Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

HomebrewStore

Most of the homebrews discussed in this forum can be downloaded here
afrothunder

Re: HomebrewStore

Post by afrothunder »

noname120 wrote:Sorry, but I think that the app for iphone is more than .... useless.

But I like the hbstore !
An ideal use case for the iOS app is checking the Store on the go(like from a bus or something similar) for new titles, and easily prepare them for download when you get home.
Advertising
noname120
Developer

Post by noname120 »

Ok, but what can be really usefull is that the iphone download them and connect to the psp by game sharing (doesn't exist on iphone maybe port it), and send these items.
In this case is that usefull !

Thank for your store.

Suggestion : add the last iso tool signed version into the hbstore : link : http://www.duckload.com/download/526624 ... l_1975.zip
I don't use "submit" beacause there are too much fields, and I haven't the time to.

Sorry for my bad English !
Advertising
Funny stuff
<yifanlu> I enjoy being loud and obnoxious
<yifanlu> rooting an android is like getting a hooker pregnant
<xerpi> I sometimes think I should leave all this stressing **** and be a farmer instead
stan450

Post by stan450 »

For the first time I noticed that this thing doesn't have an options menu.You could put it like "press L+R to open options", where you could add/disable/enable live patches, change themes, change default sorting options, set max download speed,etc...
I don't think this is hard to do... if it is,..........................................................................................
EDIT : ooohhh... can you make an android app? please?
Long Time, but still surprised to see PRO C is not out!
PSP mobo:Ta 93v1
afrothunder

Post by afrothunder »

stan450 wrote:For the first time I noticed that this thing doesn't have an options menu.You could put it like "press L+R to open options", where you could add/disable/enable live patches, change themes, change default sorting options, set max download speed,etc...
I don't think this is hard to do... if it is,..........................................................................................
I've been thinking up an options system for a while but as of now there wouldn't be much use.

Some comments to your examples:
"add/disable/enable live patches"
Alteration of any kind to the LivePatch functionality can impair your ability to properly use the HomebrewStore or connect to the HomebrewStore Network.
Since updates are forced, the HomebrewStore's networking protocol only has certain base functionality between all HomebrewStore versions, and after that expects you to be using the latest version. Disabled or outdated LivePatches can have many side-effects such as missing or inoperable features and incorrect content keys.

If it is not yet clear, doing anything to stop LivePatches from working is a very bad idea :twisted:
(on a related note, the current version can as of now still operate without being fed a LivePatch, even though it is being served one 8-) )

"set max download speed"
The PSP can't download quickly in the first place(items that take over 5 minutes to install on PSP complete in less than a minute on the PC client) so why would you wan't to limit it?

"change default sorting options" and "change themes"
Both of these may come in the future.

About android...
The webapp used on iOS can work on Android. Access is just not enabled at this time due to lack of proper testing. Testing is very important to us :)
stan450

Post by stan450 »

afrothunder wrote:
stan450 wrote:For the first time I noticed that this thing doesn't have an options menu.You could put it like "press L+R to open options", where you could add/disable/enable live patches, change themes, change default sorting options, set max download speed,etc...
I've been thinking up an options system for a while but as of now there wouldn't be much use.

Some comments to your examples:
"add/disable/enable live patches"
Alteration of any kind to the LivePatch functionality can impair your ability to properly use the HomebrewStore or connect to the HomebrewStore Network.
Since updates are forced, the HomebrewStore's networking protocol only has certain base functionality between all HomebrewStore versions, and after that expects you to be using the latest version. Disabled or outdated LivePatches can have many side-effects such as missing or inoperable features and incorrect content keys.

If it is not yet clear, doing anything to stop LivePatches from working is a very bad idea :twisted:
(on a related note, the current version can as of now still operate without being fed a LivePatch, even though it is being served one 8-) )

"set max download speed"
The PSP can't download quickly in the first place(items that take over 5 minutes to install on PSP complete in less than a minute on the PC client) so why would you wan't to limit it?

"change default sorting options" and "change themes"
Both of these may come in the future.

About android...
The webapp used on iOS can work on Android. Access is just not enabled at this time due to lack of proper testing. Testing is very important to us :)
About the LivePatches, you removed the ETA one, so if a person weanted eta he could activate it from options.
The PSP has always been fast enough for me.I have a 4Mbits/s connection and it downloads full speed. I don't know if others experience speed problems.
I can't test the android app coz the phone's not completely mine...
Long Time, but still surprised to see PRO C is not out!
PSP mobo:Ta 93v1
afrothunder

Post by afrothunder »

stan450 wrote:About the LivePatches, you removed the ETA one, so if a person weanted eta he could activate it from options.
ETA was removed when 2.50 was released because it wasn't functioning properly. It will return when it does ;)

Note that there arent separate LivePatches for features, there is only one "latest" LivePatch with everything you need to use the Store's newest features in.
General Jewel

Post by General Jewel »

That is true, the ETA came up messed up with jumbled text overlapping. Glad you removed it, but if it does return hope it is in a working state.
afrothunder

Post by afrothunder »

Developers interested in using the HomebrewStore for their content should look at this post: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=6061&p=67810#p67810
The Z
VIP

Post by The Z »

Homebrews for the Homebrew Store:

Bookr 8.2 (new version ^^)
PSP Filer 6.6 (best of all!)
Maybe HBL? ^^
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞
afrothunder

Post by afrothunder »

The Z wrote:Homebrews for the Homebrew Store:

Bookr 8.2 (new version ^^)
PSP Filer 6.6 (best of all!)
Maybe HBL? ^^
The version of Bookr on the HomebrewStore currently was modified by us to be OFW compatible, it wasn't a simple signing. It is unlikely that we will make the effort to update it to 8.2, which isn't well covered by the usual homebrew outlets and has minimal changes.

The others will be looked into but off of the top of my head I think PSP Filer does some things that OFW doesn't like.

Return to “Homebrews”