Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

ofw HomeBrew list

Most of the homebrews discussed in this forum can be downloaded here
wololo
Site Admin

Re: ofw HomeBrew list

Post by wololo »

Yeah, well, I guess the encryption/decryption algorithm from Kirk could be reimplemented in VHBL now, which could be one step further to run isos in user mode, but yeah, when hbl was created, the kirk algorithms hadn't been reverse engineered, and the concept of signed homebrews did not exist.
Advertising
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
JeoWay

Post by JeoWay »

:trollface: :lol:
Advertising
Intel Core i7 4770K @4.7Ghz
MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard
32GB Corsair Vengeance PRO RAM
Radeon 7950 OC DD (XFX)
Corsair H100i Water Cooling
Corsair HX1050 PSU
Corsair 900D
1TB WD Blue - 128GB 840 PRO SSD
BenQ XL2420TE Gaming Monitor
pspfanMOHH

Post by pspfanMOHH »

This thread brings back good old memories.
10 years young!
JeoWay

Post by JeoWay »

pspfan, let's create a time machine and go back to the days when there was ONLY HBL and signed homebrew
MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard
Radeon 7950 OC DD (XFX)
Corsair HX1050 PSU
Corsair 900D
jc_gargma
Retired Mod

Post by jc_gargma »

JeoWay wrote:pspfan, let's create a time machine and go back to the days when there was ONLY HBL and signed homebrew
No such time existed, as TN-A (6.20 Patapon 2) came out before signing PSP homebrew was possible.
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

wololo wrote:Yeah, well, I guess the encryption/decryption algorithm from Kirk could be reimplemented in VHBL now, which could be one step further to run isos in user mode, but yeah, when hbl was created, the kirk algorithms hadn't been reverse engineered, and the concept of signed homebrews did not exist.
Yeah it should be easily done, the savedata encryption algorithms have already been re'd (and they are quite simple) so I am guessing that the signing algorithms might have been RE'd as well
"If the truth is a cruel mistress, then a lie must be a nice girl"
JeoWay

Post by JeoWay »

hgoel0974 wrote:
wololo wrote:Yeah, well, I guess the encryption/decryption algorithm from Kirk could be reimplemented in VHBL now, which could be one step further to run isos in user mode, but yeah, when hbl was created, the kirk algorithms hadn't been reverse engineered, and the concept of signed homebrews did not exist.
Yeah it should be easily done, the savedata encryption algorithms have already been re'd (and they are quite simple) so I am guessing that the signing algorithms might have been RE'd as well
*Virtual Thumbs up*
MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard
Radeon 7950 OC DD (XFX)
Corsair HX1050 PSU
Corsair 900D
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

JeoWay wrote:
hgoel0974 wrote:
*Virtual Thumbs up*
If you're interested, you might want to check out the kirk engine portion of the PPSSPP emulator source code
jc_gargma
Retired Mod

Post by jc_gargma »

hgoel0974 wrote:Yeah it should be easily done, the savedata encryption algorithms have already been re'd (and they are quite simple) so I am guessing that the signing algorithms might have been RE'd as well
I take it that you've already make a (V)HBL revision that supports signed homebrew then?
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

jc_gargma wrote:
hgoel0974 wrote:Yeah it should be easily done, the savedata encryption algorithms have already been re'd (and they are quite simple) so I am guessing that the signing algorithms might have been RE'd as well
I take it that you've already make a (V)HBL revision that supports signed homebrew then?
I said I am guessing :roll: :oops: (I haven't looked at the signing algorithms, I just guessed that the Savedata algo's which were mostly MD5's and XOR's mixed (based on some comments)so maybe the signing algo's would be relatively easy to implement (for someone with the experience) :lol: )

Return to “Homebrews”