Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] Nibbler

Most of the homebrews discussed in this forum can be downloaded here
Mateus

Re: [RELEASE] Nibbler

Post by Mateus »

I always liked this kind of game when the snake is eating objects and Keeping growing up,i was a bit disapointed there was no game of this kind on PSP,but now,there is one,so it's nice.
Advertising
fouadtjuhmaster

Post by fouadtjuhmaster »

DRM on a PSP Homebrew game?
Insoft wrote:I dont kno hw to hmbrewz
Advertising
Insoft

Post by Insoft »

fouadtjuhmaster wrote:DRM on a PSP Homebrew game?
I think not, no DRM for Nibbler v1.1
Insoft
Games for iOS & PlayStation Portable (PS Vita Compatible)
Downloads on Wololo Nifty Lifty
Dropbox
Mateus

Post by Mateus »

hi insoft,there is something you should change,it's about the timing when worm take a direction.Can you make the worm turn in the direction we take before it take it ?

I mean,when i'm pressing left,th worm don't turn immediately on left,we must press the Arrow once he can turn,however,it would b nice if we could,you know

the worm ------- if i want he go down,i just press the down Arrow,and he will down,you understand ? i think i don't say it i a good way,but i think you understand,it looks like it's programming like the worm take a direction JUST in the moment of a free space for the direction,it can't go in the way you asked while he walk,we should change it for a better gameplay,cause,in the Fast levels like the 9

it's very hard for eating all apples,because of this.Thanks.Appart it,it's fun to play.
Insoft

Post by Insoft »

Mateus wrote:hi insoft,there is something you should change,it's about the timing when worm take a direction.Can you make the worm turn in the direction we take before it take it ?

I mean,when i'm pressing left,th worm don't turn immediately on left,we must press the Arrow once he can turn,however,it would b nice if we could,you know

the worm ------- if i want he go down,i just press the down Arrow,and he will down,you understand ? i think i don't say it i a good way,but i think you understand,it looks like it's programming like the worm take a direction JUST in the moment of a free space for the direction,it can't go in the way you asked while he walk,we should change it for a better gameplay,cause,in the Fast levels like the 9

it's very hard for eating all apples,because of this.Thanks.Appart it,it's fun to play.
It is interesting you bringing this up as it one of the things I am looking into for v1.2, didn't have time to sort it out in v1.1 due to the time dressing up the levels graphically, I never was happy with the response even for the iOS version and have been looking at remembering the last 2 or more directions for when the worm moves very fast on the higher levels, like a fifo buffer for directions to go in.

So it is getting worked on and if any other issues you find please let me know.
Thanks.
Insoft
Dropbox
Mateus

Post by Mateus »

okay,i'll do.Also,about the power Up,how does it work ? i mean,it looks like there are differents power,isn't it ? one make you worm slowlier,another made the apple to a different colour,is this random ?
Insoft

Post by Insoft »

I will add a screen describing every power up and how many points you get for apples, chery etc...
go from the normal title slash screen to the description screen, back and forth

Also later on I will give out the info on the settings.dat file, with a hex editor you can alter say lives, even infinite if you fancy, and other stuff.
The main purpose with the file was debugging and testing.
Insoft
Dropbox
Mateus

Post by Mateus »

ok,that's good.Thanks
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Insoft wrote:
fouadtjuhmaster wrote:DRM on a PSP Homebrew game?
I think not, no DRM for Nibbler v1.1
Thank you ;_;

Now I will gladly give this a try, I love the classic Snake game so lets see how this compares.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Insoft

Post by Insoft »

If you have been on the website the past hour or so you may have notice issues as I was updating the site.
The site section for downloads is finished, i hope.

I have simply made it simple as can be, if you are a PSP user you simply download the PSP version, this simply is a zip file that you extract a folder from that contains all the files and place in your ms0:/psp/game folder, simple

The other is for VITA users were you simply download a zip file that is ready to be placed onto your VITA, simple

forCFW users for PSP you will see a folder CFW that folder contains the unsigned version of the EBOOT.PBP file.

You can enquire about any tools for creating your own TMBs e.g. LEV01.ROM files for Nibbler on the website.
Insoft
Dropbox

Return to “Homebrews”