Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] Nifty Lifty

Most of the homebrews discussed in this forum can be downloaded here
fouadtjuhmaster

Re: [RELEASE] Nifty Lifty

Post by fouadtjuhmaster »

noname120 wrote:
as you just don't know if you are downloading the game or malware
Come on... Neither do we know you, you can do this just like anyone. Seriously, in the whole PSP homebrewing history, I don't remember any homebrew that did brick a PSP on purpose...

Why are you so strict about your homebrew copyright? Usually PSP devs won't care if someone uploads their homebrew somewhere else, in fact many give the source code of their homebrews.

EDIT: Oh, I see, it's also available on the Apple Store.
Like... Is it even possible to copyright a PSP Homebrew? If you make a PSP Mini out of it, it would be whole new dtory, but I haven't really see anyone copyright a PSP Homebrew ..
Insoft wrote:Just to note that if anyone did upload this game on another server, it will only work for a short time and may brick your device as you just don't know if you are downloading the game or malware.
That really doesn't make any sense too be honest.. Your server should be as "unsafe" as the rest..
Advertising
Joel16

Post by Joel16 »

fouadtjuhmaster wrote:
noname120 wrote:
as you just don't know if you are downloading the game or malware
Come on... Neither do we know you, you can do this just like anyone. Seriously, in the whole PSP homebrewing history, I don't remember any homebrew that did brick a PSP on purpose...

Why are you so strict about your homebrew copyright? Usually PSP devs won't care if someone uploads their homebrew somewhere else, in fact many give the source code of their homebrews.

EDIT: Oh, I see, it's also available on the Apple Store.
Like... Is it even possible to copyright a PSP Homebrew? If you make a PSP Mini out of it, it would be whole new dtory, but I haven't really see anyone copyright a PSP Homebrew ..
Insoft wrote:Just to note that if anyone did upload this game on another server, it will only work for a short time and may brick your device as you just don't know if you are downloading the game or malware.
That really doesn't make any sense too be honest.. Your server should be as "unsafe" as the rest..
Actually people do copyright their homebrews. I've seen froestegator's on his "PSP Everest" app.
Advertising
"Forever in darkness, a guardian devil."
Insoft

Post by Insoft »

You automatically hold a copyright in anything you create.
But by registering it legally, you can protect it
Insoft
Games for iOS & PlayStation Portable (PS Vita Compatible)
Downloads on Wololo Nifty Lifty
Dropbox
fouadtjuhmaster

Post by fouadtjuhmaster »

sauske_firekid wrote:Actually people do copyright their homebrews. I've seen froestegator's on his "PSP Everest" app.
It didn't stop from people placing it on their servers though..
Insoft

Post by Insoft »

fouadtjuhmaster wrote:
sauske_firekid wrote:Actually people do copyright their homebrews. I've seen froestegator's on his "PSP Everest" app.
It didn't stop from people placing it on their servers though..

This one stops people placing it on their server.
They may host it but it will soon stop working after 24 hours or less depending on the DRM, so anyone thinking about it you will just be wasting your time and anyone that downloads it so please don't try
Insoft
Games for iOS & PlayStation Portable (PS Vita Compatible)
Downloads on Wololo Nifty Lifty
Dropbox
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Post by SMOKE »

So you coded it to self-destruct if it was hosted on another site?
jc_gargma
Retired Mod

Post by jc_gargma »

I think this has gone on long enough.
Insoft wrote:Please note that this version is for UK users only and you must have the correct date on your PSP or it will not launch.
Insoft wrote:They may host it but it will soon stop working after 24 hours or less depending on the DRM
Asking others not to host is one thing, but region locking a free homebrew is a joke, and inserting drm with suicide code is flat out malware.
Those are rare things in the PSP scene, and not something to be proud of.

I mean, your homebrew is free. If you were this worried about cannibalizing your iOS sales, you should never have released a free version.
To require users jump though hoops to use a free homebrew, and make veiled threats if they don't do as you ask, is insulting.

Since this, in all, is just a malware laced "demo" edition to boost sales for your iOS version, I see no reason to allow it to remain.

lol
Insoft wrote:This is not malware, and it has no self destruct code what so ever, DRM is used to protect intellectual property from being hosted by someone else to be used for one to gain more hits to his or her site in order to promote his or her product, they are loads of reasons to protect ones work and the only way one can protect software is SN, Activation, DRM etc...

All that was going on here was a debate.
I just made it clear that my software will simply stop working if hosted just in case someone desided to host it to put it to the test and would of just annoyed anyone not knowing about the DRM in this software and think it simply dosn't work, and while malware has never happened on the PSP dosn't mean that it will never get malware someday so that is another reason to keep controll and make clear to users that the official site is the only option and they will be safe 100%

Also since you made the claim this is malware I request you amend your post for legal resons.
Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Post by Xian Nox »

What I would like to point out: there are no terms of service bundled with your download and there are no terms of service on your website. I am no lawyer, but in what world do you think you can go around making claims like "you cannot host it on your server" when you have utterly failed to inform of the full license before one has downloaded the archive? What a joke.
Insoft wrote:All that was going on here was a debate.
And we ended this debate. No, we do not accept your suicide code. No, we do not accept your unreasonable requests. No, we do not accept your questionable ideas about copyright. So if you want free advertising for your iOS game, go somewhere else.
Insoft wrote:the only way one can protect software is SN, Activation, DRM etc...
GOG and CDProjekt Red would like to have a word with you...

Regarding your threats to one of our fellow moderator: since I also claim your DRM is malware, come and get me.

Return to “Homebrews”