Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSPedict v0.6

Most of the homebrews discussed in this forum can be downloaded here
lethalis

Re: PSPedict v0.6

Post by lethalis » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:16 am

I was finally able to isolate the error, it is a problem with libccc that comes with intrafont, that again is part of oslib which PSPedict uses.
the program fails because it tries to load "flash0:/vsh/etc/cptbl.dat" (codepage table) , because it needs to convert from S-JIS (Japanese encoding) to UTF16 , when it fails , it cant draw the characters and end up doing a division by zero ( screenwidth/charwidth with charwidth=0 );
cptbl.dat was moved from "flash0:/vsh/etc/cptbl.dat" to "flash0:/codepage/cptbl.dat" in newer firmware, that's why PSPedict runs fine on older firmwares.
i have no idea how safe it is to simply copy cptbl.dat to flash0:/vsh/etc/ so I'm not gonna do that xD, despite the fact that it would spare me the trouble of recompiling every other homebrew that experiences that bug.
i still don't even know if that is the only bug , or if i need the cptbl.dat from older firmwares or not.
I'm still in the process of recompiling pspEDICt and i will upload a working version if i am successful .

cheers ^^.

UPDATE: woohooo it is working xDD i had to use a cptbl.dat from an older firmware though. was lucky enough to find it here. i can upload the fixed Eboot ( changed it so that it looks for the cptbl.dat file in the same folder and not in flash0). can i simply upload the whole fixed package or should I ask permission first ?
Advertising
Last edited by lethalis on Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

lethalis

Post by lethalis » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:27 pm

here is the fix : PSPedict v6.0 fix
just copy the 2 files to the PSPedict v0.6 folder replacing EBOOT.PBP. use the version on nanako's link.(first page of this topic)

have fun ^^
Advertising

nakano

Post by nakano » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:23 am

lethalis wrote:here is the fix : PSPedict v6.0 fix
just copy the 2 files to the PSPedict v0.6 folder replacing EBOOT.PBP. use the version on nanako's link.(first page of this topic)

have fun ^^
Hi Lethalis! Thanks a lot for solving the root cause of the bug and fixing it! I didn't see your message before so my reply comes a little late. I can't verify the fix myself (still in 5.00m33-6), but yes it would have been ok to release the complete package with the updated source code.

Best regards,
Nakano
Genesis 2011 projects:
* AnyLanguageStudy
* Company (Card Game)

Return to “Homebrews”