrazor87 »

Omega2058 wrote:Thanks for letting us know about that. Since you made changes, can you try with this installer? I want to smooth out all the bugs if any exist.
Still crashes on on a black screen after rebooting. :(
Omega2058
Developer

Post by Omega2058 »

qwikrazor87 wrote:
Omega2058 wrote:Thanks for letting us know about that. Since you made changes, can you try with this installer? I want to smooth out all the bugs if any exist.
Still crashes on on a black screen after rebooting. :(
Hmmm alright. I'm definitely going to look into this.
MadZiontist

Post by MadZiontist »

Wow. uOFW is finally released. Cool stuff.
PSP Star Wars 2001 TA-085v1 32GB 6.60 ME-2.3
PSV 1001 3G 64GB 3.60 HENkaku Enso
PSTV 64GB
Omega2058
Developer

Post by Omega2058 »

MadZiontist wrote:Wow. uOFW is finally released. Cool stuff.
It's still far from complete and it'll take a while to reverse everything. But it'll be worth it in the end! :)

Return to “Homebrews”